“My favorite restaurant in Ireland” 5 of 5 bubbles

Corner Note Cafe
Ranked #12 of 26 Restaurants in Dalkey
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Corner Note Cafe is situated in the lovely heritage town of Dalkey, Co. Dublin. We aim to provide restaurant quality food in a beautiful cafe setting. For tourists and locals alike, we provide the fastest free and open wifi in Dalkey, possibly Ireland. You can take a look around the Corner Note Cafe through the virtual tour on our website.
“My favorite restaurant in Ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I recently moved from Ireland back to the USA. My wife, family and I would frequent the Corner Note often. Each meal was perfect. More importantly, the service was top notch.

We loved to meet my wife's father when the ribs were in special, delicious. I have never had a meal less than stellar there so I recommend them all.

The cafe is very quaint, warm and fun. When the sun peaks out and it is warm enough the outdoor seating is a great choice. During the cold winter months a table by the fireplace is tops.

• Visited March 2013

Naas, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for a sunny day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was here with friends over the Bank Holiday weekend and we were very impressed. The staff were lovely and we got a great seat outside in the sunshine. We were a bit disappointed that they didn't have the mussels as we were looking forward to seafood, but we went with the prawn linguine instead. It was good, but needed a little extra flavour. The duck was on the bone and it was great. We really liked the buzz of the place and the owners were lovely. I will come back.

• Visited June 2013
Cork
“Very poor service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We popped in here for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. To begin with the positives, we had soup and a wrap with chips. The chips were absolutely beautiful and the wrap was very tasty. The soup was also lovely. After the food was served, I had to ask for cutlery as it was forgotten. Then, after ten minutes, no sign of the water and coffee we had order. I failed to catch the attention of any of the numerous staff floating around so I had to go up to the counter. After finishing up and requesting the bill, I noticed it was wrong. The manager (I think) came to the table five minutes later, offered an excuse that although she gave us the bill, she wasn't aware of what we had eaten, and it had been misentered by another staff member on the till. I think this was her idea of an apology. I am so disappointed because the food really was fantastic but it was amongst the worst service I have ever experienced!

Visited April 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

The Corner Note is a great place and there is a nice atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and attentive and the food is not the average. In many places you will either get great food but not so great service or vice versa. That is not the case for The Corner Note Cafe. Try prawn linguine, they have nothing to envy to the best Italian restaurant!

• Visited April 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Popped in for lunch on a typical wet, Irish day.

Given the weather that was in it I decided on the special of the day soup which was a seafood chowder. It was quite average, seemed home made but with very little fish and tasted a little bland. The bread that came with it seemed shop bought and was thin, dry and stale.

It's a shame as it seems as if the care has just gone out of the owners and the food has suffered as a result. I, for sure, won't be back...

Service was good, attentive and friendly...

• Visited April 2013