“Breakfast”

Corner Note Cafe
Ranked #12 of 26 Restaurants in Dalkey
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Corner Note Cafe is situated in the lovely heritage town of Dalkey, Co. Dublin. We aim to provide restaurant quality food in a beautiful cafe setting. For tourists and locals alike, we provide the fastest free and open wifi in Dalkey, possibly Ireland. You can take a look around the Corner Note Cafe through the virtual tour on our website.
“Breakfast”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Breakfast very nice but I believe a Full Irish Breakfast should include tea or coffee especially for €10.50. I think it is poor business to charge a further €2 for tea. For that reason I will not return to this restaurant even thought the food was nice....overcharging leaves a sour taste!!

Dublin, Ireland
“Breakfast Treat”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am not surprised to see this rated so highly for cafes in Dalkey. I went with my 10 year old daughter for a post-Christmas breakfast. The cafe I had targeted nearby was cool in it's reception of us so we turned on our heels and headed here instead. I had Eggs Benedict whilst my daughter had a small Irish breakfast - no tomato and no mushroom requested but an extra sausage. The eggs were superb - rich and runny on the freshest bagel I have ever come across. The Irish breakfast was fresh and not oily and the sausages were extraordinarily tasty. Through in a smooth, hot latte and a frothy hot chocolate and it hit the spot perfectly. The cafe is busy and popular but you don't get rushed and can peruse the newspapers over your coffee. There is also free wireless if that's what you want. What else .. oh yeah, the service is spot-on and friendly without being over familiar - you are left to your own devices but they seem to have the knack to know when you require something.

• Visited January 2013
Dublin Ireland
“Great Breakfast (again)”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Had an excellent breakfast here with my son yesterday. It's been consistently good in my opinion. I usually have the small breakfast and did so again yesterday. Not sure where Mary gets the sausages from but they are the best around. They have started giving a bit more toast with the breakfast which is good.

I've also had the chicken wrap before and it's super.

Dundalk
“#1...... Are You Sure About That!!!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

After a long walk on killiney hill with my boyfreind we decided to go for a bite to eat in Dalkey. We were only visiting family in Dublin for a couple of days and havn't been out in dalkey for some years now. So we went on to trip adviser to help decide where to eat. The Corner Note was a clear choice with its many outstanding reveiws. Number one in Dalkey.......HAVE YOU ALL GONE MAD!!! The standards of the residants in Dalkey must have droped since I'v been gone or somthing else is going on here. First of all my table was filthy, my food came out cold and my chunky chips not cooked through. (how do you mess up chips.) Even though we were the only people in the place the staff seemed to want us to eat and leave asfast as possible. So we did. (still hungry) The Corner Note should be put in the corner and forgotten about. Avoid at all cost. Thank you Corner Stone for waisting my money.

• Visited December 2012
10 Thank Nicholeweegoose
Ballinrobe, Ireland
“Unexpected - excellent quality of food, lovely staff and nice ambiente”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Only wanted to have a cuppa on 28th with a friend of mine, dropped in here by chance, and ended up spending almost 2 hours, lovely food, a great coffee and great chat. The staff was absolutely great and super friendly, and it seems this was not only the Xmas spirit but the genuine service of this place. The shrimp bagels were gorgeous, the coffee high quality. The decor was interesting, lovely Xmas decorations but the incredible thing was the absolutely obvious pleasant "feel" of the place - one really felt at home, good vibrations all around.
Thanks for a lovely lunchtime break.

• Visited December 2012