“Amazeballs”

Wrights Dalkey Dispensary
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Wrights Dispensary Bistro is ideally located in the centre of Dalkey Village. Sit back and enjoy our menu washed down with any of a variety of wines in our Tapas Wine Bar and Restaurant.Tapas and Wine to warm the cockles of your heart in the romantic historical background of Dalkey. Now you can savour Wrights of Howth on the idyllic coastline of Dalkey. Healthy, delicious food for the brain. The Tapas are light and refreshing giving a Mediterranean touch to Dalkey. Be transported into another world and listen to live music in the quaint candle lit surroundings of our restaurant. Wrights Dispensary Bistro is one of the cosier, more romantic spots in Dalkey.
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Went for Sunday brunch and I had a steak sandwich. It was lovely! Totally recommend!!

Very reasonable price wise and had a lovely contemporary feel. Hoping the boyfriend takes me there again sometime :)

1  Thank annewilson1986

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I brought my daughter to the Dispensary for her birthday after being recommended by a friend and invited ten members of my family. We had a reservation and were seated immediately by the manageress downstairs. The waitress was polite and friendly, and very attentive. We ordered tapas and main courses, all of which were very tasty and made for a good variety. The manageress was very pleasant and came over to chat to us. The array of wine was large as expected, and overall the service was superb. I would recommend this restaurant to wine and food lovers alike, and I will certainly be paying a visit back next time I'm in Dalkey.

1  Thank Elizabeth D
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My daughter & I had brunch at Wright's yesterday, on Sunday morning. We were the only customers there for the first half hour (we arrived at 11.45) The waiter was lovely and we had a choice of table.
The restaurant itself is a nice space and was candlelit, creating a nice ambience.
We had both been to Wright's Dispensary before for tapas and a couple of times for Saturday lunch. I ordered the special brunch and my daughter
had chicken with Chorizo on a skewer. Although we ordered different dishes we were both very ill afterwards. I phoned the restaurant to let them know, in case they might have served something past its sell by date or the chef might have contaminated the food by not washing his hands after chopping the chicken, mainly as a warning so that others could be protected. The waiter was very nice on the phone but said that he ate the brunch for his breakfast and he was not ill. Later the manager called me back and said that she had no other complaints.
I was too ill to spend time arguing with her so I left it at that. Needless to say we will not be returning there and will be advising any of our friends contemplating a visit to give it a miss.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I ate at Wrights on Sunday last and I have to say it was a curates egg of an experience. We ate from the Early Bird menu which offered good value at 3 courses for €22 or 2 courses at €18. We ordered our starters, for her a Chowder and a Beetroot and Goats cheese salad for me. We also ordered our mains, Vegetable Linguini for the lady and grilled chicken with Chorizo, green beans and Patas Bravas for me. All very straight forward as we settled into a lovely Pinot Grigio. Our mains were first to arrive...and when I queried this, it transpired that the our server had not indicated to the Chef, that we wanted the more traditional, starter first, then main course combination!! However, that was sorted and the starters were excellent, a rich creamy chowder with plenty of fish and a beetroot/goats cheese salad that was one of the best I have ever tasted. The mains were tasty as well, apart from the fact my chicken was not fully cooked and had to be returned. To be fair, they did comp my entire meal and were apologetic. I had an nice but limited cheese board and a cappucino that was more like a quadruple expresso to finish. The Pinto Grigio was excellent, food in the main was good but the service was a bit haphazard and needs some attention. There seemed to be too much distracting the staff, and with the place not very busy, it was not hard to be a bit more careful. Overall, the meal was good value, wine and starters especially nice, and if they get the service right, the Dispensary will be on the menu soon again.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was probably our 6th visit to the Dispensary. We like the idea of tapas, small dishes that you can graze on with lovely wine. There were 6 of us and we had booked a table for 8.30 on a Sunday which also coincided with the end of the Lobster Fest in Dalkey. We arrived on time but they didnt give us menus for a few minutes and it was 8.45 before they came back to take our orders. We asked for some tapas and chose them. The waiter then told us that we would have to pick our main courses also as the chef was closing the kitchen at 9 pm. I am not kidding ! We were slightly annoyed, but with plenty of wine, we decided to relax. But next problem, was they had run out of so much food...it was ridiculous. So we ended up with little choice to be honest. They did explain that it was because of the Lobster Fest but they should have preplanned. Food when it did arrive was lovely.

As we were finishing up, the waiter told us that they are changing the menu. The Tapas element will not be there and they will feature more main courses. All 6 of us decided there and then and said to him that we wouldnt come back...people love the idea of small dishes..and Dalkey has so many restaurants who do just straightforward starter, main courses etc....that we felt they would just be the same as all the others. The waiter said, that the management had made the decision and that that was it !

What a pity....we spent 60 euro a head x 6....so its expensive but good fun...now if only they dont change the menu!