“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Dublin
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I only booked one night at the hotel at first, but after the day i found it quite nice so at midnight I went to the reception and asked to stay another night, which turned out to be a good decision. Was meeting up with friends in town and partying , never went down for breakfast, but had breakfast in the room during my stay, food was ok. Bar staff is very helpful and friendly which I think is the best part of my stay. Only one thing during my stay made me a little bit uncomfortable, when I went to reception asking to stay another night, the staff told me to come down the next morning and then I could have it done, so I said I probably will sleep the day , could you not do it for me now?he said nothing but was giving me a weird and unpleasant look, he did do it for me eventually but he didn't even say anything to me when I said thank you when I was leaving. Anyway, i would still recommend the hotel to a friend and would come back again, just thought great customer care can always be impressive to customer and a reason to bring pol back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, February 16, 2011
Dear Xiaoyi0316 ,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Castleknock Hotel & Country Club. I appreciate your views although I was disappointed to read about your experience trying to book the extra night. I have investigated this matter and the issue has been resolved. I do apologise as this was unacceptable and not in line with hotel policy. However, I'm glad to see that your overall experience was positive.

Guy Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Northern Ireland
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We stayed in Castleknock from 6th to 9th January 2011, and could not fault the hotel in any way. Two friends flew over from the UK and stayed too, and one of them asked for an upgraded room for us which we didnt know about until we arrived. The suite was fab, swans moulded from towels on the bed, gowns, slippers, 2 TVs, sofa , huge bed, chairs loads of space :), and some fruit and chocs left with a note from management. Better than our honeymoon suite albeit 30 years ago !!!
The hotel was spotless, staff friendly and very helpful, nothing too much trouble for them.
We had dinner in The Park, and it was first class, service from Albert our waiter second to none.
My husband and friends had spa treatments booked ( i cant have them due to illness) and said they were so very relaxing . The pool etc were scrupulously clean, and staff there very friendly and helpful too.
What I also liked to see were the little notices on the tables in the bar asking guests to
keep their children seated at all times, to be honest I don't think children should be in a bar after about 7pm....and we have 3 of our own so it's not that I am anti-children.There was a young family staying there with 4 children and they were so well behaved and all under about age 10 !!
The Hotel has standards which they would like guests to adhere to, and in my mind that is a good thing.
We hope to do a return visit later in the year again and would recommend it to others without hesitation.

Dear heartonmysleeve,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a heartwarming review. I really appreciate the comments that you made and Albert was made aware of your personal comment. Thank you once again.

Ashbourne, Ireland
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Point blank refused to serve drink in the residents Bar to Residents. Apparently while the law states hotels must serve 24 hours a day & I quote the manager "it is hotel policy to close the residents bar at 3 a.m. Sharp". When booking you will be promised a full residents bar.
At your reception when the band starts you get provided with a grim faced BOUNCER to stand at the dancefloor taking ladies off the floor if they have no shoes on. Apparently it's "Policy" which is fair enough but it is done by an ignoramus with no manners who will annoy & antagonise most people.
Be warned potential brides they will lie through their teeth to get you in

• Stayed December 2010
3 Thank Elaine C
Dear EC74,

Thank you for writing your review. I'm disappointed to read your comments and would refute a number of the points you make. To our knowledge, there is no law stating that the bar must be kept open 24 hours a day. It is our policy to keep the bar open as long as it is economically viable whilst also taking in to account health and safety. It is also for health and safety reasons that we do not allow people on the dance floor without appropriate footwear. All our security are highly trained and licensed as per current legislation but we will however be taking up your comments with our security contractor.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We stayed in the castleknock hotel for two nights and I had booked dinner bed and breakfast for both nights for a romantic break. Check in was quick and we were greeted by a very nice lady who arranged dinner and explained how the lifts work etc. We were given an upgrade to an executive room. The room was very clean with a large bed (in fact it was two large single beds pushed together, that in itself is not uncommon, but well it was a bit uncomfortable) .The tv was small but there was an ipod docking station which was a touch. Two sets of bath robes and slippers were also provided. The bath room was again clean with a bath, separate shower (with great water pressure) There were lovely shampoos and conditioners.
The dinner was grand, and I must say the dining room staff were excellent, nothing was too much for them. They made the evening. For dessert we both enjoyed the winter berry slice with fresh cream was to die for.
Breakfast was very typical of modern hotels, self service with ample choice. (You may have to ask for toast)
We also tried the swimming pool which was grand.
In my view the only grip I have is on check out as the clerk announced loudly my bill and this was heard by my partner (she was standing some distance away). I would have rather that she didn’t hear. Perhaps going forward the hotel could print out your bill and ask is the figure correct as printed and then process the charge.
We enjoyed the hotel and in all but one aspect the hotel is well run the waiting staff are excellent,, oh I nearly forgot to mention that the cleaning staff in the hallways were very polite and courteous. We will come back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Dear JWDublin2011,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor in relation to your recent stay with us here at Castleknock Hotel. I was delighted that you are your partner enjoyed your stay with us. I certainly take on board your comment in relation to the billing on reception and this is something we will be looking at. Constructive feedback is very important and it helps us to improve our standards and service going forward. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and please become a fan on our Facebook page and check out our website for all our latest offers.

Thank you again for your lovely review.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2011

Myself my partner and son stayed with the hotel for new years eve and the hotel was really busy. They had a wedding going on and what seemed to be a full house. But when it came to service they were on the ball. We were seated on time for our meal in the restaurant and the food was out of this world with excellent service the rooms are a nice size with excellent facilities and the whole atmosphere of the night was wonderful. I cant wait to stay again

• Stayed December 2010
Dublin
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We spent a very restful and enjoyable night here. The service was excellent, especially the wait staff at dinner, and the hotel was very clean. We availed of a deal that included dinner and breakfast and a bottle of wine in our room. The food was very good; much better than what one normally gets in a hotel. There was a large wedding going on the night of our stay, and a group there for a wedding the following night, but the hotel was large enough that this didn't impinge on our enjoyment. Overall I think the Castleknock Hotel is better than other four star hotels I've stayed in in Ireland.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Holymadness,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us here at Castleknock Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt our service was excellent. Don’t forget to check out our website for our latest offers and sign up to our Facebook page.

Thank you again for your lovely review and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Had my Christmas party here in December and while the room, food, service, and entertainment had been great, was very disappointed to discover that my camera had been taken. Had left it down in the lobby near friends to go to the bathroom and when I returned it was gone. It was 6am so the only people around were my work colleagues, none of whom would take my camera, and staff. Security staff were unpleasant and aggressive, very disappointing considering the calibre of the hotel and the good service we had received. Requested to see CCTV the next morning but was told it wasn't possible. Management and staff were sympathetic but hotel was let down badly by the security staff.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank 80schic2016
Dear an0n11,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the food, service and ambience of the hotel during your recent Christmas Party. It is however disappointing to read that you lost your camera during the party. Unfortunately, we cannot take responsibility for guest’s possessions whilst staying at or attending the hotel unless they are presented for safe keeping to a member of the Management Team and held in the hotel safe. The primary function of the security staff at the hotel is to ensure the health and safety of all guests but they are also trained to deal with many other situations including guests who have misplaced personal belongings. I will certainly be discussing your comments with the Manager of the company who supplies our security staff to ensure that the problems you encountered do not occur in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review and I hope that this isolated unfortunate incident does not deter you from returning to the hotel in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Guy Thompson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
#7 of 151 in Dublin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,408 reviews
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
Finnstown Castle Hotel

Been to Castleknock Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!