“I'll be back!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
County Antrim
“I'll be back!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is my sort of hotel. Spacious room, lovely grounds, ample parking, beautiful pool,hot jacuzzi, decent breakfast buffet and friendly staff. Just what I need when over-nighting on a business trip. I got a very good mid-week price for which I have stayed in some crummy places n the past.
I ate bar food last night and my two dishes were tasty and good value. Absolutely no complaints - I stay in a lot of hotels and I will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Ballyeamon

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review.
I am delighted to read your feedback and to know you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Guy Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for valentines long weekend. Room was acceptable. . Let down by a filthy chair..which I was reluctant to sit on...and just attention to detail..cracks in plaster , cracking varnish on doors..and a really poor view of the roof and it's noisy heating and ventilation. ...It did have all the amenities we wanted.iron.wifi kettle etc.. but when we ordered room service it took nearly 40mins to get through and when it came it was wrong.

Apart from the niggles...hotel is out of the way so a peaceful break was had. Spa is fine...Castleknock is a 20min walk and has loads of restaurants (too many to be honest?)

If your not expecting absolute indulgence and pure luxury...just somewhere nice to get away ...you shouldn't be disappointed.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alexander M
Dear Reviewer

Thanks for taking the time to pass on your review and for choosing Castleknock Hotel to celebrate Valentines Weekend. I have noted all of your points and will certainly look into these further as attention to detail is, and always has been, extremely important to us throughout the Hotel.

We are located in country side surroundings, yet being a 15 minute drive away from Dublin City Centre and a 5 minute drive from Castleknock Village.

Thank you again, I hope we can welcome you back

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We decided to have a few days away in Dublin. We had checked out a few places to stay and this one was the preferred choice. We arrived, and was greeted by a really helpful receptionist. She was polite and efficient. Check-in was see less. We got into the room and it was outstanding. Very comfortable and clean. The first night was a little noisy, after all there was a wedding on. We still enjoyed a comfortable stay. The hotel facilities are fantastic and it's ideally situated for the highways or the city. Pheonix Park is literally 10 minutes away. All in all, a fantastic place I would highly recommend.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Mark39uk

Thank you for posting your wonderful review. I am delighted to read how warm your welcome was on arrival & that you were impressed with our accommodation standards.

Thank you for your recommendation & I hope we can welcome you back soon

Carrickmacross, Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Really enjoyed this short break, the hotel was lovely and very child friendly. It was in a lovely location as although you were near the city it felt like you were out in the country. The food was excellent dined both nights in the hotel.The staff were very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Thereze M

Thank you for passing on your review. I am delighted you and your family enjoyed your break.
I do hope your children had time to use our kiddies pool and outdoor playground area.

It is great to know you enjoyed your meal both evenings too.

I hope we can welcome you all back soon

Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Our stay was a pre-Christmas trip for some shopping and relaxation. The package was for a two night stay with one evening meal and a spa treatment. On arrival, the reception staff were very friendly, chatty and helpful. We got to our room which was perfect, clean and with all the necessities for a short stay. Dinner was booked for the evening we arrived. We thought the dinner would be a dull affair as most packages like this can be, but we were pleasantly surprised. the choice on the menu was great. Again the restaurant staff were friendly, pleasant and helpful. Dinner was beautiful. All three courses were very well presented and tasted divine. I seriously recommend that you have dinner.
the following morning, we went to the spa for our treatment included in our package. Unlike other spas I have gone to, my wife and I were not separated in different rooms but taken together to the treatment room and relaxation rooms afterwards. it was a romantic package so they obviously kept this in mind. The spa staff were equally friendly and helpful.
The only downside was that the room was a little cold at night and there were no additional bed clothes or pillows. Still this will not take from a very enjoyable stay.
Plenty of shopping close by with Blanchardstown SC being the closest and Dundrum SC and the city centre not too far away.

Room Tip: Our room was a Delux Room which was adequate for length of stay and it overlooked the golf course...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NariekYelworc
Dear NariekYelworc

Thank you for choosing Castleknock Hotel for your pre-Christmas break. We are located 10 minutes from Blanchardstown Shopping Centre which is perfect for a Christmas Shopping Trip.

It seems you dined on our Dinner Inclusive Menu’ which we have upgraded recently and received very positive feedback , so I am thrilled you enjoyed your meal.

Thank you again & I hope we can welcome you and your wife back.

Cork
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I got a good deal at this hotel recently and though the location is a little remote the onsite facilities are excellent. From the moment of checkin to checkout I could not fault the place. The rooms are lovely and comfortable which ensured a good nights sleep. The food in the bar area was excellent and the buffet breakfast was perfectly adequate. It is located on a golf course and i would have no hesitation staying here again perhaps for leisure rather than business the next time round.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear hilltop1

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review. This is greatly appreciated. We are set in country side surroundings, however at the same time, just a 15 drive from Dublin City Centre.

I am thrilled to know you had a comfortable sleep & enjoyed your dining experiences.

I do hope we can welcome you back for a leisure break in the near future.

Concord,MA
Reviewed February 5, 2014

First the excellent
Excellent
Great people and service- extremely helpful and pleasant.
Breakfast buffet was very nice- good solid choices- and of course Irish Soda Bread.
The location itself was beautiful and relaxing. Golf course very nice.
Spa (massage only) was relaxing and nice (more comments on the work out area below)-I had a one hour message - the masseuse was excellent and the room lovely and relaxing highly recommended

Good- Dinner service for our group was good and the meals (given the size of the group) were very good. I cannot comment on dinner or lunch since I was with a larger group starting the first night of my visit.
Room- roomy for Ireland (being a Yank)- room was rather stuffy (I could not figure out how to cut off the heat) so I ended up sleeping with the Window open in January.
Meeting rooms were well equipped and AV assistance and all other (breaks) well done.

Needs Improvement- I am a workout fanatic- do it almost every day when traveling but unable to run because of knees. Gym area needs an overhaul. Looks like it has not been touched for well on a decade. Agining Tech Gymn elliptical are not good. Rowing machine okay (Concept 2) but also aging and the workout calculator (showing distance and time) did not work. Weight machines aging and cranky. Gymn packed and too many people for too small a space.
Dumbells and mats available which I used.
They also have a spinning room with good machines. Despite the excellent spa massage experience (on a differing floor and very much a different experience than the gym workout room) because of the disrepair and aging equipment I rated the Spa as a three only (Massage a five and gym a 2).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear HPM1984

Thank you for taking the time to pass on such a detailed review. It is wonderful to read about your excellent experiences during your stay with us.

In relation to the Gym recommendations, I do appreciate your opinion and thank you for your feedback, in fact for 2015 we have plans in place, as part of our budget, to upgrade some of our Gym facilities. I will say however, our equipment is specifically suited to our target market’ and clients needs.

We have recently introduced new exercise classes along with a squat-bar in keeping up with the modern exercise trends

Thank you again & I hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to Ireland

Guy Thompson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Kilmainham
The Croke Park
#5 of 151 in Dublin
Clontarf Castle Hotel
#3 of 151 in Dublin

Been to Castleknock Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!