“Fantastic in every way !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Castleknock Hotel & Country Club

Castleknock Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
“Fantastic in every way !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I came here with my husband and our three boys aged 5 4 and 1 1/2 yrs. I couldn't find a fault we had a fantastic time the kids loved it. Rooms service food were great. The staff couldn't do enough for us. The play area was perfect. Super close to zoo and 20 mins from Tayto park. Looking forward
going again next year. I would tell anyone not to hesitate you will not be disappointed!!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Caitlingillan

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback & for your recommendation. We do feel we are a very family friendly Hotel with the outside playground as you mention, and our kiddies swimming pool. We are a 5 minute drive from the Phoenix Park where Dublin Zoo is located.

We run many family overnight packages all year round including our popular 54321 packages

I am delighted you and your family enjoyed your break and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2014

Guy Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Just spent for nights here after having to leave our holiday apartment early. Hotel is set in lovely countryside, right beside the golf course. Public areas aremodern and relaxing although there were quite a few kids around. There is a separate bar area for adults only, but was never open while we were there, just a sign directing guests to the main bar.
Restaurant and bar staff were fantastic and could not do enough for you. Reception staff were also good but not as friendly or welcoming.
The hotel advertising makes great play on it's golf course and there was even a card in the room advising special rates on green fees for hotel guests. We were told that the golf course though, is now unrelated to the hotel and I certainly did not get a special rate on the green fee.
All in all a nice place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Snaggles5675

Many thanks for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

As you mention we do feel we are located in an ideal setting with country side surroundings yet not too far from Dublin City Centre. We do work very closely with Castleknock Golf club, offering many overnight package options to include green fees, however as you mention they are under separate management.

Thank you again & I hope we can welcome you back soon

Cheddar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Had a fabulous stay for two nights at this hotel with my niece, the staff were very helpful and welcoming, we had lovely treatments in the spa and enjoyed the pool facilities. The bar staff were very attentive, particularly Brendan, nothing was too much trouble to ensure we had great service, food was lovely and good value, breakfast was very good. Good location and base away from the city centre, but able to travel there by bus, car or taxi, fairly near to pheonix park and Dublin Zoo.
Elegant and relaxed hotel, I would definately stay again and woud recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Dear San_jim_12

Many thanks for your comments and for your recommendation. This is greatly appreciated. I am delighted to read that you & your and niece has such an enjoyable stay. I shall certainly pass on your feedback to the staff mentioned

Thank you again & we look forward to welcoming you back

Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Went for a over night trip with the girls to the hotel, we had treatments in the spa and cannot fault the spa it was perfect and the staff were lovely. The room was clean and we asked for an ice bucket and glasses to be sent to our room when we checked in and it arrived within a few minutes. We had booked in for a meal as part of the deal. Only fault I had with that was I ordered soup and it did not come with bread or a roll I had to ask for it. I stayed in the hotel before and I was offered a variety of bread.
The lobby of the hotel were the bar is had live music which was great but the bar service and cocktails were not great at all. We were standing at the bar for a while the bar staff avoided eye contact a man staying the hotel got the bar staff to serve us. The cocktails were horrible the lounge girl was very nice and got them changed for us but they were still undrinkable very disappointed with them as they are all part of a girly weekend.
The next morning after breakfast we went up onto the first floor and right beside the lifts there looked like a group of children were getting some sort of lessons. There must have been about 20 kids it was a bit strange I called my friends and the woman who was teaching the class stopped talking to give me look for me ‘to be quiet‘!. Don’t know what was going on but if that was a teaching class then they should be in private room and not in a public area of a hotel I felt uncomfortable in the area. I had not seen any of these kids the day before in the hotel or at breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Dear DeeDublin

Many thanks for your comments. Please note we take all feedback on board as our team of staff and managers constantly try to keep improving our service in all departments, so I really appreciate your time taken to pass this on.

Your comments in relation to the cocktails have certainly been noted & I am sorry you felt this way. I know we have very recently made changes to some of our cocktails and these have been very well received.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Spa treatments at Tonic Health & Day Spa & I hope we can welcome you and your friends back again

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just spent 7 days at the hotel, 3rd time we've been there and it was just fantastic. The location is beautiful and suited us as our family is in Blanchardstown. Wanted to stay a week and found best value was to take 2 of their special packages, one for 3 days and one for 4 day. This worked out really economical as it included a large family room, very nicely appointed and plenty of space, great breakfast every day and an adult dinner one of the nights (2 dinners on the 4 night package). You can eat in the lovely restaurant or get equivalent value for bar food in the very spacious bar area.
We also got family tickets to Dublin Zoo which is wonderful and on the 2nd package I opted for the spa treatment and had a lovely manicure at the spa. They even changed my toe nail polish for free!
The staff are lovely and everything was very efficient. They even made sure we were able to stay in the same room for all of our stay despite checking out and in again on day 3! The room was always cleaned and made up early in the day and was spotless.
The hotel can be very busy with lots of weddings but still manages to stay calm and refined. It doesn't have air con in the rooms (not sure why for a modern hotel) so if you overlook the front and are above the function room you do get some noise if there's a wedding.
There is a lovely playground for the kids and the pool area is great (swim hats must be worn).
All in all a very elegant but really relaxed hotel. We had a great time!

Dear Neenah54956

I am delighted to know that you and your family had an enjoyable break. It seems you made the most of your time at the Hotel and used many of the complimentary facilities available, I do hope your children had fun.

We really appreciate such detailed feedback. We do feel we are a very family friendly hotel with the kiddies swimming pool, outdoor playground and spacious family bedrooms. We run our Family 54321 packages all year round; which include family passes to Dublin Zoo or as mentioned Spa treatments

I hope we can welcome you all back in the near future

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went there on Sunday the 25th August and booked a table for 8 in the golf club. On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff who showed us to our table. The seating arrangments are a bit out of sort and not really comfortable, chairs reminded me of school.

The food was ok......nothing special arrived a bit to quick and the meat was not of the bone but more like it was boiled in a bag. Vegables were crunchy touching on hard. Deserts reminded me of a frozen desert you would get in a Chinese restaurant.
This was not my first time here but the food was not up to the standard as previous times but the staff were friendly and professional.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pat W
N Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I was here for a family wedding the hotel had all you could need in terms of cleanliness and comfort the staff were very friendly and the rooms were big spacious with every amenity however the hotel was too warm in general and everyone else found this was the case at least our rooms were supplied with a fan the only other down side was the service it was extremely slow both at the bar and in the restaurant luckily we were a large group and had plenty of Craic regardless the service at the wedding meal was top notch so that was the main thing

• 3 of 5 bubbles
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Vermaur

Thank you for your comments. Please know we take all feedback on board and I have noted each of your points. I am sorry you felt the service was slow, there is no excuse for this and we will ensure to keep improving our service & standards in all departments

I am delighted you enjoyed such a special occasion with us & I hope we can welcome you back again

Guy Thompson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
#6 of 153 in Dublin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,269 reviews
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to Castleknock Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!