“GREAT stay, just a lot of taxi fares to town.”
Review of Castleknock Hotel

Castleknock Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here as part of a work event. From the moment of check in until check out every moment was enjoyable. I visited the spa and had a very relaxing and affordable massage. The weather was too cool for any outdoor swimming, etc...
The bar service was great and complete with a fun group of Irishmen who loved to sing.
The breakfasts were so delicious and the wait staff remembered us from day to day. We asked to house our luggage there while we visited other areas and they graciously agreed. The only drawback in the room was that we were in two twin beds. Lastly, we went into the city several times and so taxis were frequently called for us from the front desk which was great. The fares, not so much....overall a fabulous stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Latechgrad

I would like to thank you for passing on your feedback.
I am delighted to read your comments & feel very proud to know that you had such an enjoyable stay. It is wonderful that you had the time to use our Tonic Health & Day Spa facilities during your break. We are located in an ideal country setting, while at the same time, just a 15 minute drive from the City Centre.
I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future

There are newer reviews for Castleknock Hotel

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Was here for a Girls Night in package with my daughter to celebrate her 18th Birthday. The hotel itself, surroundings, bar were all fine but our experience in the restaurant was terrible. The starter was requested without dressing as my daugter does not like chilli dressing, the waitress offered a garlic sauce as a substitute but arrived with the chili sauce. When this was mentioned she went off and got a pesto and basil sauce as a replacement instead of the garlic sauce that was offered. I ordered a glass of Cab Sab but a glass of Sav Blanc arrived and had to be changed. The main course took an age to arrive and although the sauce for the steak had been requested on the side, it arrived over the meat. The chicken supreme with black olive potatoes arrived and had obviously been sitting under a head lamp for a long period of time, the vegetables which was a bowl of carrotts were the same and were dry and inedible. When the waitress saw that most of my dinner had not been eaten and I told her why we were offered a complimentary drink which is all very nice but its not dinner!!! We were seated at 7.30 pm and our coffee and dessert arrived at 9.28 pm. All in all not an enjoyable experience and I won't be eating again in Castleknock hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gemma6565

Dear Gemma6565

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review. I do appreciate such detailed feedback. I am very surprised with your overall feelings towards your dinner. I am very sorry you felt this way and that you left the restaurant feeling unsatisfied.

Please know we take all criticisms on board & I will certainly be speaking to the restaurant manager in relation to your issues mentioned to ensure this does not happen again. We have recently recruited a new executive head chef who has plans to improve & upgrade our menus even further. The majority of feedback received from guests about our restaurants, both the Brasserie & AA Award winning Park restaurant, is very positive, however as mentioned we always appreciate negative & positive feedback from our guests.

I do feel that if you return on a future occasion you will leave with a different opinion

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We spent a short break of 3 days here. The hotel was lovely. The staff were pleasant and always very helpful. We had a double room and the bed was very comfortable and the room very clean. The bathroom had chrome fittings and all shone! I have never stayed where the bathroom was so clean. Excellent. The food was delicious. The only comment i would make was that it was a buffet breakfast. As it is a 4 star hotel i was disappointed although you could order other meals from the breakfast menu which i did. It is my personal preference to have a cooked breakfast made fresh. I would certainly consider another visit. It is in a lovely setting and we both had a great stay.We did not use the Spa facilities but they looked really good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Yve-18

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback. This is greatly appreciated.
I am thrilled to read that you both had a nice break with us. The cleanliness of our bedrooms has always been important to all of the staff & management, so I am delighted that this added to your overall enjoyment.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon and on your next stay, maybe you can avail of the complimentary leisure centre facilities and your resident’s Tonic 15% discount off treatments.

Many thanks again

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Held a christening there on Saturday. Had no expectations one way or another. Left feeling super, staff made it such a wonderful day, just when you felt they had done all that was both possible and needed they just went further. Both management and staff showed us that delivering fine food, excellent service and Value can be made magical when the entire staff personally add those s little extras, such as sun cream, sun glasses, cool wet face cloths, and set up basied up on their preseption of what would make your day special put side seating and them to top that, provide finger food as complimentary extras, it was hard to leave. More incredible it is often said if God came down again on clouds I have some issue or objection, hard to please but easy to upset, so it takes a lot to get me to write.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Joe B

I am extremely proud reading your feedback. I am thrilled that such a special family occasion went so well for you. Myself and our team of staff and management do feel attention to detail is very important to add to the overall enjoyment during our guest’s visit, so to read that you noticed and made use of these extra services is wonderful.

Thank you for choosing Castleknock Hotel to hold your event.
I hope we can welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Children running around , unsupervised... in First Communion Outfits... Mayhem....Booked on day of arrival.... only room available was a single non-smoking room... However, I could have walked through the cig. scent that greeted me...On entering smoking area ... ash trays filled to overflowing.... and worst of all ... broken glass outside children's "playgound"..... surely a safety hazard..Ordered salmon meal.... it was over-cooked and inedible...food spilt on floor of dining area...and left there.... Overall ... a bad impression.... And €149 for a single room....!!!!.

Room Tip: ...would not have a clue.... my room overlooked the staff car park....
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bernadette B

Dear Bernadette B

Thank you for posting your feedback. I am a little surprised by some of your comments, however our communion ball events have been the busiest days of the year in the hotel to date. This includes both bedroom bookings and our ground floor. To be honest our staff were unfortunately a little over stretched and overwhelmed due to the fact that the number of guests in the hotel throughout these 2 days was more than expected. I am very sorry that you felt this way on such a special occasion.

Please know that our team of staff & management have had meetings to ensure this event next year will improve immensely.

Attention to detail and customer service is extremely important to us, so I do feel very strongly reading your review, and again I am very sorry you left the hotel feeling this way.

Our playground is supervised throughout the day to ensure it is kept clean and safe for children. The addition of this in 2010 has proved to be a great success with our families

If you do return to Castleknock Hotel on a future occasion I have no doubt you will leave with a more positive opinion

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here on business for two nights and found it a very nice place to stay. The hotel seemed to be run very efficiently and the staff were very helpful. The room was large and clean, though lacking aircon, which could be a problem on the few hot days they must have. We ate in the hotel on one occasion and the food was very good, though there did seem to be a bar menu too. Would certainly stay there again when I am in the area.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Doozey

I really appreciate the time taken to post your review. We do try to be the ideal hotel for both our leisure and corporate guests so I am delighted that you were impressed during your business trip. We do have a bar food menu as you mention, we also have two restaurants including our Brasserie Restaurant and our AA Rosette award winning Park Restaurant so there are a lot of menu choices available to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back, Thank you again

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was my first stay at the hotel, and I was very impressed my room was large with every mod-con, I was lucky to have a room over looking the golf course. A nice selection also on the beverage tray. The meals were very reasonable, and the food was very good. The hotel also comes with a pool and spa. What capped the stay for me was the staff they were a credit to the management and were most likely the best I have come across and I stay in hotels 200 nights a year. I will always make this my hotel of choice when travelling in Dublin.

Room Tip: If you can try and get a room that over looks the Golf course
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear artyfartyblyth

I really appreciate your comments and your time taken to pass on your review. I am extremely proud to read your feedback in relation to our staff. Customer service has always been our first priority so to know that you felt this way is just wonderful, especially as you stay in numerous hotels and have that experience.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon

Guy Thompson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#68 of 150 in Dublin
The Croke Park
#5 of 150 in Dublin
Clontarf Castle Hotel
#3 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Castleknock Hotel? Share your experiences!