Would have given the hotel 5 stars if we hadn't had a lot of noise in the early hours of the morning from children running and shouting in the car park. When we mentioned this at reception it was taken very seriously. We were told it would be Aiken up with management as it was very much against company policy. A note was put on our customer profile to ensure a quieter room if we return. A very positive response to a complaint. Everything else about the hotel was great. Huge room. I think we may have been upgraded although it was not mentioned. Room spotlessly clean. Lovely bathroom with bath and walk in shower. Good atmosphere in general areas. Lovely pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi etc which was very quiet. You have to wear a swim hat in the pool. Available to buy for 3 euros. Good bar food. not much choice if you are vegetarian but pasta dish was very well cooked and tasted great. Fantastic staff. Always happy to do anything to help. Genuine service with a smile. Check out is not till 12 which means you can have really relaxed morning, use spa etc before leaving. If you have only booked a room, it's worth buying vouchers for breakfast when you check in. 9.95 euros pp and well worth it. EXCELLENT breakfast. Amazing choice etc. Costs about 7 euros more if not pre-booked. Would be very happy to stay here again but would ask for a quiet room f there was a wedding on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castleknock Hotel, an award winning 4 star hotel is located right on the doorstep of Dublin City, set in lush grounds with an onsite golf course, beside the Phoenix Park. Specialising in corporate stays, conferences, golf breaks, weekend weddings and relaxed family and leisure visits, the hotel is just 15 minutes from Dublin city centre and 20 minutes from Dublin Airport with easy access on the M50, but feels like a world away from the bustle of the city with its tranquil countryside setting. Just outside Castleknock village, this stylish but informal and relaxed hotel is a spacious, modern hotel which, with its expansive views over the golf course and surrounding countryside, makes a delightfully pleasant base for both business and leisure guests. With an 18-hole golf course, award-winning restaurants and welcoming bars, an innovative meeting and events offering, substantial sports screens, outdoor patio and children's playground, there is something for everyone to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castleknock Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castleknock Hotel And Country Club
- Castleknock Hotel Country
- Castleknock Hotel County Dublin