“Great hotel- noisy wedding party”
Review of Castleknock Hotel

Castleknock Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Great hotel- noisy wedding party”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Would have given the hotel 5 stars if we hadn't had a lot of noise in the early hours of the morning from children running and shouting in the car park. When we mentioned this at reception it was taken very seriously. We were told it would be Aiken up with management as it was very much against company policy. A note was put on our customer profile to ensure a quieter room if we return. A very positive response to a complaint. Everything else about the hotel was great. Huge room. I think we may have been upgraded although it was not mentioned. Room spotlessly clean. Lovely bathroom with bath and walk in shower. Good atmosphere in general areas. Lovely pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi etc which was very quiet. You have to wear a swim hat in the pool. Available to buy for 3 euros. Good bar food. not much choice if you are vegetarian but pasta dish was very well cooked and tasted great. Fantastic staff. Always happy to do anything to help. Genuine service with a smile. Check out is not till 12 which means you can have really relaxed morning, use spa etc before leaving. If you have only booked a room, it's worth buying vouchers for breakfast when you check in. 9.95 euros pp and well worth it. EXCELLENT breakfast. Amazing choice etc. Costs about 7 euros more if not pre-booked. Would be very happy to stay here again but would ask for a quiet room f there was a wedding on.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Allison6

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry again for the inconvenience caused due to noise you mention, however I am glad that you were satisfied with the response and solution to your complaint.
We take great pride in the cleanliness of our bedrooms so it is wonderful to read that you noticed this attention to detail. I really appreciate your feedback in relation to our staff, this makes me feel very proud as our team of staff and management always try our best to ensure excellent customer service so to read your words is fantastic.

I really hope we can welcome you back & we look forward to welcoming you

Kindest Regards
Guy Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
burt1972
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with 2 small kids. Handy for phoenix park. Rooms are a little hot at night. Generally works well for us. A little point of town but we didn't mind. Restaurant food is good quality.
Generally hits the spot for our needs with 2 under 2. Have stayed three times at this stage on basis of value in Dublin.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank burt1972
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear burt1972

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate each and every one of our returning guests & I am thrilled you chose to stay with us again for a third time. As you mention we are just a 5 minute drive from The Phoenix Park which is of course where Dublin Zoo is located. I do hope you had the time for your two young children to avail of the complimentary use to our kiddies pool and outdoor playground

Thank you again & I hope we can welcome you and your family back for a fourth time

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed with three friends at the Castleknock Hotel on a weekend break package and had a lovely time. The hotel is fresh, welcoming and friendly. The staff were all very nice and very accommodating. Bedrooms were lovely with comfy beds and a well laid out bathroom - separate shower cubicle which I always love. We used the spa and swimming pool which were lovely, and had dinner that night in the restaurant. Even though we were on a Dinner Bed & Breakfast package - and normally in hotels, you tend to get very basic dinners on those packages - the dinner we got was absolutely gorgeous. Breakfast on both mornings was also delicious. There was good atmosphere in the hotel lobby also on the Saturday night as there was a guy singing and playing a guitar. The one thing to note with this hotel is it's a bit out of the way, and unless you have your own car, you will be paying a fortune with taxis to get too and from there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank CorkGirlIreland
Dear CorkGirlIreland

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am thrilled reading your words & I am delighted you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us. We have made improvements to the Inclusive Dinner Menu that you mention so I am glad you found this gorgeous and I hope this added to the overall enjoyment of your stay. It is wonderful that you each had the time to use the complimentary leisure facilities and avail of treatments in Tonic Health & Day Spa

I do hope we can welcome you and your friends back on a future occasion

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed on the 16th June,it's a beautiful hotel,we were made to feel very welcome as soon as we arrived,rooms were very nice,bar was very big and spacious,we stayed on a deal of €120 for two people which included b&b and a three course dinner which was great value,we'd thoroughly recommend it,and WILL be back soon....

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Petethekiller

Let me first thank you for your recommendation. I am delighted that you both enjoyed your birthday night stay with us. It is lovely to read that you felt very welcome on your arrival as this is something we feel is extremely important.

It is wonderful to read that you will be returning & we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 17, 2013

One night stay, great atmosphere, hotel buzzing, food in restaurant very tasty, one man band playing, very entertaining. Breakfast excellent. Rooms very good and beds very comfortable. Staff extremely professional, curtious and overall a pleasure to be around. There was a mistake on our bill but the lady at reception sorted it immediately. Top class hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear 440Anne

Let me take this time to thank you for your feedback.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your one night break with us. We have live music on every weekend night in our lobby which, as you mention, adds to the atmosphere of the hotel so I am glad you experienced this. I am very proud reading your words in relation to our staff, customer service is extremely important to us and our team of staff & management thrive on constantly improving guest service in all departments

Thank you again & I hope we can welcome you back in the near future

Dungannon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here last weekend and must rate this fabulous hotel 5stars. Staff were lovely, rooms amazing and every possible need met. The location is excellent for central dublin, and also easy access to public transport.

We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Location excellent for all attractions
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hens3

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback. I really appreciate the words used to describe your stay & I am thrilled to be made aware of this. I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future for another break away

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Location:

Hotel is on the outskirts of the town of Castleknock which is a 15 minute taxi journey to Dublin and 25 minutes to the airport.

Hotel:

The hotel is set in a stunning location with a golf course next door were you get a discount green fee while staying at the hotel. The hotel has great food served throughout the day till 10pm were it changes to a plater menu. Room service is also very efficient and again the food quality is excellent as the same menu as the Fionn Ulsce Bar. Without doubt this was one of the better breakfast buffets we have had. Our room did not include breakfast and it is cheaper getting breakfast vouchers from recepition the night before as they cost 9.95 euros compared to one day price of 16.95 euros. The hotel is very popular with the locals on the weekend which provides a great vibrant atmosphere in the bars. There is also free wifi around the entire hotel.

Rooms:

The rooms are very clean and a reasonable size with all the amenities you would expect. Our one criticism of the rooms is there is no air conditioning. We visited between 9th to 12th June when the weather had been hot, which had made the rooms very stuffy and hot during the night even with the windows opened constantly throughout the day and night. Thus the reason for giving an average sleep quality rating.

Spa:

The spa is run by Tonic who provide an excellent gym, 18m pool, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room. On arrival to the Spa desk you are provided with a gym towel and a pool towel. You are required to wear a swim cap in the pool which costs 3 euros if you do not have your own. There is also changing room facilities with lockers and showers. I would highly recommend booking a spa treatment during your stay such as the hot stones massage which was excellent. The Spa treatment rooms are upstairs with relaxation and massage rooms. While staying at the hotel you get a 15% discount on all treatments you have.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Markw2290
Dear Markw2290

I would like to thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback. I appreciate such detailed comments & I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the many facilities the hotel has to offer from the golf course to our Tonic Health & Day Spa.

I am delighted you had the time to make use of these facilities & I hope this helped towards the overall enjoyment of your stay with us

I hope we can welcome you back on a future occasion

Guy Thompson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#67 of 151 in Dublin
Clontarf Castle Hotel
#3 of 151 in Dublin
The Croke Park
#5 of 151 in Dublin

Been to Castleknock Hotel? Share your experiences!