We arrived at the hotel for a midweek break, the hotel looked the part and first impressions were great! The receptionist was very friendly and check in was straightforward. The room was lovely and spacious and the ensuite had both shower and bath which was nice to have the option, we had booked spa treatments and they were fab! The staff there were great and very professional would defiantly recommend to others. The only problem I had with the hotel room was the heat, it was so warm and the portable fan in the room did not work, although when I spoke to the receptionist she made a note and it was replaced by the time we got back from dinner. On our first night we ate in the park restaurant. The staff were ok, we were told someone would come for a drinks order and in the end we had to bring it to their attention after the second course, despite this the food was amazing. I was really disappointed with their attention to detail tho, as my boyfriend choose the restaurant to propose, they completely failed to notice him on one knee proposing, not even a congratulations and we left barely without notice, for an award winning restaurant this was disappointing. We had breakfast included and this was great, fantastic selection and in comparison to our dinner the breakfast waitress remembered us by name every morning. In all a good hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castleknock Hotel, an award winning 4 star hotel is located right on the doorstep of Dublin City, set in lush grounds with an onsite golf course, beside the Phoenix Park. Specialising in corporate stays, conferences, golf breaks, weekend weddings and relaxed family and leisure visits, the hotel is just 15 minutes from Dublin city centre and 20 minutes from Dublin Airport with easy access on the M50, but feels like a world away from the bustle of the city with its tranquil countryside setting. Just outside Castleknock village, this stylish but informal and relaxed hotel is a spacious, modern hotel which, with its expansive views over the golf course and surrounding countryside, makes a delightfully pleasant base for both business and leisure guests. With an 18-hole golf course, award-winning restaurants and welcoming bars, an innovative meeting and events offering, substantial sports screens, outdoor patio and children's playground, there is something for everyone to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castleknock Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castleknock Hotel And Country Club
- Castleknock Hotel Country
- Castleknock Hotel County Dublin