We stayed from 06/05/13 to 10/05/13. we booked under an online offer of €485 for 4 nights for 2 adults & 2 kids. as we were only bringing 1 child i asked for a further discount when booking but was told no. This was fine until we arrived at the hotel to find we were to stay in a shoebox for 5 days!!! The room was horrendously small. There were no basic facilities i would have expected in a hotel room, fridge, bath robes, temp control etc! I was discuted so i complained as this was meant to be our honeymoon. The manager explained that there were no other rooms available as they were fully booked, doubtful as the dining room was nearly empty the following morning. She also said that they usually put 2 adults and 2 children into this room, (2 kids to share the sofa bed), which i find very hard to believe as there were only 3 of us and there wasn't room to swing a cat! The bar staff seemed nice & the waiting staff in the restaurant were attentive but the reception staff didn't even look up when we passed. The size of the room really ruined our stay. Also, as part of the deal was a spa treatment, which was lovely, but also 2 evening meals. One would assume that this would include all parties staying but no, it only include the 2 adults meals!! we had to pay for my sons meal.
Overall, we were not impressed. It really ruined what was meant to be a relaxing break after getting married. I won't be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castleknock Hotel, an award winning 4 star hotel is located right on the doorstep of Dublin City, set in lush grounds with an onsite golf course, beside the Phoenix Park. Specialising in corporate stays, conferences, golf breaks, weekend weddings and relaxed family and leisure visits, the hotel is just 15 minutes from Dublin city centre and 20 minutes from Dublin Airport with easy access on the M50, but feels like a world away from the bustle of the city with its tranquil countryside setting. Just outside Castleknock village, this stylish but informal and relaxed hotel is a spacious, modern hotel which, with its expansive views over the golf course and surrounding countryside, makes a delightfully pleasant base for both business and leisure guests. With an 18-hole golf course, award-winning restaurants and welcoming bars, an innovative meeting and events offering, substantial sports screens, outdoor patio and children's playground, there is something for everyone to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castleknock Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castleknock Hotel And Country Club
- Castleknock Hotel Country
- Castleknock Hotel County Dublin