Castleknock Hotel
$170
$156
$123
Cancelon
West County Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
$129
CrownePlaza.com
$133
$115
  • Pool
Aspect Hotel Parkwest(Clondalkin)(Great Value!)
$113
$106
$139
$127
Travelocity
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$128
$116
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
$203
$194
  • Restaurant
1,518 results
All reviewspark restaurantleisure centrephoenix parkspa treatmentsbar foodlovely hotelexecutive roomsteam roomlobby areareception staffdublin cityfollowing morninglovely roomstayed here for one nightweddingeuroireland
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had an excellent stay at the Castleknock. Well located, not too far by cab from the main centre, but in the country a bit so lovely and quiet. Well appointed, fabulous gym, staff very accommodating, and a good breakfast buffet, what more could you ask for? Well done Castleknock! Also a great shopping centre located very close by, so even though out of the city you can get everything you want, also includes a supermarket.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Vicki,

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Castleknock Hotel. The staff and I really enjoy getting such great feedback. We're not sure if you're planning on returning to Ireland in the near future but we hope you might come back and visit us sometime.

Kind regards

Guy Thompson

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I booked this hotel based on the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. The hotel itself is nice, well presented throughout and it looked like it was going to be a lovely stay.

I paid for my wife to have some spa treatments carried out. The spa was nice according to my wife, although, having pre-booked hot stone head and back massage, the girl got it wrong and gave her a leg massage. My wife was too shy to say anything, and presumed that I had booked the wrong treatment.

My email correspondence confirms that i had booked the head and back massage. It was a pity, but we decided not to complain. A little bit unprofessional to get something so wrong, but being typical Irish, we just got on with it.

When I booked in, I did not have an Irish credit card, so I told them to take for anything with my Irish Visa debit card as I go along. This was not a problem.
I was excited to see the room, as I was told I was to get an Executive Room. When I entered, I thought it was a nice room, but was a little disappointed that the TV was just a small set that you get in a standard room, and not the larger screen as described for an Executive Room.
This was only because this trip was to be a relaxing time away and we knew we would spend an hour here and there watching some TV or a movie in bed, since we don't get the chance anymore with a recent new born baby.
It wasn't the end of the world, just a pity.

So, having availed of a 2 night b&b package with one evening meal, we got spruced up and skipped down to have our dinner... This was where it was such a let down. The Park Restaurant has such excellent reviews and a seemingly great reputation. Well, when we ordered the wine, we where asked if we wanted water, so we said OK... we didn't think we would be paying for the water, which showed up on the bill! The wine was €26 alone.

We ordered the Steak which came with a €6 surcharge. I asked for medium well... it was terrible... Burned underneath, and I feel like they just fobbed it off to me since I was on the cheapo deal. My wife's was OK.

Having shared some wine together and once again, not complaining so as not to ruin the atmosphere, I just said the meal was fine. I kick myself for being so polite, because of how things went thereafter... as we left the table, I walked towards the area where you wait to be seated, where the was a girl booking another couple in for their meal... As I walked over, a girl ran over, as if I was trying to get away without paying, to ask if I had paid! I was not picking up her mannerisms wrong... Both my wife and i looked at each other as much to say, "calm down, we're going to pay"... I remained polite, but was a little embarrassed and explained that I was going to the most obvious focal point in the area to settle up... I was asked what room I was at, and singed a receipt. I asked if it could be taken for now as I did NOT have a credit card on file, just a Visa Debit. The girl said that was fine, no problem. So I've paid as far as I'm concerned.

The next morning my wife decided to sleep in a little while I went for Breakfast alone. I was herded to a seat in the middle of everyone, when I wanted to choose where to sit as there were AT LEAST 15 empty tables. Yet again, I kept my mouth shut... I'm not they type to make a fuss (That has got to be obvious after the Spa and the Steak and the panic caused as we left the dinner table)... The breakfast was OK. Not great compared to other hotels, but it was OK.

Now this is where it was getting on my nerves... THREE times I was approached to ask what was my room number... I was beginning to think, do I look like a scumbag???
As I left the table to go back to my room, a receptionist came jogging towards me... She said she had forgotten to take my credit card and I owed some money from the meal last night... I couldn't believe it... I told her that SHE was the girl that booked me in and I explained the whole Visa situation... There was a genuine and definite sense of panic and the 2 girls behind the desk made me feel, once again, that I was somehow trying to get away with not paying!

I had left €100 with the Spa up front, I had left €100 behind the bar and I had paid for bottled water that I was not aware I would be paying for, and wine... Why are the other guests not being hounded like this?, I wondered.

I told the girl that I had paid, and said that I was annoyed with how I was being approached both by them, and the staff in the restaurant and breakfast area. She was a nice girl, and I felt bad for being a little snappy, but c.mon! This is our time away! I can't believe how I was treated... I still had another night to go, IF I do owe money, do I not settle up on that day????????????

So that night, we decided not to go near the bar or restaurant. I was left feeling awkward and we spent the day in the room.

The morning we booked out, the shift manager came out and explained that I had not paid for the wine (and bloody water) and that I had signed the bill, but it was not taken. So I apologised and said take for it now then!... See... I wasn't gonna run away!

All in all, a nice looking hotel, good rooms, food was poor, (I genuinely feel like I was fobbed off with a badly cooked steak since I was not as important because we took the freebie meal) and everything there is quite expensive...

If I had not been hounded like I was, we may have enjoyed our stay... I wouldn't recommend it because of this, but it is a personal experience, and obviously most other guests are treated with the respect they deserve and get the meal cooked well, and the correct treatments they ordered. All i can tell you is that I am not a liar, and as a Salesperson for over 10 years, I know what good customer service is, and I can gauge how we were viewed and treated, and it was not good.

I hope you enjoy if you do go, but we can't get our 2 days back that I had booked for my wife and I to relax and get a break after the birth of our first baby (who was unwell for the first few months)... We really needed this, and I feel like it was spoiled for us, either because of my appearance or because we got a package deal (through another group) that was considerably cheaper than booking directly with the hotel.

All the apologies in the world won't change that, (not that we got one), but I'm guessing the reply by management will rhyme off the usual "high standards" and "apologies if you felt that way", and "I'll pass on to the spa" and "feel free to contact to discuss further" etc etc etc...

No, your staff should have ensured we felt special on this much needed break and we should have got the treatments ordered and the food cooked as well as most other guests claim theirs were... Too many niggles that I was kind enough to keep my mouth shut about and get on with it, and we went home feeling like we should have went to Slieve Russell Hotel where we went when my wife was pregnant, and we felt like we were treated really well (eventhough we got a special offer deal for their too!!!)...

Three stars are because the Hotel is nice, and we could have potentially had a lovely time.
We deserved better Castleknock Hotel and Country Club. Shame on you for spoiling a break that we, and especially my wife, really really needed.

1  Thank Aaron_C
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Myself and my fiancee stayed here for 2 nights a few weeks ago. While the hotel is impressive and the setting is lovely we felt let down by the service. On the first night we couldn't get to sleep with the noise from the function room & the smoke alarm going off several times!
We complained the next morning and were told our bags would be moved to an alternative room, when we returned that evening we contacted the desk & they were unaware of the situation.
We eventualy got moved to another room which was much quieter.
Also when a waiter was bringing us our drinks at one stage in the reception he dropped the tray and spilled the driks over us! It felt somewhat like faulty towers....
The spa & swimming pool were of good quality.
The buffet breakfast was very nice but the evening meal left a lot to be desired.

2  Thank Cullig
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Cullig,

I was extremely disappointed to read your comments in relation to your recent stay with us. I do apologise for the noise from the fire alarm during your stay, unfortunately this was an isolated incident and is not a regular occurrence in the hotel however I do apologise that this happened during your stay. Since reading your review I have investigated the incident regarding the room move and I do apologise for the mis-communication which occurred with the reception team.

I do you hope you may consider us in the future, in the meantime many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great value! Very nicely appointed, clean, large and comfortable rooms. Only complaint is that you need to be 6ft plus to be able to use the clothes hangers as the clothes rain is very high off the floor. Great bathroom with excellent water pressure in the shower stall. Toilet water supply was slightly inadequate. As another reviewer noted, the mood lightening is inadequate when you wish to read in bed. Good desk to work from. Excellent free Internet connectivity. Interestingly, I have to specifically ask for the Internet password, it was not provided to me at check-in. The hotel is off the beaten track along typical winding Irish local roads. You really need your own car to get to and from it. Directions provided by the hotel both online and at the desk are somewhat incorrect as they have no been updated in some time or arrive in the daytime if this is your first visit to this location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear alkonost45,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback in relation to the height of the wardrobes and the lighting in the bedroom. I do apologise that the code was not made available to you upon check-in, we will also review the directions on the internet and update them immediately.
Again many thanks for your balanced feedback which is vitally important to our continuous improvement. I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just back from another lovely weekend in Castleknock. Had a problem with our room when we arrived and the Receptionist moved us immediately,we even had the keys brought to us for the new room. Breakfast is plentiful with a range of options and staff are always keen to please. A very enjoyable weekend. For any shoppers out there we took a drive to the Kildare Outlet village (about 45 minutes away) it was lovely and plenty of bargains to be had,well worth a visit

Dear etc63,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Castleknock Hotel. I would like to apologise for the problem with your room and that you had to move but I was delighted to read that our reception team were able to solve the problem effectively and efficiently.

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review and I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.