“excellent”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Travel lodge was situated in a nice and calm area.Service was fantastic specially room size and toilet facilities were excellent.Very clean place with nice resturant only drop of the hotel was wi fi 5 Euros were too much for 1 night,Internet speed was good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Muhammad786 F,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

When returning to us, please contact me directly and I will make sure to offer you the best deal possible.

Looking forward to see you in the near future,

Travelodge Phoenix Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Visited this Travelodge a few years ago and it has changed, they are upgrading gradually and still offer the best price in Dublin in its class. Free parking if you have a car. Great location if you don't main bus routes into the city stop right outside. Castleknock village is a short walk up Auburn Avenue, there is Myos Pub and a few restaurants, Italian, Chinese. There are many services on hand. Best rate if you book online.
It's a busy hotel, caters to a mixed clientele of groups, families, business and people passing through to airport as Dublin airport is a short taxi ride.
I had read some of the less positive comments here before booking however can honestly say that if you have a problem with anything you just inform them and they fix it. The manager is available daily and as you can see here does follow up on guest comments and suggestions. The reception staff are multi lingual, efficient and friendly and always ready to help.
There is a restaurant on site that opens for breakfast, lunch and dinner and provides takeout service for rooms during opening hours. The food choice is good, tasty and very affordable.The service delivered by a team of angels is genuinely friendly, kind, professional and efficient. There's a Cheers like atmosphere, they remember your name and greet you like family. I have eaten in many restaurants in various countries and you know when you come across a rare pearl.
Thank you Fidelma, Joyce, Anne and there were others whose names I didn't catch but I remember your service and thank you too.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Noel C,

I thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and your kind words regarding our staff. I have passed them on to them and they are delighted.
As you mention on your review we are working hard at refurbishing our rooms and aim to have most of it completed by year end. As pretty much every other Hotel we do not get it right all the time but as you mentioned, please do let us know and we will go out of our way to have a swift solution for whatever the issue is.

We would be very happy to see you back and please do get in touch with me and I will ensure we will provide you with the best deal available at the time.

Looking forward to meet you,

West Sussex
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Good location to Dublin Airport and Dublin City, both were easy to access. Plenty of parking. Staff very friendly and pleasant. Room clean and tidy. would certainly use this location again and also recommend to a friend.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Kevin E
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Kevin E,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your kind comments with the staff and they are delighted,

Should you return to Dublin in the near future it will be our pleasure to have you stay with us. Please contact me on +353 1 820 26 26 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie and I will make sure you get the best deal available.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed in a family room. Room 82 on Saturday 24th May. When we entered the room the curtains were pulled closed (it was a lovely bright evening) in pulling them open I found torn net blinds. The windows were open wide and the handle from the left window was left laying on the window sill. The right side window also wouldnt close tight. I couldn't get the handle reattached so I called reception. Julianna came to the room and tried to fix it. She opened the right hand side window, leaned out and pushed the left window till. She then said it was fixed and left the room. After she left the handle fell off again as it was only left sitting on. And I was able to push the window open again as it was only pushed closed. Not locked. I went to reception this time to inform julieanna the window was still broken. She hadn't fixed it. I asked for a new room as we were on a first floor room with a 5 year old child. This room was not suitable for a child. Julianna told me she couldnt get in touch with the manager on the phone but she would have the manager come to my room and see what could be done. A few minutes later julianna appeared at my room door with another woman dressed in a different uniform and stated that this lady would fix my window. (I assumed this lady was a manager or supervisor as julieanna told me she would bring them to my room. This lady tried again to fix the window. I asked to be moved rooms again as I wasn't happy. She told me they were fully booked even though at least 3 rooms on our floor were still unoccupied and not all people booked for these rooms had children. This lady then managed to shut the window tight, and said it was fixed and sorted. I said I still wasn't happy as now we wouldn't be able yo have any fresh air and the room was stuffy. This lady raised her voice and in a horrible tone told me 'don't open the window! Don't touch the window! And stormed out of my room with a terrible attitude ! I wasn't happy but we had to leave to go to a concert and it would be bedtime when we got back. The following morning as we were leaving our room, the same lady with the bad attitude was making beds and cleaning ! At reception I asked jullianna who the lady she brought to my room was, her name and what her role was. She confirmed her name as Alena and was indeed a cleaner and not the manager like was made out ! Not a great image when staff lie to their customers. I was fuming. I was at the hotel from 1pm sat - 12 pm sun and apparently no manager or supervisor or anyone in charge was available !! What kind of service is that? No one with any authority there all weekend? And to And thinking its acceptable to let a family with a small child stay in a first floor room with a broken window and sofa directly under it is awful! Not one apology and lots of stinking attitude! The way that Alena spoke to me was unacceptable! I wonder if the manager was ever aware of my complaints. I also had to i form julianna that our shower was also broken and hard to turn with the missing buttons !!! Also on the Saturday we went into the diner attached to the hotel and waited ONE HOUR for 2 plates of chips and some pancakes ! But on a lighter note there was lovely staff in the diner. Pity the same can't be said for the hotel staff! Will certainly not reccommend this hotel to anyone ! Almost ruined our experience of Dublin ! I will upload photos of broken windows and shower !

• Stayed May 2014
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear ciarajd1985,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review out Hotel and I regret to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I do apologize for the issue with the window and as you mentioned I believe that another room should have been made available to you. I was at the Hotel all of Saturday and my Deputy was here all of Saturday and Sunday. I believe that must have been some miscomunication and I believe that not all that could have been done was done to resolve the issues you encountered. I would like to assure you that our staff will be retrained in order to ensure that this situation does not take place again and also the issues you encountered with the room are now resolved.

When you wish to return to Dublin please get in touch with me and I will ensure that you get the best offer available and we will show that what you experienced is not the norm. Should you wish to contact me my number is +353 1 820 26 26 or you can contact me via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie.

Looking forward top hear from you,

Travelodge Phoenix Park

Travelers are raving about these Castleknock hotels

Ripley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel is very cheap and only a short bus ride from the city centre. Our room for the stay 63 was in need of work,especially the bathroom,no cover on the vent and full of thick dust,dirty marks on flooring near to bath,buttons needed to alter shower settings missing,flooring screwed to wall and also coming away from bath. On arrival only 1 milk in room but 3 guests,I know you only have to ask,but you shouldn't have to,that's why they ask how many guests are staying when you book.

Room Tip: Ok just for a base for your stay,no air con,noisy from other guests........but worth the money.
1 Thank David L
Dear David L,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and I would like to assure you that the issues that you mention on your review are being dealt with in a swift manner.

I would like to think that you will stay with us in the near future and I can assure you that you will have a much better standard room. Please contact me on +353 1 820 2626 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie and I will make the necessary arrangements.

Looking forward to meet you in the near future,

Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Myself my husband and two kids stayed here for 2 nights. Found beds clean and comfy, asked for extra pillows which was no problem. There some road noise as the seal on window had perished but it was not a big issue (room 88). My major omplaint would be having only 2 sockets in the room is crazy with 4 people wanting to charge phones, tablets, game console etc.... So if I was staying here again (which I will).. I will be bringing an extension lead!!!!! Also found reception staff helpful with info on buses etc

Dear Peace1974,

When returning to us, please contact me directly and I will make sure to offer you the best deal possible and as for the extension lead you need not to worry, we will provide you one.

Looking forward to see you in the near future,

Travelodge Phoenix Park
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#67 of 151 in Dublin
Louis Fitzgerald Hotel
#1 of 7 in Clondalkin

Been to Travelodge Phoenix Park? Share your experiences!