“Refused to take booking for young family!! 4 children under 4 discriminated against!!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have a young family with 4 children under 4 (4 years, 3 years and 2 x 10 month old twins). The Phoenix Park Travelodge in Dublin refused to take our booking for a family room saying that we would have to book 2 separate rooms. I said that we would be unwilling to have our children sleep in a separate room because they are too young to be on their own in a strange hotel. I also informed them that the twins would sleep in the same bed as us anyway (with the other 2 children sleeping in the other bed). They still refused! I think it's very unreasonable that we can't stay together as a family when all the children are that young and I feel we were discriminated against for having a young family. This is very unacceptable and I will never stay in a Travelodge again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul M
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Paul,

It was a pleasure meeting you last week and look forward to see you soon.

Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones.

Travelodge Phoenix Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have stayed at Travelodge on numerous occasions and you get what you pay for, a clean basic room!

On this occasions I had the most disappointing experience! I booked into the hotel for 2nights, I was in Dublin attending my nephew's Christening. On the day we checked out I realised that I had items stolen from my small rusksack.

My laptop (with all my photo's from my travels for the past 2 and a half years, these can never be replaced) 2 €50 next vouchers bought for me for my birthday, my electric razor and an old mobile phone. I even had loose change which would have been less than €1 on my bed unit taken and was left with 5p sterling.

The room was entered sometime on Sunday 1 December as we attended my nephews christening.
The hotel have locks on the window and there was no forced entry into the room therefore clearly someone entered my room with a key!

This issue is still been dealt with by Garda and hotel management!

• Stayed December 2013
5 Thank paulinireland1985
Dear Paul,

As per our conversation earlier, I hope to see you soon and should you require any further assistance please let me know.

Happy Holidays,

Travelodge Phoenix Park

Travelers are raving about these Castleknock hotels

United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The room was as you would expect, clean tidy, basic but enough for what I needed for one night. It is in an easy place to find off the motorway, taking me 20 mins from the airport. I was also able to jog out of the hotel and into Phoenix park in the sunshine which was great. Will use it again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FuerteBabe
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear FuerteBabe,

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Maybe you can come and stay with us next year for the 10 mile run in the park. Do let us know.

Please contact me directly via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie or via telephone to +353 1 820 26 26 if I can be of further assistance.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days and 3 nights, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much for them. The room and bathroom was very clean, it was cleaned every day and fresh towels were left for us every day. Plenty tea and coffee if you ran out. The diner was very nice, the staff were lovely, food was very good. I would say the prices were very reasonable. A nice big breakfast for 7 euros. The bus stopped right out side and took you the the center of Dublin within 20 mins. I would book into this travelodge again.

Room Tip: Stayed in room at the back of the travelodge, lovely view and very peaceful.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Brenda2013245
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Brenda2013245,

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Should you have any suggestions that can help us improve our product please do get in touch with me.

Should you be in Dublin again in the future please contact me directly via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie or via telephone to +353 1 820 26 26.

ireland
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I arrived after 8pm and asked if I could get water to bring to room. I was told no problem ask at the Diner which was nearby. However the "Diner " staff were not too happy about this and the best they could do was to give me a paper carton of water. Jugs get stolen they said and receptionist must stop sending people to them. Arriving back at reception I explained what had happened. I spotted a vending machine with water. " Sorry its out of order" I was told.
Wi-Fi was an extra €5. Breakfast next morning in the "Diner" was a greasy overcooked plate for which I had paid an extra €7....not worth it.
I stayed in a Travelodge once before and had a bad experience also.....so no improvement then!!
One thing all Travelodge staff have in common...they are all unhappy with where they work

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear summerIreland,

I regret to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Would it be possible that you contact in order to discuss the situation so that I can take appropriate action.
Please contact me directly on +353 1 820 2626 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie

Looking forward to hear from you,

Yours truly,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed with my husband for two nights. Good place to stay. 30 minutes to downtown. Everything in the best order. Great room. Great standard. Good location. Staff very helpful. Despite the fact that the place we were at 2 pm at once got a room key.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anja M,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We do appreciate your kind comments and certainly hope to see you back in the near future.

When you return please contact me directly on +353 1 820 2626 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie and I will make sure you get the best deal we can offer.

Yours truly,

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed for 1 night midweek with 2 friends, what a mistake!! On arrival, the foreign employee was unable to offer even the most basic of welcomes. Even a grunt would have been something!! I'd be hard pressed to find someone who could care less!! The hotel seemed very quiet with only 1 other car in the car park but even though we had pre-booked and paid for our rooms, it still took over 15 minutes to check in?? Our 3 keys were thrown on to the reception desk and we were given no directions to our rooms. On entering my bedroom I was shocked by the room temperature as both windows had been left open and no heating was on in the room. Not good for Ireland in November!! My friends rooms were unfortunately both the same. My bathroom was dirty, the sink was chipped, the floor was marked and the remains of a warning sticker on the bathroom wall was unreadable. The cold water for the shower didn’t work at the same time as the hot water so it was either one extreme or the other. The curtains in the room were ripped, and the rooms were noisy with the traffic passing by. The bed was uncomfortable and had seen better days. The only positive things I can say about this hotel is that I only stayed for one night and I didnt have to experience the breakfast!!

Room Tip: I'd be surprised if there is a good room!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Dom G,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and I regret to learn that we did not meet your expectations.

I would be greatly appreciated if you could contact me via e-mail on mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie or via telephone on +353 1 820 2626 as I would like to learn more about the circumstances in order to take corrective action.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Travelodge Phoenix Park
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#67 of 151 in Dublin
Louis Fitzgerald Hotel
#1 of 7 in Clondalkin

Been to Travelodge Phoenix Park? Share your experiences!