“Descent Place to Stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Larnaca, Cyprus
“Descent Place to Stay”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel was a very good value for money, and I left really satisfied from my stay there!
The room was clean and tidy and we could get clean towels every two days. we did not really expect a lot since it was relatively cheap but overall it was what we were looking for. Moreover it offered facilities to have a coffee and tea which we really enjoyed.
The only disadvantage of the hotel was its location because there was nothing else near the hotel and it was a bit far from Dublin's city center so I would definitely recommend a travlecard if you are staying there, however the bus station was only 2 minutes far! Buses 38, 38a and 39 will take you directly to Conolly Street which is the Center of dublin!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Christos90,

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Should you have any suggestions that can help us improve our product please do get in touch with me.

Should you be in Dublin again in the future please contact me directly via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie or via telephone to +353 1 820 26 26.

Travelodge Phoenix Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hungarian first
Cork
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Have stayed in Travelodge hotels in the UK . So decided to try one in Dublin and was very pleased with our stay. Room was on the ground floor with bath and shower which is what I prefer a choice maybe have a nice soak in the bath or maybe a quick shower.,a nice double bed and a flat screen tv. The room was nice and clean and towels were changed every day .The staff at the reception desk were polite and helpful. The breakfast was different than the UK Travelodges is that were they are usually self service, here the breakfast was cooked to order which was very nice and in the evening you could order food in the dining area. The dining area were you have your breakfast you have to exit the hotel and walk ten or fifteen yards to. We had a nice 4 days here and would recommend it .

Room Tip: Always try to get a room away from the main road as the hum of the traffic may keep you a wake.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pat883,

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Don't understand the bad reviews. Just returned from a 4 night stay. Very good value for money and great location. Dublin itself is very expensive, but cannot fault this hotel. Rooms basic but clean, and all the staff were very helpful. Would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Chris H,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

stayed overnight at the travelodge phoenix park in dublin,ireland.the location was convenient and access from the M50 motorway relatively straight forward.car parking was easy with plenty of spaces.check in took 30 seconds!the hotel didn't appear to have a lift but no big deal.found the room to be simple but clean and quiet for a good night's sleep.bed was comfortable and warm.the bathroom was clean and the mirror did not fog in the centre after showering.morning breakfast in the diner located 'on campus' was good and ladies who worked there were pleasant.check out took 15 seconds:return of key.i wanted to print an e-mail and found the computer in the lobby worked satisfactorily.
all in all a 'value for money' hotel.will surely go back if the need arises.best wishes to all who work there especially to the staff at reception and those in the diner ( on 6th september 2013 ).thank you

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Satish K,

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Your kind comments have been passed on to the staff and they are delighted.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My choice of Travelodge Phoenix Park hotel was based mainly on its proximity to Dublin, as we needed a place to stay for our sightseeing tours. The "hotel" is rather a motel, not very clean, the staff are not local people and some of them are not very friendly, the rooms are big, but worn off, the bathroom was a disaster, the breakfast is OK. I didn't really care much, as we just needed a place to sleep, but the internet service is paid at abysmal rates. The good things about this place is that you get into Dublin in just 10 minutes by bus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KrassenHadjiev,

I am sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations. I would like to assure you that we take cleanliness and customer service very seriously. Would you be so kind to get in touch with me via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie or via telephone to 00353 1 820 2626 as I would like to obtain as much information as possible in order to do a full investigation.

Thanking you for taking the time to review our Hotel and to give us your much necessary feedback,

Looking forward to hear from you,

Glasgow
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed at this Travelodge for 4 nights in August. I paid 214 euros for 4 nights for a family room, which is good value for Dublin. The family room was easily big enough for two people, you could fit three at a squeeze, a family of 4 would feel very cramped. The hotel is geographically isolated, just off the N3 dual carriageway but not near any town or village. There is a diner next door serving greasy food, which we did not particulary like, but it has good opening hours. The Travelodge has vending machines selling soft drinks, chocolate bars, crisps, cigarettes and beer. There is a bus stop nearby but you need to travel a few miles up the road before you see any shops or restaurants, the bus will take you all the way to the city centre.

On the plus side the hotel is cheap, quiet at night, and seemed pretty clean to me; there is plenty of parking right next to the hotel. However the bedrooms can feel warm at night in the summer months; luckily I brought a portable fan, without it sleeping would have been difficult. The carpets and other decor seem very worn and not inspiring. There is a slightly seedy feel to the place, that is not helped by the way that many room locks seem to have been tampered with. I was careful not to leave valuable items in the room, while we were out.

Overall this hotel is relatively cheap by Dublin standards and offers value for money. It is a useful base for sleeping if you are out and about all day. I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic break or for people that might want to spend a lot of time there during the day; that would be a bit depressing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BrianOSuilleabhain
Dear BrianOSuilleabhain,

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I would like to inform you that we have changed our Menu in the Restaurant, hopefully, making it more appealing to all customers.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were looking for a convenient hotel between Dublin Zoo and Tayto Park for a summer outing with three of our grandchildren, Travelodge was the perfect place and great value for money. I made a slight mistake with the booking and found the staff to be just so helpful and nice. The restaurant was perfect for our grandchildren.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear dwyerkev,

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I trust you enjoyed the family visit to Tayto Park and to the Zoo.

Travelodge Phoenix Park
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#67 of 151 in Dublin

Been to Travelodge Phoenix Park? Share your experiences!