Where to begin...
I'm not entirely sure it's hygienic or customer friendly to have a dog living in their office, especially as that's where they store your luggage. What if a guest had an allergy?
On my booking I requested a 'quiet, non-smoking room'. Whilst all the rooms are non-smoking, we were given a room facing directly onto a car park area where people went to smoke! (I think this may have been STAFF! as we were right next to a service entrance, and most guests seem to smoke at the front door). Ah yes, the service entrance, not exactly a quiet location when they receive deliveries every morning. And to make matters worse there were bins right outside our window, which were used very late every night - woke me up every single time! Every night, without fail, there were lone children playing in the hallway with a football, shouting and screaming and the hotel were doing nothing to stop this (I am led to believe by my partner that one of the children may belong to a receptionist)
The room was roasting. I don't just mean a little too hot, I mean sleeping in it was impossible, and I know from past experience that Travelodge don't provide fans (who am I kidding, this one didn't even have an ironing board! - but they did have irons). To make sleeping even harder, the curtain maybe block about 5% of the light from outside, and there was a lamppost directly outside our window.
The rooms do have tea and coffee making facilities, but during the first three days the hotel had no milk available. We were told we could go and get some from the restaurant, but they wanted to charge us 2 euro for it!
So during our 5 night stay we didn't get a single night of even half-way decent sleep, and breakfast wasn't much better. We booked B&B as when you're a 20 minute bus ride from the city, you don't really have a choice. Every morning without fail the breakfast service was poor - from forgetting items we had paid for, to freezing in a blind panic when a guest took ill and collapsed (Thank God there was a medically trained guest or I dread to think what could have happened to the poor man).
And now we get onto Housekeeping... From the moment we checked in to the moment we left, the corridor outside our room stank of damp. It didn't get any better when on day 3 we woke up to a flooded carpet all up the hallway! Luckily the smell didn't affect the room itself, but whoever is in charge of cleanliness in this place needs fired immediately. The mirrors were all dirty, there were ring-marks on the bathroom shelf, dust every where, and limescale in the sink and bath/shower and the toilet seat was broken and off at an angle. On top of that, during our stay our linen was not changed once and the room was never hoovered. Frankly, this is appalling considering we were there 5 nights! (not to mention the amount we sweated in that heat!)
And to end an already disastrous stay, when we went to check out there was no-one at reception, so we just had to dump the key on the desk. Although, I don't know if any resolution could have been provided, but to be honest I want my money back.
Safe to say I will not be staying with Travelodge again.
Before writing this review I asked my partner if he could think of anything positive I could put in it - guess what, not a single thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Travelodge Phoenix Park Hotel is set in its own attractive grounds in leafy Castleknock with Dublin's famous Phoenix Park only a short stroll away. Designed to meet the needs of today's budget conscious guests be it families, corporate guests, contractors, long/short term stay customers. The Travelodge Phoenix Park Hotel in Castleknock cannot be beaten for inexpensive accommodation, special offers and value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Phoenix Park Hotel Castleknock
- Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park Castleknock, County Dublin
- Travel Lodge Dublin
- Dublin Travelodge
- Dublin Travel Lodge