“Just what we needed for a rally in the area”

Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This travelodge was just what we were looking for as we were attending a rally in the area. Clean comfortable rooms on the ground floor and in a quiet location. The rooms and bathrooms were spotlessly clean, clean white towels daily, additional soap and enough tea, coffee and supplies + proper glasses in the bathroom. Excellent staff on reception, ordered us taxis for whenever we wanted and ontime.
An American style diner next door served breakfast all day although the only let down for us was that they did not start until 8o'clock in the morning so too late for us on the Sunday and Monday mornings, staff were excellent, they have several coach tourists stopping here.
Thank you to Mario Casinhas and the team also it was good to meet you this morning as we were leaving. If we are in the area again we will not hesitate to try and stop again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear M8T,

It was indeed a pleasure meeting you and the members of your team. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and we are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay.
As per our conversation I am in the process of solving the issue with the breakfasts and will be back to you soon with a final answer.

Should you require any assistance with your future bookings, please contact me directly on +353 1 820 26 26 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie

Looking forward to see you in the near future,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

There was plenty of room in the car park and the reception staff were very friendly and helpful.
The room was of average size and was tired and needed to be cleaned better.
Whatever time of day it was there always seemed to be people right outside the hotel entrance smoking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul F
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Paul F,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am sorry to hear that our product didn't meet your expectations but I would like to assure you as I have to a previous guest on here that action has been taken and positive change is underway. As you well know this changes take a certain amount of time but we are working hard to have them done sooner than later. I have passed on your kind comments about the staff and they are really grateful.

Should you require any assistance with your future bookings where you will be able to assess our progress, please contact me directly on +353 1 820 26 26 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Travelled as a family 2 adults, a teenager and a child of 13. Must say a big thank you to the staff, they were very helpful and nothing was too much for them. Stayed at Easter with snow on the ground. Ordered wine and chocolates for the room on arrival and as promised they were in there. We stayed for a week and read about Dublin before we arrived so knew where we wanted to go and what to see. Bought a 5 day rambler ticket for Dublin bus, the bus stop is right outside the travelodge, so no problem getting in, buses were every 10 mins. If you take the time to check there is a nice walk at the back along the river, the shopping centre at Blanchard Town is walkable but it was easier to catch the bus. While there sent out for a chinese on just eat, they had no problem delivering it so will do that again. We did not pay for Wifi but found our room had a hotspot in it so had it without paying, it disappeared a couple of time but was on most days, always check for a hotspot before buying Wifi. The restaurant at the side is very good, meals were nice and the child portions are big. We booked two meals online before we arrived.
Beds are nice and firm and rooms are clean.
fantastic stay many Thanks.

Room Tip: We did not pay for Wifi but found our room had a hotspot in it so had it without paying, it disappea...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 26Paul59
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear 26Paul59,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Your comments are much appreciated and have already been passed on to the staff, we are happy to have met your expectations and will be looking forward to see you again in the not so distant future.
When you return to Travelodge Phoenix Park please contact me directly via e-mail at mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie or on +353 1 820 2626 and we will ensure that you will be very well taken care of, yet again.

Thanking you again for your kind words,

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'll confess - I prefer Premier inn. Unfortunately I had to slum it on this occasion. Front desk staff very welcoming and helpful, cannot fault them, but travelodge, as I have said before, your estate is tired, very tired and premier inn are WAAAAYY ahead of you. Attached diner was overpriced and lacking somewhat, although my bacon butty was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike D
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Mike D,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am sorry to hear that our product didn't meet your expectations but I would like to assure you that action has been taken and positive change is underway. I have passed on your kind comments about the staff and they are really grateful.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

clean, friendly staff. Juan on front desk is exceptional - you need it, he will find it - lost luggage from flight, bus into city, help with car rental, restaurant recommendations. would definitely stay here again, just because of him.
He must speak at least 7 languages, as he helped people with these concerns/questions in their language.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank pmacfadzen
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear pmacfadzen,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Your comments are much appreciated and have already been passed on to Juan, who was delighted.

Thanking you again for your kind words,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Payed €35 for a family room, which for Dublin's standards is very reasonable. Free parking and had a restaurant next to it but can't comment on it as we did not use. Rooms clean and basic. Staff friendly. Quiet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank beijarflorx

Dear beijarflorx,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be looking forward to welcome you back.

Should you require any assistance with your future bookings please contact me directly on +353 1 820 26 26 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed over in Dublin last night at the Travelodge Phoenix Park whist the reception area is good the room we had was not. On entering the room we were greeted with a very funny smell. It smelt fusty and like someone had been smoking in it for years. We had a non smoking family room and it was very unpleasent to stay in. When we pulled the curtains there were holes in them. I have only come across a few shabby hotels in my day but this one was bad. Travelodge needs to put new carpets and curtains in these rooms to make the place look better. My advise find another hotel. The professional photos of the rooms in this hotel are not of this hotel. Take a look at the real photos I added here.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jjbrien
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear jjbrien,

I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and would to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I have taken note of the issues you raise in your comment and will address them in a timely fashion.
I would kindly ask you to contact me on 01 820 2626 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie as I would like to obtain some more details on your stay.

Please accept our sincere apologies for not have met your expectations.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Travelodge Phoenix Park

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Castleknock Hotel
#1 of 3 in Castleknock
Ibis Dublin
#5 of 7 in Clondalkin
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#71 of 151 in Dublin

Been to Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park? Share your experiences!