“Average Travelodge - staff very helpfull”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Peterborough
“Average Travelodge - staff very helpfull”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'll confess - I prefer Premier inn. Unfortunately I had to slum it on this occasion. Front desk staff very welcoming and helpful, cannot fault them, but travelodge, as I have said before, your estate is tired, very tired and premier inn are WAAAAYY ahead of you. Attached diner was overpriced and lacking somewhat, although my bacon butty was very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike D
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Mike D,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am sorry to hear that our product didn't meet your expectations but I would like to assure you that action has been taken and positive change is underway. I have passed on your kind comments about the staff and they are really grateful.

Should you require any assistance with your future bookings where you will be able to assess our progress, please contact me directly on +353 1 820 26 26 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie

Travelodge Phoenix Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hungarian first
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

clean, friendly staff. Juan on front desk is exceptional - you need it, he will find it - lost luggage from flight, bus into city, help with car rental, restaurant recommendations. would definitely stay here again, just because of him.
He must speak at least 7 languages, as he helped people with these concerns/questions in their language.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pmacfadzen
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear pmacfadzen,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Your comments are much appreciated and have already been passed on to Juan, who was delighted.
When you return to Travelodge Phoenix Park please contact me directly via e-mail at mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie or on +353 1 820 2626 and we will ensure that you will be very well taken care of, yet again.

Thanking you again for your kind words,

newcastle
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Payed €35 for a family room, which for Dublin's standards is very reasonable. Free parking and had a restaurant next to it but can't comment on it as we did not use. Rooms clean and basic. Staff friendly. Quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank beijarflorx
Dear beijarflorx,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be looking forward to welcome you back.

Should you require any assistance with your future bookings please contact me directly on +353 1 820 26 26 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed over in Dublin last night at the Travelodge Phoenix Park whist the reception area is good the room we had was not. On entering the room we were greeted with a very funny smell. It smelt fusty and like someone had been smoking in it for years. We had a non smoking family room and it was very unpleasent to stay in. When we pulled the curtains there were holes in them. I have only come across a few shabby hotels in my day but this one was bad. Travelodge needs to put new carpets and curtains in these rooms to make the place look better. My advise find another hotel. The professional photos of the rooms in this hotel are not of this hotel. Take a look at the real photos I added here.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jjbrien
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear jjbrien,

I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and would to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I have taken note of the issues you raise in your comment and will address them in a timely fashion.
I would kindly ask you to contact me on 01 820 2626 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie as I would like to obtain some more details on your stay.

Please accept our sincere apologies for not have met your expectations.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Travelodge Phoenix Park

Travelers are raving about these Castleknock hotels

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

clean good value pets welcome comfortable good location food average the diner very clean but detatched from hotel covered by walkway in a very good position for all the places of intrest in dublin centre and all local places of intrest

Room Tip: book online for best deals family room larger try fror rooms at front as car bus park at rear
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Robert A,

Bailieborough, Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed April 27, 2013

stayed there last night it was excellent value for money we booked a family room and it was the same price for any other room which was brilliant the room where spotless and staff in reception where very friendly highly recommend this hotel !!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Sandra P,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be looking forward to welcome you back to the Hotel.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us.

Should you require any assistance with your future bookings please contact me directly on 01 820 26 26 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was staying in this Travelodge for a 3 days business trip; the hotel was chosen because our customer is locates in the same area - so I did not spend too much time/money to go to the customer and to get back to the hotel. The room was well equipped for such class of hotels, pretty large, with a big and comfortable bed. All room equipment was in a proper order and I did not get any problems. One small bit of disappointments - no free internet in the hotel. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alexander S,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We would like to bring to your attention that we provide corporate rates for business people that would require accommodation with us on a regular basis. If this is your situation please contact me on +353 1 820 2626 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie and I will make the necessary arrangements.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Travelodge Phoenix Park
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#67 of 151 in Dublin

Been to Travelodge Phoenix Park? Share your experiences!