“Great staff, great location, great price”

Travelodge Phoenix Park
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Cavan
“Great staff, great location, great price”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here in October 2012. We booked a double room (paid €55.00). When we arrived check in was very fast and the staff at reception were very friendly. Our room was a good size. It was very clean and we had plenty of space. The bathroom was large enough also. We had one problem with the bathroom, there was no water in the hot tap in the bath. I phoned reception and they arranged another room for us straight away. The new room was identical to the 1st and the bath worked fine. The bed is quite soft but it was comfortable, loads of towels and extra duvets & pillows. There was a sofa bed in both rooms but we didn't need to use it.
The location of this hotel is great, it's not far from the city and is very close to Castleknock and Blanchardstown. It is also close to Dublin Airport (maybe about 10min drive). There is a diner located next door to the hotel which serves burgers / chips / sandwiches / breakfast etc. We ate breakfast there the next day and the food was good. The service was also good (remember it is a diner and the food is very 'diner' like).
I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay close to the Airport / Castleknock / Blanchardstown / Phoenix Park. There is lots of free parking and wifi costs €5 in the hotel (I'm not sure how long you get for your €5). If your looking for a luxury hotel, stay somewhere else. This hotel is not luxury but it is functional, reasonably priced, clean and quite. It serves it's purpose well. We will definately be staying here again.

Room Tip: This is a good, clean, functional hotel. The prices are good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Juan P, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel, I am delighted that our team exceeded your expectations and looked well after you. I am looking forward to welcome you back in our Hotel.

Kindest Regards

Juan Pacheco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hungarian first
england
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed here one night in May 2012, we needed somewhere cheap and cheerful (just off the ferry), well at least it was cheap. The room had not been cleaned properly, there were sweets on the floor from the previous occupant, there was no coffee/tea bags/milk etc, we had brought our own so werent bothered by that, but there was only one mug!! It is just off the motorway and is convenient for a quick getaway in the morning but not much else.

Room Tip: ask for a clean one
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Juan P, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear fuschiagirlengland,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, as it is extremely important for us to learn from customer experiences to be able to provide the best service available to our customers.

I am very dissapointed that the room was not to the standards it should have been at the time.

I can assure you that I have addresed this issues with our Housekeeping department and are working towards providing the best posible product on the market at the highest of Standards.
I am personally doing a daily and thorough check after rooms are cleaned to make sure that this issue does not arise again.

In order for us to exceed our customers expectations with a high level of Service its is essential your reviews, thats why again I would like to thank you and assure you next time you come back and visit us, you will have a great experience complemented by a great service provided by our qualified and commited staff members.

Kindest Regards,

Juan Pacheco
General manager

Travelers are raving about these Castleknock hotels

knowsley liverpool
Reviewed September 15, 2012

we would like to say we really and truely enjoyed are stay at the phoenix park travelodge the staff give us a very warm welcome indeed this was are 1st time staying here we all ways stay with friends but now every time we come back to ireland we will stay here we are planing are next holiday all ready may be in november for 2 weeks this time if you are going to use here i would say use the n3 from dublin if your coming from the ferry its only 9 k which is about 5 mile away from dublin so we would like to say thank you very much for are stay from the hodge family from liverpool merseyside

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Caroline P, Hotel Supervisor at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Mark h,

Many thanks for your kind review, I delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope that we see you again soon.

Los Angeles
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Located about 9-10 km's from Dublin City Centre next to Phoenix Park and the M5 motorway. This location is not convenient to ANYTHING, as it is on an 'island" between motorways and to get anywhere takes a bit of a walk. First, though, is the room. Though rated as non-smoking, it reeked of cigarette smoke and a certain funky staleness associated with mold. The room has a couch/foldout bed and a chair (with holes). Carpets are worn and frayed. TV is a small CRT box, maybe 13 inch, no remote control. The bed was a large and felt like I was sleeping in a canoe as it folded in and enveloped my body. Lots of noise from the highway when windows are cracked open, which is necessary to help clear the musty smell. The bathroom was strange...old and mold in the grout. The bathroom floor was soft and spongy like water had rotted the sub-flooring. Towels rough and scratchy and worn thin. WiFi is 5Euro 24 hours and worked well supporting 2 devices. All other items in vending machines were around 4.5 Euros for coke or water and a bottle of beer was 5 Euro. Staff was friendly. I would not recommend this place. I looked in other rooms that were receiving maid service and they looked pretty ratty, too. Travelodge needs to upgrade this place before I would ever again consider staying here. The location is bad, too. On a positive note, the diner next to the hotel was good, I liked the friendly staff and the portions were large.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, but if you must, select something opposite of the motorway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Caroline P, Hotel Supervisor at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear TheMulv,

Many thank's for taking time to write this review. I'm very disappointed to read that you didn't enjoyed your stay with us.
Can I ask you contact me directly to speak about your comments as it's a concern to Travelodge keep our standard of service in high level.

You can contact me directly on e-mail at: caroline.palazzo@travelodge.ie

I await your reply.

Bedford
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I booked this travelodge as i was travelling with my teenage daughter to Ireland for the first time. I was on a tight budget. I then read the reviews on here and then became quite anxious about my intended trip, particularly as i had read it was quite far out of Dublin city, and there could be some traffic noise.

Ciara at the hotel was really helpful and made our stay really comfortable. She couldnt do enough for us. We were placed in a very quiet room. The tv did not work on arrival, but another helpful member of staff rectified this immediately. Ciara recommended we buy a Rambler bus pass to use for the duration of our stay. This was so helpful as it was 23 euros for an adult 5 day pass and 7.30 euros for a child under 16. The bus stop was 5 minutes walk from the travelodge and a pleasant 20 minute bus ride in to Dublin.

The travelodge was clean, tidy and met our needs. My only negative comment was that the diner, which was adjacent to the Travelodge was quite expensive. Other than that we had a good experience. Thank you so much to Ciara and her colleagues for a very pleasant stay. For anyone thinking of booking this hotel who has any worries, if you contact the hotel, they are more than helpful. Overall, this hotel and the location was much better than i expected. Thank you to Ciara and her team. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank JaneyhBedfordshire
Caroline P, Hotel Supervisor at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear JaneyhBedfordshire,

Many thanks for your lovely review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope that we see you again soon.
I have passed your comments to all the staff members in the hotel and specially to Ciara.

Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just what it says on the tin - a TRAVELODGE! Cheap and clean - perfect for a car trip to Dublin. Loads of parking and Blanchardstown (shopping, bowling, cinema and food) is 5 mins away!

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same! Road noise is only an issue if you have the wondows open - and even then...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Caroline P, Hotel Supervisor at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear SteveGas,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review, and thank you for the positive comments.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Dublin.

Kindest Regards
Hotel Supervisor
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Invited a friend from Italy to come visit Ireland for the first time.Her experience when she got there was dreadful.She checked in and told to pay €10 for wifi,got to her room to be told she's to go outside for wifi.when she went outside after payin €110 for herself on her own,she got a cup of tea,went outside only to have her bag with iPhone, purse,credit cards and laptop stolen from her.one man distracted her while another one stole her belongings.hotel staff were no help and told her nothing they could do! She was not in country 2hrs and wanted to go home to Italy.thank god she had us to collect her+take her home with us to the Northside and enjoy her last few hrs as she had the worst experience ever. Would not recommend this Travel Lodge.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear CCew82,

Many thank's for taking time to write this review. I'm very disappointed to read your review.
Can I ask you contact me directly to speak about your comments as it is a concerning to only find out about now.

You can contact me directly on e-mail at: caroline.palazzo@travelodge.ie

I await your reply.

Caroline Palazzo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#67 of 151 in Dublin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,302 reviews
Twelfth Lock Hotel
#3 of 3 in Castleknock

Been to Travelodge Phoenix Park? Share your experiences!