I stayed at the phoenix park traveloge with my wife and 3 teenage kids we booked 2 rooms. This travelodge was recommended by a friend as he said it was a good base in order to explore Dublin.
When we arrived the receptionist delt with our checkin, i asked her if wi-fi was free in public places? She said that i would have to pay for internet access so i showed her the printout that we had when we made our online booking it said that you had to pay for wi-fi access while in your room, but wi-fi was free in public areas. When i showed this to the receptionist she said that it was not this hotels booking form but another company who deals with bookings, so i asked was this false advertising she said it must be! I also asked her for her interpretation of it and she said that from what she read she would also think that free Wi-fi would be provided, i then asked her if she could give me a voucher for 5euro for 24 hours of wi-fi access. She said that she would under the circumstances.
I should say that the receptionist delt with my problem very well.
Anyone reading this might think im making a big issue of this but i say to you when travelling with teenagers wi-fi is a must! And when something says in black an white free wi-fi, then That is what you expect!
Now the room: the issues that we had were was cleanliness of the bathroom/shower area, the shower head had a lot of limescale build up, the plastic chrome shower controls had alot of scaly buildup the cold water control didnt work, the shower was really hot, just the way i like it! But wife and kids wearnt impressed. The Toilet flusher needed a few pulls before it worked.
If the maid service paid just a wee bit more attention to detail & management did the odd spot check to make sure cleaning was being done properly then this travelodge would be great.
Would we stay here again? Of course we would.
This is not the hilton hotel its travelodge, its just a basic place to sleep and recharge your batteries, and the cost is very good. Also it is a great base to start your Dublin adventure.
The diner attached was great, the food was lovely, the staff were very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Travelodge Phoenix Park Hotel is set in its own attractive grounds in leafy Castleknock with Dublin's famous Phoenix Park only a short stroll away. Designed to meet the needs of today's budget conscious guests be it families, corporate guests, contractors, long/short term stay customers. The Travelodge Phoenix Park Hotel in Castleknock cannot be beaten for inexpensive accommodation, special offers and value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Phoenix Park Hotel Castleknock
- Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park Castleknock, County Dublin
- Travel Lodge Dublin
- Dublin Travelodge
- Dublin Travel Lodge