“Xmas Night Out”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dublin
“Xmas Night Out”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Myself and 15 ladies from Phoenix Park Nordic Walking Club had our Xmad night out at The Vue last night.

We were presented with a menu sheet which gave a choice of four starters mains deserts and tea and coffee plus a half bottle of wine for 30 euros.

I had salmon starter, turkey and ham for mains, and apple strudle and ice cream for desert. All delicious and excellent service

The room was beautiful decorated with
candles and small posetta plants on the table and the chairs were dressed with white covers.

There was a musican singing at the far end of the room who catered for all age groups we even got up to dance.

Castleknock, Ireland
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

My neighbour recommended Vue Restaurant to me & I have to say it certainly lived up to our expectations. At €19.50 the restaurant was understandably busy with many very large family groups.
The menu was short but had good choices. We went for the fish cakes / Brie / Caesar salad starters which were delicious. For mains we chose roast beef / breast of chicken / salmon en croute - which were all delicious too. Deserts comprised banoffee / apple pie / chocolate cake, and again we could find nothing to complain about.
It is understandable why this place is so busy as it certainly has got the quality / value perfectly balanced - not to mention the friendly & helpful staff.
We look forward to returning soon.

2 Thank Liza R
Dublin, Ireland
“First class restaurant with excellent views of the Golf course and the Dublin Mountians”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Went there with a few friends for Sunday lunch we were greeted by a friendly waiteress who showed us to our table. We orderded a drink which was very promt in coming, the selestion on the menu was excellent there was a choice of four starters Four main courses and four desserts at a set price of €19,50
which we thought was great value, The food was great and only matched by the service we will be back.

• Visited November 2011
Dublin
“Lovely View, Good Food & Courteous Staff!”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

This lovely restaurant is located in the Castleknock Golf Club House on the 1st floor and offers lovely view of the city lights at night of Dublin city and good food and service. Aptmosphere is white table clothes, candles and tall ceilings against the pine building of the club and many windows overlooking the golf course links. Dress code smart casual to dinner dress etc.

We heard through a friend that The Vue was offering a 4 course dinner with a bottle of wine for €45.00 per couple during the week and €55.00 per couple on Friday & Saturday nights. We booked for a Saturday night at 8.00pm. When we arrived, we were offered a choice of tables as the restaurant was not as yet full. There was a large table with 40th Birthday party balloons all set up waiting its There were several good tables for two at the windows and we chose one of these. The Maitre D wore the golf polo shirt of the club - all other staff were either in traditional white shirt/black trousers or crisp business shirts. Soft tea lights glowed on each table. The Maitre D showed us to our table and soon after a waiter arrived with menues and asked if we wanted a drink first. We decided to try the wine and so viewed the menues. I chose a Goats Cheese Tart for starter while my husband chose Soup of the Day. The waiter offered us either red or white (we chose a Cabernet Sauvignon which arrived shortly after and we were asked if we wanted to try it first. The Cabernet was a Chilian wine, not too light and with good flavour). We also requested some water and this arrived immediately. Both starters arrived piping hot after 15 minutes and were very good. I was really impressed with the size of my tart and the flavours of goats cheese with herbs and slivers of spring onion and tomato was very good. My husband's soup was served with bread and regretfully while I cannot recall it what it was - he was very pleased with it. We noticed the restaurant had begun to fill up very quickly and a happy buzz now permeated around the restaurant. Waiting staff were attentive without being intrusive also. A guitarist near the restaurant doorway began a non intrusive accoustic set which was very nice as background. Our main courses arrived after about 15 minutes and my husband had Steak on the Stone (Fillet is €7.00 supplement/Sirloin has a €5.00 supplement) and I ordered the Braised Lamb Shank. His steak arrived sizzling together with a salade and attractive bed of chips on the side; the waiter asked if he had ever had it before and was very considerate in his telling my husband how to slice the meat and cook it over the stone. He left my husband feeling very comfortable and confident doing so. The lamb was melt in your mouth and was served with sweet potato puree and minted peas. Both mains were generous and very well prepared.
For dessert my husband chose a Chocolate Bisquit tart with vanilla icecream and cream while I had Pecan pie with vanilla icecream. We had tea and coffee and agreed The Vue had lived up to its reputation.
We were particularly impressed that we did not have to wait long between servings, were able to ask any waiting staff nearby if we needed to and received pleasant and professional service throughout the night. I would recommend The Vue for a romantic meal, meal with good friends or a group event - it was warm, professionally friendly and the food was GOOD!

• Visited November 2011