“Great venue”

Wrights Anglers Rest
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Castleknock
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Award winning bar, restaurant & wedding venue in the Strawberry Beds. Live traditional music 7 nights a week.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Really nice venue with an old world charm. Visited on Sunday tea time and there was some live traditional music playing which added to the atmosphere.

The food was excellent. The starter of chicken wings were fairly hot with a tasty zing to them.

We had fish pie & fillet of cod for our mains and both were excellent.

Finally we shared a rhubarb & strawberry trifle with pistachio which was really gorgeous.

Definitely be going back for more.

1  Thank Macabra

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The Anglers rest is a beautiful restaurant to dine in. The food was absolutely first class and well priced. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would definitely be back.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

A group of six of us dined there last weekend: Four meals and two rounds of drink cost €270. If everything was fine you could live with that-it was not. On being seated we asked the head waiter for someone to take a drink order and three times he promised such a person would come but we had to stop one eventually and insist she took the order. For starters, the chicken wings were coated with sauce and tasted very neutral. Starters took 25 minutes to arrive.Again we had to appeal to the head waiter for attention. As regards the main course,I was assured the hake would be substantial, but not so..it came measuring 3 inches by two inches and very little else with it; it was very salty as well. .A 10.001 % service charge was added to the bill- first I heard of it !................Will Give the Angler's Rest a well-deserved rest !!.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stopped off for a bite to eat on another beautiful day. As I was cycling up the hill I noticed a sign that indicated some award back in 2010. Ordered mussels which were very nice. Had a look inside when I paid my bill and about 10 patrons at the most along with perhaps the same amount outside. My main gripe about the establishment was the waiter. He really did not want to be there, brought my Peroni with a coaster underneath which subsequently fell to the floor before putting the drink down. didn't bother to pick it up. As I was watching him, i noticed that he had mastered the art of looking busy whilst doing nothing, well at least on this particular day. Whilst briefly reading the recent reviews obviously a favourite stop and popular establishment with good food. May one day return....

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Came to AR last evening for a meal, which was perfectly prepared and the experience was enhanced by our ability to sit outside and dine in the beer garden. The sun was scorching and the atmosphere was fantastic. Tip-top service and great value for great food. After our meal, we got up to leave at 7pm and bumped into friends by chance... so we ended up staying there til closing time. Yip. Top spot and just around the corner from us, so will keep returning....