“This restaurant is one of the best places I've eaten in.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anglers Rest

Anglers Rest
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Castleknock
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Seafood, European, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“This restaurant is one of the best places I've eaten in.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

The Anglers rest is a beautiful restaurant to dine in. The food was absolutely first class and well priced. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would definitely be back.

• Polish first
Dublin
“Angler's Rest”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

A group of six of us dined there last weekend: Four meals and two rounds of drink cost €270. If everything was fine you could live with that-it was not. On being seated we asked the head waiter for someone to take a drink order and three times he promised such a person would come but we had to stop one eventually and insist she took the order. For starters, the chicken wings were coated with sauce and tasted very neutral. Starters took 25 minutes to arrive.Again we had to appeal to the head waiter for attention. As regards the main course,I was assured the hake would be substantial, but not so..it came measuring 3 inches by two inches and very little else with it; it was very salty as well. .A 10.001 % service charge was added to the bill- first I heard of it !................Will Give the Angler's Rest a well-deserved rest !!.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Ireland
“Food better than the service....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stopped off for a bite to eat on another beautiful day. As I was cycling up the hill I noticed a sign that indicated some award back in 2010. Ordered mussels which were very nice. Had a look inside when I paid my bill and about 10 patrons at the most along with perhaps the same amount outside. My main gripe about the establishment was the waiter. He really did not want to be there, brought my Peroni with a coaster underneath which subsequently fell to the floor before putting the drink down. didn't bother to pick it up. As I was watching him, i noticed that he had mastered the art of looking busy whilst doing nothing, well at least on this particular day. Whilst briefly reading the recent reviews obviously a favourite stop and popular establishment with good food. May one day return....

Dublin, Ireland
“Came here again.... becoming a regular spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Came to AR last evening for a meal, which was perfectly prepared and the experience was enhanced by our ability to sit outside and dine in the beer garden. The sun was scorching and the atmosphere was fantastic. Tip-top service and great value for great food. After our meal, we got up to leave at 7pm and bumped into friends by chance... so we ended up staying there til closing time. Yip. Top spot and just around the corner from us, so will keep returning....

Dublin
“Little things can lead to big disappointments”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Anglers Rest is situated in the beautiful Strawberry Beds with the sound of the River Liffey within earshot and a location of full of shrubs, blooming flowers framing a restaurant full of visual vintage charm and beauty. I have eaten there many times invariably in winter months when its quiet, warm, cozy and the attention to detail and quality of food was commendable.
Tonignt I arranged a family meal to help us celebrate two birthday events in recent weeks and arrived in the blazing sunshine and settled into a table in the beer garden. I enquired having booked in advance was their food service to the Garden tables and was assured there was. There was no one in particular designated to particular tables so there was no continuity of service or follow up. Many of the preferences expressed in ordering our dishes particularly the steaks were ignored and arrived after a long gap between our starters and the main course. We arrived at 7pm and got our main course at 8.20. When I brought my own grievance about the gap between what was ordered and what was presented I just got a shrug of the shoulders and I hope its not because the its the kitchens way or the highway. I had to go in search of other staff members to get garlic butter and a salad that was ordered. The lack of attention to drinks ordered was also a recurring breakdown in communication and the final round of drinks arrived filling a third of the glass as they had run out of ice. There was no attempt to offer desert so I finally just went in and paid my bill and left. The place was packed and clearly under resourced and granted our mistake was in sitting outside which seemed to be on the one hand handsomely solving the commercial nature but in reality was being poorly managed. I have had a great run of good restaurants in recent years to mark special occasions and because of my previous experience I expected the Anglers Rest to meet and possibly exceed expectations particularly with glorious weather adding to the atmosphere however the whole experience went into reverse mode after our starters and spoilt it. Obviously its doing great business in this weather but if that blazé business model is now at the expense of the former passion and quality I had attributed then it won't be getting the repeat business that makes the difference in the quieter months. Attention and involvement with customers and their details leads to success. Give me one person with passion in what they are doing than twenty running about merely interested.

1 Thank MikTheWho