“A magical secret”

Anglers Rest
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Castleknock
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Award winning bar, restaurant & wedding venue in the Strawberry Beds. Live traditional music 7 nights a week.
galway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A magical secret”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend found this place by chance one frosty foggy evening, what a sight! A beautiful wood stove was burning outside and the veranda was dotted with lanterns, so inviting. I absolutely loved the decor inside, secluded window seats and vintage cottage style interior. The place is so comfortable and inviting, staff are on the button- I can't rave about the service enough. The food is superb, an extensive menu to suit all, beautiful fish dishes yet hearty met dishes also. I am delighted that I stumbled upon this tiny peace of heaven, I am in love!!!! Out of this world !

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank starlettraveller

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“I can not praise this place enough”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I booked a table for two for my partner's birthday, it was her first time in Dublin - she had requested seafood. On the phone the Manager was very helpful, assuring me the best table available for my very special occasion. I subsequently changed the time of this booking 3 times having missed my flight! The staff at the Angler's Rest were accommodating on each occasion and seemed as relieved as I was when we finally arrived weary from a five hour drive in a hired car and a ferry journey.

We could not have been looked after better.

The Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc complemented the Chowder and Calamari perfectly.
The Seafood Platter was out of this world. This was the freshest seafood I have tasted, and the tenderest lobster by a mile. If only I had somewhere to put it all!
We declined desserts in favour of Irish coffees, well - you're in Ireland after all.

The service was warm and attentive but laid back at the same time. And as promised, our table was rustic and cosy and the live music set the scene for what truly became an evening to remember.

The Angler's Rest is a good enough reason for us to return to Dublin very soon and I can not recommend it enough :)

• Visited January 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“One of my fav places”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I love it here.
The food is superb, the staff are always lovely and cant do enough to help you.
Whilst its mainly a fish place they have a good selection of meat too.
Its a wee bit pricey but its worth it.
They were great with the kids and serve a flake with the coffee !!!!!

Dublin, Ireland
“Perfect Christmas Eve”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Booked the Anglers Rest for a party of 9 people for a late lunch on Christmas Eve. Bit worried given the mixed reviews here, but that worry was in our case completely unnecessary. When we arrived the setting and atmosphere were just lovely and very festive, lots of candles, lights and an open fire outside.i had booked a table in the upstairs dining room and when we passed through the very busy downstairs dining area I was really glad we were going up. Our waiter was very welcoming and excellent throughout the meal. While sitting upstairs with our menus we were entertained by a lone fiddler playing traditional music downstairs, it was beautiful. We sampled a large part of the menu and the standout dishes were The Calamari starter, The Fish Pie main (deemed to be better even than Fishy Fishy in Kinsale) and the most amazing Bread and Butter pudding ever. The ambiance, the food and the wine were just perfect and we could have happily spent a few more hours there had it not been Christmas Eve and with all that goes with that special night!

Dublin
“Country pub near the city”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a place I frequent for lunch and dinner both on my own for lunch and in company for dinner. It has everything. The country pub feel but so close to the city. This place prides itself on good wholesome fresh food! I always have fish here as it is renowned for their fresh fish! What is most special about this place however is the atmosphere. Whether on a Summer's day or in the heart of Winter this place makes you feel right at home. The smell of the turf gives you a homely warm feeling even if you were not reared on turf fires! Afterwards you can retire in the cozy bar for some traditional music which not intrusive. This place is for the relaxed diner. So just book and let the great staff look after you! I will be back...again and again!