“Coffee & WC”
Review of The Brick Room

The Brick Room
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Balbriggan
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: The Brick Room is a Cafe by day and a Spanish Wine & Tapas Bar by night located on Railway Street in the heart of Balbriggan. The menu features a range of Mediterranean tapas, including fish, vegetarian and meat dishes, alongside a selection of nibbles and hot meals, as well a full range of breakfast options, hot drinks, freshly made smoothies and wine. The Brick Room team promise appetising meals and mouth watering tapas. The culinary traditional aromas from the kitchen will entice all food lovers from far and near. Enjoy the warm ambiance at The Brick Room and the friendly staff who will do their utmost to welcome you into their establishment. This is A BYO restaurant.
Reviewed July 13, 2014

After getting off the train from Dublin, we were looking for a bathroom & a cup of coffee. Nice people and good coffee and teas. Didn't try any food.

1  Thank rhi_no00

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We had booked in for the set , starter , main a dessert menu. On arrival the male waiter was friendly and attentive , you are able to bring your own drink which can save a few euros . We were on a voucher deal but we're not told what parts of the menu we could order from, waiter did tell us eventually when he came back to us and we asked. The starters were poor, very much standard cafe food, not restaurant quality and unfortunately the chicken main that we got was pink and undercooked. I went to the waitress and she did very promptly and politely deal with the issur and offered me any other main. I got the burger thinking it was a safe bet but it was to be honest very bland and the wedges were dry . But on a positive note the desserts were amazing, fantastic Eton mess, the atmosphere was good with an excellent band. Nice experience but the cooked food let it down unfortunately .

AntonioBR14, Owner at The Brick Room, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to write a review Michelle. We work hard to offer good food and friendly service, and I’m sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations. We take very seriously negative feedback. That was one of the first nights since we have decided to reopen for dinner. Since then we have improved the quality of our food and service. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The atmosphere, decoration and food in the brick room is lovely. However the tapas are rather expensive! I got the prawns because the sauce sounded so delicious.. For my disappointment the waitress brought the dish to me with a different sauce with no excuse or explanation, I asked about and got a grumpy look with mumbled "I don't know". However the male waiter was very nice! Oh and do try the carrot cake! It's amazing!!

1  Thank Aino R
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This restaurant only opens late over the weekend. A little gem in the heart of Balbriggan where good restaurants are few and far between. The food is very tasty, with the added bonus of No alcohal licence, you can bring your own! seems to be the done thing, its a while since I've enjoyed a bottle of wine I brought myself to a restaurant without paying 300-400% mark-up on the bottle. Will definately go again. They had two lads playing music when we went on a saturday night, initially I was saying to myself Oh no, but they were very good and added to the athmosphere.

1  Thank padraigboylan666
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here several times and the food is quite good but a little pricey. Just say it's not the place to go for lunch with small children. Friday and Saturday nights were good they did tapas , wine and a young lad singing in the corner.

Overall good for couples , expensive if bringing kids

1  Thank Typicalirishfamily