All reviews train station tayto park free car parking lovely hotel next morning function room bar food short break would highly recommend this hotel reception staff family room dublin airport a lovely stay ardgillan castle bracken court wedding funtasia
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2019

Old world hotel quite classic. The public areas are rich. The restaurant and bar are a bit dated. Same is true for some of the furnishings. The staff are friendly the rooms are large and the furnishings are quite good. The bed in our room had past it’s prime and should be replaced. The bathroom was a good size and adequate. The breakfast was to say the least excellent. Great variety full Irish delicious breakfast. Overall I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel providing good value for money.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
georgieandre, Manager at Bracken Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Dear SkyKing50,

Thank you so much for your review, very much appreciated indeed. It is great to hear that you would recommend us providing value for money, this is very important to us. We do have refurbishment plans in place for some of the items that you have mentioned but, again delighted that all other aspects of your stay were successful, including friendly staff and a great breakfast. I will pass on all this feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2019

Not being from the area this was difficult to get to as far as of where to park. Once we parked we had to go to the second floor. There is no lift, my mom uses a walker, we were going to have to drop here off at the front ( which there was no space as there were two cars parked there) Luckly we found a parking spot on the first floor, we were able to walk around to the front. Check in was ok. Our room was on the third floor at the very end of a hallway. We did have a "family room" but I would think if you saw someone with a walker you would try to get them a closer room to the elevator. We also had some issues with the gulls. There were two seagulls that were very loud out side our window all the time. Our shower also would back up when showering. It wasn't horrible but wasn't amazing!

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear beckymO7641RR,

Thank you so much for your review of the hotel after your recent stay with us. I am so sorry that you found the hotel difficult to find and of course parking, as we are in the main street, it can be a bit daunting when you are looking for spaces, we will observe this for the future. Unfortunately, we do not have all types of rooms close to the lift and as you were here at a rather busy time, sometimes, it is just not possible to allocate perfectly but I can assure that if you inform us on your next stay beforehand, we will do everything we can to accommodate requests. The seagulls I am afraid are part of living in a coastal town but I am sorry if they disturbed your sleep. I do hope that you would return if you are in the area again.

Reviewed March 25, 2019

For a wee Village that sadly, has not got much going for it in this day and age, The Bracken Court Hotel is surely the 'Backbone' of the place. Can't praise ALL of the Staff enough. From the truly warm 'Irish Greeting' when you arrive at reception, the fantastic service from both ALL Bar & Restaurant Staff, and the sterling work of the Housekeeping Staff in keeping the Hotel ~ rooms & all areas so pristine - everyone gives 100 + % in making the guests stay a pleasure. I have NO problem in recommending this Hotel, and would like to take this opportunity in saying a BIG Thank You, for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room tip: Our room was to the front, overlooking main road, not a problem.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Desiree M
georgieandre, Manager at Bracken Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2019

Dear Desiree M,

Thank you very kindly for taking the time to review the hotel. It is only through these channels and others that we can truly monitor and if necessary, alter any standards and procedures that we may have in place.
I am so happy that your stay with us was such a success and that you seemed to have enjoyed every aspect from the welcome, right through to your departure. As always, the team here at the hotel has made an impact on another guest and this is so important to us so thank you for acknowledging them. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 25, 2019

Just back from a 2 night stay at the Bracken Court on a Groupon deal. Was worried about what I was coming to for the weekend as the reviews don't read well on Trip Advisor.

Food - Was lovely. No complaints. Breakfast was great with a very jolly chappy serving you at the hot counter whatever you wanted. Be warned the toasters are a bit slow but just put your bread on whilst waiting for your hot breakfast. Our deal included a 3 course meal and it was lovely.I had the ceasar salad followed by the steak. Both very tasty.

Entertainment - Great entertainment in the bar both Friday and Saturday night. Obviously a very popular spot as the bar was very busy both nights. The bands were excellent on both nights.

Rooms- They were of a great size. Had a table and couple of chairs that you could sit and chill on. Good sized bathroom with separate shower and bath. Loads of hot water. Comfy bed. If you are looking for modern furniture in your room this is not the hotel for you. The furniture is old but still serves the purpose of holding clothes and the room was clean. There was a fridge in the room which is handy for chilling anything you need to.

Staff - They were very friendly throughout the hotel. All very pleasant and helpful. All seemed to be happy in their job and having a bit of craic with the people staying in the hotel.

Car parking - The hotel has an underground car park just beside it which is very convenient and reception will validate the ticket so it does't cost you anything in car parking.

The hotel is well located in the middle of the town. It is within walking distance of the train station (located opposite the Spar shop in the middle of the town). We took the train on Saturday into Connolly Street in Dublin. 10 euro return per person. Trains run frequently. Saved taking the car in.

Overall we had a fantastic stay at the Bracken Court. Would definitely return. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Holiday20190795,

We really do appreciate your review of the hotel after your stay with us so thank you very much. Your review is very well presented and you have given a full picture of your stay which is great. I will pass on all this very positive feedback to our team here at the hotel as they are certainly our biggest asset with their very friendly and accommodating attitude. Thank you for pointing out our great location and accessibility to a great transport network if want to explore Dublin City Centre. I am especially delighted to hear that you would definitely stay with us again and we very much look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed March 21, 2019

I was shocked when I opened the door and saw how big my room was. Not sure of all the rooms are this size or not but mine seemed more like a suite. Check in was very easy and the staff were very friendly and exceeded my expectations for customer service. Food was very good and the bar was a great place to hang out in the evening.

The only negative thing I can say about this place is that things seemed a bit run down. Most of the furniture in my room was old and had many scratches and dings. Beds were not the most comfortable I've slept on and could use replacement. However, the sheets were clean as well as the rest of the room.

I would stay here again in the future.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Talks2cops

Dear Talks2cops,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel after your recent stay with us, it is very much appreciated. our rooms are extremely diverse in nature and some are indeed extremely big, you were probably here on a night when we were full so you struck gold with the bigger room!! The hotel does have plans for bedroom refurbishment in the future so this will address your only negative but delighted to see that everything else was really positive and that you enjoyed it so much. We look forward to seeing you here again at the hotel.