“Great Wedding experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Balbriggan
London, United Kingdom
“Great Wedding experience”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I recently attanded a good friend on mine's wedding at the Bracken Court Hotel. The exterior of the hotel is stunning and the service to match. Althought the interior is a little dated, the high level of attention to detail more than made up for it. The room where we attended the wedding was intimate and nicely decorated. The food was very nice and the drink was not overly priced. Our bedroom was perfecrly adequate, despite being a long distance from reception. The lift could use a little attention/servicing, it stopped on us and we were inside for a good 5 mins before getting out. Also, the breakfast was disappointing at the end of a very noce stay. That being said, if I am in the Balbriggan area again, I will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I negatively reviewed this hotel some time ago but recently had a business meeting there once again, at the behest of a client. At least this time, I wouldn't bear the brunt of embarrassment at choosing the Bracken Court as a venue.

We arrived at the Bracken and entered the bar. Once again the service was not prompt however, we tolerated it. We then took our drinks outside to the smoking area which was not heated and most uncomfortable owing to a gale force wind that howled through the passage way from the main street in the town. Not at all pleasant. Yes there were heaters but obviously these were not switched on likely to save on the cost of making customers comfortable. We had spent quite a bit of money in the Bracken that day and at least deserved some comfort.

The one thing which I found utterly disgusting was the disgraceful conditions in the gents toilet..
The sink counters were dirty and wet, there was a lack of toilet paper in some cubicles and the waste containers were over flowing. One could not dispose of a towel without making contact with god know's what possible contagion. The floor was also in need of cleaning.

I tend to consider that if the toilets are not hygienic and clean, I would have concern for the area's of the hotel which are NOT exposed to the public eye. I felt very uncomfortable in the circumstances and brought this to the attention of a female member of staff who called herself "Linka or Lenka" and representing herself as "The Manager". This appeared to be a complete waste of time as nothing was done in regard to cleaning the gents toilet. I did detect a sense of arrogance and a nonchalant attitude whilst reporting the condition of the toilet to this "Manager". She behaved as if I was some minion that she should dictate to.

Well, I will now most certainly stay away from The Broken Bracken in future. If a client suggests it as a venue, I shall steer them away for the reasons I have described herewith. No more Broken Bracken for me.

Further to this, I have my doubts about the credibility, integrity and source of the glowing reviews I have read about this establishment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tomohawk999
Dublin
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had our wedding in the bracken court on satuday , We are still on a high .

The hotel made our day amazing food was massive my guests are still talking about the standards of the food and service . Rooms omg fab

big huge thanks to helga , patrick , and jean and all the staff

AMAZING HOTEL xx

Room Tip: all rooms are fab
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was as dead as a door nail. Bad location and nothing to do. Wifi did not work and I had important emails to send. Restraunt menu was bad not enough selection lights in the room were also too full I wouldn't rate this hotel as a four star not up to my standards

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Emma M
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here hotel beautiful food was amazing was buying a house in the area.so we stayed for a couple of nights to get a feel for the area really execited,but unfortunally a had an really bad asthma attack and was rushed to hospital stayed there for a week.so only got to stay for one nite.unfortunally when i called them to ask if they would give me another nite as a gud will gesture they told me the it wasnt there fault i took and asthma attack i couldnt believe what i was hearing very dissapoined.as this would have been a local of mine.

• Stayed December 2011
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just back from a little break in bracken court, had a fab time our room was lovely, staff were great! We ate in the restaurant and have to say the food was brilliant my king prawn pil pil was the nicest starter I've had in ages! Stayed in the bar for drinks were going to go else where but the band playing were that good ( Pacino brothers) we decided to stay. Overall our experience was 1st class!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank hayley91184
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 25, 2012

we had our wedding in the Bracken Court Hotel on Halloween. i haven't a single complaint to make.

we bought a wedding package on groupon which was amazing value and in truth the only reason we chose the hotel.

the hotel treated us brilliantly. they were so helpful and friendly with everything. they were accommodating with a number of unusual requests that we had.

Our guests were all raving about the food not just the quality but the quantity. not one person was still hungry after the meal. i am not a lover of wedding food but this was probably the best i have ever had. at the end of the night there were so many sandwiches left over in the buffet as everyone was too full.

everyone loved the breakfast too.

our room was beautiful, really enjoyed our stay. we were really well looked after. can't wait to return on our anniversary.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balbriggan
CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre
Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club
Westcourt Hotel
Westcourt Hotel
#3 of 5 in Drogheda

Been to Bracken Court Hotel? Share your experiences!