“Very clean, friendly staff, quiet”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in La Vergne
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Great location right off I-24, a few minutes south of Nashville. Front desk staff was always friendly, housekeeping staff very helpful and gave us extra decaf. I really like the in-room coffee makers. The breakfast was a bit sparse--I was hoping for yogurt--but coffee, fresh fruit and Danish were fine. There was a waffle maker and a crockpot which might have had grits--I don't eat them so I didn't check. There were a lot of soccer and bowling team people when we were there, and the front desk clerk told us that it might get noisy, but it never did. It was so quiet that we even had our window open a little bit. There are no good restaurants in walking distance, but a big retail strip in Smyrna which is just a few minutes away. The bed was a bit soft but there were plenty of pillows.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We have stayed her a few times on trips to Florida.. We like the location as it gets us thru Nashville on our trip south. The place is clean and comfortable, with a standard motel breakfast, and the price is fair. The staff is friendly and we will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank phillip w
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites LaVergne, TN July 6-7, 2013. We used points for our stay, thereby our total cost was $0.

We were staying overnight on our way home from Nashville. For one night's stay, the hotel worked fine for us. Though the property is old, we could tell that they were putting some money into renovations.

For instance, the hallways and corridors look as if they were freshly redone. The rooms also look as if they've had some retouches. Though the bedspread and blanket in our room had a few cigarette burns in it, they were clean, as well as the room. The TVs were not flat screens, but hey - we were only there one night, so we were not too concerned about it. The bed was quite comfortable, but the pillows were a bit sparse.

The major drawback was the breakfast. I've stayed in a lot of Choice properties as a rewards member, and I can tell you that the breakfast was bare-bones. No scrambled eggs - just hard-boiled eggs. But they did have sausage links, which were tasty! I also liked the waffle iron where you could make up to 4 mini-waffles - it was great to make as many or as few as you could eat (I myself could only eat 2 of the mini-waffles, so less waste). But there was no yogurt or grits, no gravy for the biscuits. There was dry cereal and oatmeal packets. There was also coffee and pastries. But it was nothing special. This is an area in which they need to shore up their offerings to their guests.

Also, there was not coffee available in the evenings, but the front desk lady did give us some extra coffee to take upstairs and make in our room.

The hotel has an indoor pool, which we used. It was nice after having walked around Nashville to just chill in the pool (no outdoor pool, which would have been a bummer except it was raining the whole day we were in town).

All in all, the hotel was great for a one night's stay for free. Not sure if I would pay to stay any longer than one night. Hopefully, the hotel will upgrade their breakfast - if it wasn't for the breakfast, my rating would have been higher.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KayGee62
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just dropped in off I-24 for a one night stay and my expectations weren't high. Great warm front desk greeting right from the start. Very helpful and upbeat even though she was at the end of her shift. The nice thing was the attitude didn't change through front desk shift changes. Also every housekeeping staffer said hello or gave a greeting. Clearly the place has seen some use. The hall and elevator carpets were really beat and breakfast was pretty sparse. More attention to detail was needed with the bedding (rips, spots) but nothing gross. Pool was clean and refreshing. In short, amenities are base line but the customer service made this a great stay for me. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank roxworld
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Looking for a bargain hotel between Murfreesboro and Nashville? You could do worse than the Quality Inn. It's right off Exit 64 on I-24 within about 20 minutes of downtown Nashville and 15 minutes from Murfreesboro. Quality Inns are budget hotels and some of them are dumps. This one isn't. It's a three story property with decent, large rooms, a fitness center, indoor pool, good internet and decent breakfast. I paid $63 a night, a good $20 less than most other options in this category of hotel.

This isn't the Ritz but it is quiet, safe, and a good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank civilwarguy
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I chose this hotel because it's pet friendly...99% of my travels include my dog Molly. I normally stay at 4 and 5 star hotels, usually downtown - however for this trip I wanted to remain closer to where my niece lives in La Vergne.

The room was comfortable and VERY quiet, the bed was a little firm for my taste and if at all possible, bring your own pillows from home.

I don't watch TV when I travel, so not having a modern flat screen was not an issue, but found it odd, hotels still use the big box TV's

Hotel is close to the Interstate 24, there are plenty of restaurants and shopping all within 1.5 miles of the Quality Inn.

Front desk staff was friendly...I'd Stay here again.

Room Tip: Hotel is close to the Interstate 24, there are plenty of restaurants and shopping all within 1.5 mil...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel when it was the super 8 which was a so so hotel, but now that it has changed ownership it has got a lot better. I like that the new owners took the time an money to fix up the hotel. It looks a lot better an so much cleaner than when it was super 8. I spend about 2 or 3 nights a week at this hotel. There have been several times that the owner has come out to help me park my truck on nights that they are busy. The staff is very friendly an always smiling. The owners an staff have went above an beyond at times to make my stay a great one. Thanks quality inn & suites of Laverne/Smyrna.
James Brian Smith.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Smyrna TN - Nashville
Candlewood Suites Smyrna - Nashville
Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna
TownePlace Suites Nashville Smyrna

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!