“Like a new hotel! Great for the money!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Southeast
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in La Vergne
Kingston, Tn
“Like a new hotel! Great for the money!”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I stayed the weekend herewith my daughter stepdaughter and husband. We were looking for a reasonable price but wanted something decent. I was hesitant after reading previous reviews. This place was great! Brand new mattresses, bedding, paint, flat screen TV's-decent breakfast(No meat products but belgian waffles and biscuits and gravy, cereals, milk, juice). Outdoor pool was small but noone else was there and it served the purpose the amount of time we were there. Staff was very friendly. I travel to Disney world alot & usually reside in places like Disney's Polynesian and Disney's beachclub Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge, etc., and I must say that I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel anytime.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
comfortinnlavergne1, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Southeast, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LaVergne – Southeast for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you consider it, in your words, great. That is always nice to hear.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very uch appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• Staff members received our commendation for the courteous, friendly manner in which they treated you, our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Comfort Inn LaVergne – Southeast. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Illinois
Reviewed November 17, 2009

6 Family members including myself were traveling to my brothers funeral in Georgia and stopped for the night in a Comfort Inn in La Vergne Tennessee (2 rooms). I woke up the next morning to a bloody sheet just to discover bed bugs in the bed. When I called the front desk, the person on the phone giggled when I mentioned my complaint. The manager did confirm the bed bugs but only gave me credit for one room. And now I have been told that the infestation could have went with me in my luggage or purse etc. I am very upset and concerned and will not stay at any hotel that is affiliated with Comfort Inn.

• Stayed November 2009
ComfortInnLaVergne, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Southeast, responded to this review, December 14, 2009
We were shocked and horrified when this guest reported bed bugs. Nobody wanted this. And, we acted promptly. The guest was refunded the cost of her room; she was personally satisfied that only one room was infested. Both affected beds were destroyed. EcoLab, our contracted pest control company, treated the room as well as the section of the hotel. EcoLab cleared the room and Comfort Inn of further problems. Even so, the room has not been rented, since. The guest was contacted within 24 hours of check out to further assure her that the problem had been resolved (which she said was her only concern.) Additionally, we sent a letter of apology, and we later (at her request) emailed a list of treatments for the pests. EcoLab and other pest control sources informed us (and we past on) that the bugs could be eliminated, at all stages, by freezing or heating to 130 degrees. Items like luggage may be sealed in plastic with boric acid for one week, so they die from ingestion. Bites, we were assured, would respond to cortisone cream and, if necessary, antihistamine. Though treatment is inexpensive, we asked the guest to keep us advised of her progress. All this was done prior to her TripAdvisor report, and we have not heard anything else from her. Clean, convenient, affordable rooms are our priority, and it's our firm commitment to never have another episode like this. We hope that she will forgive us and that others will accept this as an exception to an otherwise remarkable fifteen years. Thank you for your kind consideration.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 23, 2005

We reserved 8 rooms for two nights at this hotel. It was close to the lake that we were going to be fishing, so far so good. We were told that we would have all the rooms together on the ground floor, as we had reserved them weeks in advance. NOT! We were all over the hotel, both sides, front to back. Parking was very tight for boats and trucks, but we managed. There were no outside recepiticals to plug extention cords to charge boat batteries, so we had to run them from the door in the room. Then the guest mgr., that I wont name his name, told us to either put a rug or duct tape over our cords because of a tripping hazard (I agree, but again. no outside plugins) We did not have either, he said he would bring us some tape....he did not.
The next day, my room got cleaned, and my personal bed sheet got taken, by accident I'm sure. But when I called, guess who I got...the same guy, who tried to argue with me about my sheet. Against his better judgement, he brought me another sheet, then proceeded to jump me about the extention cords not being covered again, saying he did not tell us he would bring tape, this was 9:00 at night. They took a credit card and our check, then at the end of the stay they couldnt release the card, and were also told that we had a no show and would be charged for a extra night, we didnt have a no show, everyone showed up!
The other people working there were as nice as could be, and the room were clean and supplied. So it wasn't a complete disaster. For a place to stay the night I guess its not bad, but for fishermen it bites.

• Stayed October 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LaVergne – Southeast for your recent stay in our area. I hope that your fishing trip was a wonderful one.

• Desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which he is to treat you, our valued guest.

• Staff members received our commendation for the courteous, friendly manner in which they treated you, our valued guest.

• Management was approached about the non-existent no show for which you were charged.

• Owner and management were approached about the possibility of adding outside plug ins.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Comfort Inn LaVergne – Southeast. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Elk Grove village, IL
Reviewed August 8, 2005

We arrived at the Comfort Inn and found the lobby nice. When we went in our room (which was by the pool as requested), the non-smoking room smelled like smoke. We went to close the door and noticed a large gap in the door. I was afraid that bugs or mice could get in the room. Their was actually light coming in from the door. The room was hot- the air conditioning hadn't been turned on. The bathroom had cracked tile, a toilet that didn't flush easily, and mildew on ceiling and shower curtain. The ceiling light had bugs (or something) in it. The carpeting looked dirty too so I slept with my socks on. The only thing good about this place was the pool. It had 5 types of mismatched chairs, but after a long drive, we decided to swim anyways and make the best of our last day of vacation. I will write to Comfort Inn about this.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank LynnetteB
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LaVergne – Southeast for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you enjoyed the pool.

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Maintenance was informed of the following problems and instructed to see to their repair.
1. Bugs or something in the overhead light.
2. Large gap in the door.
3. Cracked tiles and a problem flushing in the bathroom.

We take our reviews seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Comfort Inn LaVergne – Southeast.

I think you will be greatly pleased.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Vergne
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Antioch
Sleep Inn & Suites Smyrna

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Southeast? Share your experiences!