“HOMELY.”
Review of Oakdale Farmhouse

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glenties
Oakdale Farmhouse
Ranked #6 of 8 Glenties B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Not knowing what to expect i booked three nights at Oakdale because its pet friendly.
It has been a farm type bungalow in its hey day.
I was ushered into a down stairs en suite room with a tv. although tv in Donegal seems limited in most places,with just Rte stations. My dog soon got used to the place and as there were no other guests had the run of the house and yards. Paddy and Theresa go used to her quickly and built a bond with her. Breakfast was filling and the later the better for Theresa,though she will accomodate any time. The places is central between Ardara and Glenties. The beach at Port Noo is 10 miles away. Killybeggs about 15 i think.
I really enjoyed my stay and their friendship also.
Give them your business i urge you.
They are well past retiring age but love to see people I believe.
Paddy is a character and Theresa has a hearty laugh at most things.
I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for down stairs room if you have leg problems.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank frankm654
There are newer reviews for Oakdale Farmhouse
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I spent three nights at Oakdale Farm House and thouroughly enjoyed my stay there. Teresa and Paddy are very welcoming and friendly. They are communicative people and laugh a lot !
They welcomed me with a cup of tea and piece of cake and spent some time talking with me.

I had a lovely, very clean, en-suite bedroom with wifi access- which allowed me to share pictures with family and friends every night.
I enjoyed the full Irish breakfast with home-baked bread.

They gave me advice about what to see and do around.

The place is quiet, yet lively with Teresa's laughs.

It is a few minutes drive from Glenties (nice main street with postoffice, newsagents, pharmacy, banks, gift shop ...and even an organic food shop. It is quite small but has everything one needs when on holidays !)

The price for a single bedroom was the cheapest I had this summer so this really was excellent value for money.

I hope to come back soon !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Catherine C
Reviewed October 30, 2008

We really enjoyed our stay at 'Oakdale Farmhouse'.
Its a taste of real Ireland! The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was superb!(Kept us going all day!!)
Terea's brown bread was amazing and the whole experience was unforgetable.
It's a great place to spend a few nights and tour around the area as its between Glenties and Ardara and close to beaches and lots of other activities.
We also took a day trip to Slieve League , highest sea cliffs in Europe definately worth a look.
Also we really appreciated the WIFI internet , not everywhere we went had it's a great addition.
The tea and coffee making facilities in the bedroom was a nice touch and welcome after a long day of sight seeing.
All in all I would highly recommend Oakdale farmhouse as a place to stay and a place to remember when you are in Donegal.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank lov2fly