This is a great place to stay. The room I was in was 'rustic' and one of the beds was under the beams but it was large with a good view of the ruin and water. The bathroom was small, but adequate, with modern fittings and luxury complimentary toiletries. The restaurant is fabulous, because of its situation - huge windows overlooking the bay - service and, of course, the food.
Even though the hotel only has ten rooms the restaurant is quite extensive and was full when I visited on a Friday evening. Breakfast was another treat, cooked to order and artfully arranged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury family owned boutique bed & breakfast with magnificent sea views over looking the ruins of Mc Swynes Castle an the Slieve League cliffs the highest in Europe. Amazing breakfast using local sourced ingredients, homemade preserves, breads, cakes and granola. As well as our cooked breakfasts like our in-house smoked mackerel with scrambled egg or the farm to fork full Irish. Relax with a drink in our honesty bar and enjoy the sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Murray House Hotel And Restaurant
- Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant Dunkineely, Ireland - County Donegal