We stayed here for two nights and it was excellent. It is situated out on St. John's point which means you have limited eating options and need a car to get there and around.
The food is the key dinner is a 5 course menu that has plenty of choice and we enjoyed both evenings. In addition they have a couple of speciality dishes.
I could have sat all day taking in the view from both our room and foyer sitting area. Our room was a little on the small side but this is because it is an old building that has been beautifully restored. I will come back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury family owned boutique bed & breakfast with magnificent sea views over looking the ruins of Mc Swynes Castle an the Slieve League cliffs the highest in Europe. Amazing breakfast using local sourced ingredients, homemade preserves, breads, cakes and granola. As well as our cooked breakfasts like our in-house smoked mackerel with scrambled egg or the farm to fork full Irish. Relax with a drink in our honesty bar and enjoy the sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Murray House Hotel And Restaurant
- Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant Dunkineely, Ireland - County Donegal