Bunbeg House
$112
Nesbitt Arms Hotel(Ardara)
$123
Orbitz.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsb bfishing boatssmall barrooms are spaciousbreakfast roombase to explorenice roomgreat breakfastcouple of daysstaff were very friendlylocal areaharbouraccommodationdatescoast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was part of the group of 13 bikers from Yorkshire, fortunately I arrived after the main group so i missed all of the booking in problems, my opinion is, it's an ideal location if you like peace and quiet, it's a comfortable accommodation but the lack of visible staff either means they were over trustworthy or we were a burden to them. When we booked we did only book B & B and I'm pleased they couldn't help with evening mean as the service at breakfast wasn't what you would expect. Spoke to the owner he seemed a nice chap but he didn't put himself out. We asked for the heating to be turned on to dry the biking clothes, it wasn't.

Trying for positives for you, trustworthy, comfortable rooms that's as much as I can get.

Room Tip: If you stay in Bunbeg book at taxi to the local pub, good food and atmosphere.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mitch250990
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We arrived on a rainy Sunday afternoon,a group of 13 bikers from Yorkshire. On arrival it felt like we weren’t expected as the owner and his wife stood at the bottom of the stairs with a handful of keys whilst we waited to be advised which rooms we were allocated. My room didn’t have a key and I had to wait a further 20 minutes before I could take off my wet waterproofs and unpack my luggage before I was given the “one and only” master key for my room. Once the key had been sorted I asked the owner if the restraunt was open that evening and if they could seat all 13 of us together. He told me yes they served bar snacks, and should go down and see later. When we all met in the bar later, we were told we could have crisps and nuts or toasties and the only drinks were in bottles as they didn’t switch the pumps (or the heating) on until later in the season. We promptly booked a taxi to a nearby pub and had a brilliant night there.
At breakfast we were “sarcastically” thanked for all coming down together (we hadn’t it was just that the owner couldn’t cope and everyone was sat waiting for tea and coffee) they ran out of orange juice and glasses. It was only the young lady that served us that managed to get us the right food.
This hotel has big rooms, a lovely quiet location with ample parking, but unfortunately the lack of an “irish welcome” lets it down.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you are looking for 5-star, glossy tables, superficial warmth from staff doing only their duty, coupled with impersonal service, then this is not the place for you. But, if real relaxation, a slower pace of life, and quality down time, are on your agenda, then Bunbeg House is definitely the place for you!

What makes this place unique is the attentiveness of the proprietors Andy and Jean and how they look after you and advise on everything from island hopping and sea fishing to walking and cycle tours and gourmet evenings (all provided nearby).

The fact that the B&B is located in a beautiful harbour inlet fed by a river which eventually meets the sea, makes for a unique experience of peace and tranquility. Within 5-10 mins walking distance there are many opportunities to sample the local cuisine of this beautiful area, whilst later escaping back to the tranquility of Bunbeg House which, in the peak of summer, has its own privately run bar to relax in as the sun goes down over the boats and the harbour. An excellent breakfast in the most relaxing of atmospheres is assured each morning.

The silence is wonderful whilst the conversations can be mighty.

Having stayed there many times and planning to go back soon, I would definitely recommend Bunbeg House.

Lyle

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2013

As it was a bank holiday the last Monday in may i booked a few days to Bunbeg house.We arrived at lunchtime and were greeted by the owner Andy who was really welcoming.He showed us to our room which was basic but it was spotless.We had a lovely view off the harbour.There is a bar here but as it was early in the season it was not opened.It is only a 10 minute walk into the town.The breakfast was excellent,we helped ourselves to cereal and juice and our order was taken and it was no time at all we were tucking into a lovely fry,with tea and coffee and toast.We would reccomend the Bunbeg house as a relaxing away from it all break.Andy and his wife Jean are are always there to help.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Myself and two friends stayed at Bunbeg house this past weekend, 24th & 25th May, the rooms were clean and cosy the house is a little dated furniture wise but very welcoming and friendly like home away from home, our hosts were probably the highlight of our stay, they simply couldn't do enough for us and as we were traveling with dogs, they were very welcoming of them too. not many places allow pets so this was a real bonus as this was part of the reason for our trip to go walking with the dogs. Breakfast was good but It was a little disappointing that the bar was not open this far into the season, but i know they were about to decorate in there so we missed it by one week, all in all the whole trip was very good value for money and I will be back, Thanks Andy & Jean

Room Tip: Request a front room for the view, but it doesn't really matter as you'll not spend too much time in it. weather permitting
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends