The famous Jacksons Hotel of Ballybofey, I don't think so, I don't know who rated this a 4 star but there idea of quality must come pretty low?
The older original part of the hotel is quite nice like the foyer,the dining area and the bar area but that's where it ends.
I certainly would'nt say the staff are overly friendly or attentive apart from Jeet the barman who was very good, the ladies serving breakfast were not interested in serving with a smile and were not very helpful in explaining what hot breakfast was available and even when they did serve the usual "Irish Breakfast" it was on a plate so small the food was falling off the sides before you could even eat it, when I asked for scrambled eggs it had to made to order apparently ?? this was then plonked down quite rudely by lady who seemed to have forgotten all sense of polite customer service.
The decor throughout the older part of the hotel is quite dated and is a hotch-potch of old bits and new bits all stuck together, our shower had bits of chipped dirty grouted old tiles, tap not working, stains on the carpets, doors scuffed etc, etc.
The new rooms in the new build of the hotel are smart and new but don't take the room unless it's overlooking the scenic river area because the view on the otherside is a hideous mixture of dirty carparks and scruffy old outbuidings and the walk through many doors and corridors to get to the main dining/bar area is long walk...Would I stay in Jacksons again....NO !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bustling town of Ballybofey, Jacksons Hotel is an award-winning Hotel on the banks of the River Finn and Drumboe Woods. Renowned for its hospitality and great food, Jacksons is the ideal base for touring Donegal and the North West of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jackson's Hotel Conference and Leisure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacksons Hotel Ballybofey
- Jackson's Hotel Conference And Leisure Ballybofey, Ireland - County Donegal