I stayed here for 3 nights as a member of a bridal party, when I checked in with the bride we were not greeted in a very friendly way even when she stated she was getting married in the hotel the day after. We went to the room which was lovely, only the pillows on the bed were as hard as rocks to lie on and the shower was freezing cold. The flower-girl (who was only 3 years old) and the bride had to resort to taking a cold shower the night before the wedding because even when I called down to reception to report this problem I was told it would be sorted within 30 minutes which we didn't mind waiting, only it was never resolved and this was a result of it - disgraceful. This was also the same for the Saturday morning also.
We ordered breakfast to be delivered to our room for all of the bridal party when hair and makeup was going on. The breakfast came and to be quite frank was luke warm, as well as the portions of toast being hard as a brick. :(
The wedding itself was lovely, but only mainly to the hard work of the bride herself, I felt everything was rushed from beginning to end during the meal which was lovely thankfully. The band was ordered to stop playing at 1pm which was fine due to not disturbing other hotel guests. The next day however we were staying for a so called after party of the wedding - most certainly not what you would call an after party, so had no choice but to head to our rooms early. We had to go to bed with the disturbance of the wedding band playing that night which got to play until 3am in the morning despite numerous complaints from ourselves and other guests staying there, we could hear every word to the songs played as well as our rooms vibrating with the bass - absolute joke.
When my fiance went to pay our bill for the room the receptionist was rude and unfriendly and could do with some training in customer service - she didn't even make eye contact with him.
I would also like to add that if you plan on having your wedding here don't bet on being spoiled by the hotel staff as its your wedding, the bride and groom didn't even receive a bottle of champagne in their bridal suite despite the cost they were out on the wedding itself,.
On a positive note I will add some of the waiting staff were pleasant and helpful especially Ciara the manager in the bistro, she was a wee gem and couldn't do enough for you - thank you Ciara :) and a lovely young fella who waited at our wedding and 'after party' I wish I could remember his name.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bustling town of Ballybofey, Jacksons Hotel is an award-winning Hotel on the banks of the River Finn and Drumboe Woods. Renowned for its hospitality and great food, Jacksons is the ideal base for touring Donegal and the North West of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jackson's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacksons Hotel Ballybofey
- Jackson's Hotel Ballybofey, Ireland - County Donegal