“Fantastic”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ballybofey
Maghera, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

What can I say, what a fantastic hotel. We arrived on Sunday and stayed in room 520. Room was amazing, beautiful views overlooking the river. Reception staff were lovely and very attentive at check in. Food was brilliant, very quick service and lovely staff. Breakfast was very good as well and staff were always very helpful. Bar music on the Sunday night was great, brilliant atmosphere, After reading so many mixed reviews I was a little concerned, but can honestly say I had no need to be. We really enjoyed our break and will most certainly be returning.

Room Tip: We stayed in the newer end of the hotel in room 520, level 5. Very peaceful, with stunning views. Ro...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacksons H, Manager at Jackson's Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Such a delight to read your wonderful review of Jacksons Hotel and thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your room, the views, our staff, food and live music and that previous reviews didn’t deter you from staying with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon,

Jennie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2014

A group of 8 women descended upon the hotel for a girls weekend, We booked it through one of the deals/voucher sites. The staff were very nice and nothing was too much for them. Our rooms were in the newer side of the hotel and were the deluxe rooms. I was in room 414 which was stunning. The room was large, bright and had beautiful views of the river. The bathroom was also large with a Jacuzzi bath. The hotel recommend booking spa treatments few weeks in advance but unfortunately I left it too late to book a treatment. The food was lovely and the staff had no problem when we took over the reception area after the bar music finished and had a sing song for another few hours. I had a wonderful weekend and cannot wait for the next "deal" to come up so I can return again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of Jacksons Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am absolutely delighted that you all had a wonderful weekend stay with us. Room 414 is one of my personal favourites, the views are just stunning.

Hopefully we will be welcoming you all back to Jacksons again very soon.

Warrenpoint, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2014

took my husband for his birthday we were put into room 168 it was late and we just wanted to settle the bed was tilted, squeeky you could feel the springs there was a ramp to the bathroom but there was no warning for it and the sink was sliding back from the worktop.there was a continuios dronning sound coming from a fan or something that was underneath Rooms can be old fashioned but they should have comfort. The next morning I was going to ask to change the room but overheard the reception saying on the phone that they were booked up so next day I rang down to reception to see if I could be upgrade to the suite across from us or to another room she said the suite was booked and she would see but nothing was done. The food was nothing to write home about either it was in the bistro which was quite dark I had stay there years ago and you were in the restaraunt which was bright and airy there was only one waitress for the brekfast and she was under pressure having to see to customers and clean up but on thursday morning they were tripping over each other

1 Thank celafarm
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Jacksons Hotel on Trip Advisor and I sincerely apologise for any issues that you experienced during your stay with us. I have informed our maintenance team of the issues with your room and they have tightened the sink, changed the mattress and will be placing a sign informing guests of the ramp.

It would be our upmost pleasure to welcome you back to Jacksons Hotel again and I would personally like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our deluxe rooms with river views, please contact me directly when you wish to return marketing@jacksons-hotel.ie

donegal
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I think we stayed in 238. Booked a double room for me and my bf for a saturday night this month.. Room was horrible, old TV, wires hanging from the bedside lights. The room was cold. Dated decor, ceiling and walls were all different levels. The breakfast was ok.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am extremely disappointed to read your review of Jacksons Hotel and I do apologise if you didn’t fully enjoy your stay in one of our standard rooms. These rooms are decorated with a traditional theme to reflect the character of the original side of the hotel. They are all unique in size and decor, adding to the charm of our establishment. Our maintenance team work extremely hard managing all of our 138 guest bedrooms, I have informed them of your issues and they will endeavour to rectify them immediately.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jacksons Hotel again in the future and I would recommend for you to upgrade to one of our deluxe rooms for your next stay with us, which I am certain that you will enjoy.

Jennie

Travelers are raving about these Ballybofey hotels

Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We arrived on a Friday with a deal, it was my birthday and had asked the receptionist to put us in the new part of the hotel but we were sent to a dark dismal room with very little lighting, it was in need of renovation and the bed was dreadful, clean but the mattress was so old. I went to reception and the girl was very obliging and friendly and sent us to the new part of the hotel, it is a long walk but worth it to us as we got a lovely room with a nice mattress newly done up and a view of the river. The shower was clean and modern. The spa was included in the deal but I personally think its a waste as they gave 25 euro and I had to put 40 euro to it and the girl was lovely but she was exhausted as they seem very under pressure. The meal was lovely and the restaurant surroundings were very nice. Breakfast was okay, the first morning they were serving hundreds of guests with one small cooking facility. The next morning they changed to another bigger room and it was more organised. My husband used the swimming pool and it was fine. I have to say I have never stayed in a friendlier hotel and the staff were second to none.

1 Thank Cath088
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review Jacksons Hotel on Trip Advisor. It is absolutely wonderful for our staff to receive such fantastic praise, they will certainly be delighted by your kind comments. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our deluxe rooms with river views and garden restaurant overlooking our beautiful walled garden. The spa voucher included in the deal is for €25 off treatments over 60minutes as outlined in the term & conditions, I apologise if you felt this was a waste.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jacksons Hotel again very soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Spent a weekend at Jackson's with a voucher deal. Had a very warm welcome at reception, unfortunately our room was less warm. It was a bit like a hospital ward with three double beds but it was the temperature we noticed most. After enquiring at reception we were told the heating would be cranked up. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant with very efficient service. Unfortunately our room turned out to be directly over the bar and it was after 2.30a.m. before it was quiet. Next morning we asked if we could be moved and we were treated very courteously by the receptionist and given a new room which was great. It was obviously one of the better rooms with a huge super king bed and a massage chair. I had pre-booked a spa treatment to take advantage of the discount and it was very relaxing. The therapist was very friendly. Our meal in the evening was also very good although there was a wait for the main course. The restaurant was very busy and I heard some diners complaining but there were plenty of staff, and the restaurant manager never stopped trying to keep things running smoothly. It wasn't a problem for us as we enjoyed just relaxing over dinner. We spent a little while in the bar after enjoying the music, as our new room was lovely and peaceful. Breakfast on Sunday was very busy and was transferred to the function room..again the staff were very attentive and never stopped serving tea and coffee. There was plenty of food while we were there although it took three goes to get colour on the toast! All in all it was a very good value weekend, and we would go back.. All our issues were very competently dealt with and nothing seemed too much trouble.

Room Tip: Worth paying for room in quieter side of hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacksons H, Manager at Jackson's Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to review Jacksons Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am absolutely delighted that you had a great weekend stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you raised any issues with a member of our reception team who dealt with them accordingly, allowing you have an enjoyable weekend with us.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jacksons Hotel again in the near future.

limavady
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife ( who had just an operation) and I had a short post Christmas break on the 3rd.January and had a superb break .Barry the owner spent a lot of time out with the guests seeing everything was well (and it was )We must say how kind the young girl in reception was in getting us a beautiful room looking onto the river.

Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to read your fantastic review of Jacksons Hotel and thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you had a superb stay with us and that you enjoyed our beautiful rooms overlooking the River Finn. Barry and our reception staff will be thrilled with your kind comments and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jacksons Hotel again very soon.

Jennie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballybofey
Villa Rose Hotel
#6 of 12 in Letterkenny
Harvey's Point
Harvey's Point
#1 of 7 in Donegal Town

Been to Jackson's Hotel? Share your experiences!