We arrived on a Friday with a deal, it was my birthday and had asked the receptionist to put us in the new part of the hotel but we were sent to a dark dismal room with very little lighting, it was in need of renovation and the bed was dreadful, clean but the mattress was so old. I went to reception and the girl was very obliging and friendly and sent us to the new part of the hotel, it is a long walk but worth it to us as we got a lovely room with a nice mattress newly done up and a view of the river. The shower was clean and modern. The spa was included in the deal but I personally think its a waste as they gave 25 euro and I had to put 40 euro to it and the girl was lovely but she was exhausted as they seem very under pressure. The meal was lovely and the restaurant surroundings were very nice. Breakfast was okay, the first morning they were serving hundreds of guests with one small cooking facility. The next morning they changed to another bigger room and it was more organised. My husband used the swimming pool and it was fine. I have to say I have never stayed in a friendlier hotel and the staff were second to none.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bustling town of Ballybofey, Jacksons Hotel is an award-winning Hotel on the banks of the River Finn and Drumboe Woods. Renowned for its hospitality and great food, Jacksons is the ideal base for touring Donegal and the North West of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jackson's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacksons Hotel Ballybofey
- Jackson's Hotel Ballybofey, Ireland - County Donegal