Im a Chef/Catering Tutor by profession and all I can say that I was shocked beyond belief by what I saw when Dining in Jacksons Hotel one Sunday afternoon. During the meal (which was awful (table not set properly, soup lukewarm, staff unhelpful and a general felling of a 'couldn't care less' attitude), I needed to visit the 'Ladies' , so proceeded to walk through a connecting corridor, onto which the back entrance to one of the kitchens can be seen..and to my horror I saw a dog eating from a slop bucket standing by a 'Chef's' side in the kitchen. I really couldn't believe my eyes. I always always underline the importance of following the H.A.C.C.P system to my students and following it to the latter. Why oh why is that procedure obviously NOT being followed or indeed put in place in this particulat hotel???. To me there really is no point in having 'grandeur' when the basic procedures are NOT in place...!!! Do they not realise that Environmental Health Officers have the right to enter premises at any given time? Or in their wisdom do they think they are above that?. I certainly will NEVER enter those premises again. I value my health..!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bustling town of Ballybofey, Jacksons Hotel is an award-winning Hotel on the banks of the River Finn and Drumboe Woods. Renowned for its hospitality and great food, Jacksons is the ideal base for touring Donegal and the North West of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Jackson's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacksons Hotel Ballybofey
- Jackson's Hotel Ballybofey, Ireland - County Donegal