So much potential, but poor management.
During our stay the bar area was full but only 1 member of staff was on (who did a very good job but was clearly feeling stressed). They were getting maintenance done on the bar floor and we could not talk to each other due to the hotel deciding to use power tools during lunch time.
Food was average at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
We had booked in for a late check out to enjoy a lie in with coffee and tv- no channels were working and we were interrupted on 2 separate occasions by different members of house keeping who just walked into our room without knocking as there were obviously not made aware of our late check out. They were also doing maintenance work on the roof above our room so our indulgent lie in was out of the question anyway!
There was no hot water for a shower on our check out day and when I challenged reception about this, I was met with 'you should have called'! An entirely redundant response as we were leaving that day.
Great location with beautiful views from rooms 413 to 420 (uninterrupted view of river). I think we caught them on a very bad weekend so you should take this review with a pinch of salt. However, if I need to stay in Ballybofey again, I'll be staying in the Villa Rose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bustling town of Ballybofey, Jacksons Hotel is an award-winning Hotel on the banks of the River Finn and Drumboe Woods. Renowned for its hospitality and great food, Jacksons is the ideal base for touring Donegal and the North West of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Jackson's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacksons Hotel Ballybofey
- Jackson's Hotel Ballybofey, Ireland - County Donegal