“Brillant! Line Dancing Weekend In Fantastic Surroundings!”
Review of Jackson's Hotel

Jackson's Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ballybofey
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have been asked to write this review on behalf of my parents Jean and Robert who recently stayed for three nights in the Jackson Hotel. So here goes.......................
Welcome - Friendly, attentive reception staff. Well Done
Room - Spotless, comfy surroundings, great nights sleep.
Food - Excellent, quality and very generous portions, breakfast is worth waking up for.
Staff - Very friendly, open, approachable, with owners interaction on a daily basis something you don't always see these days.

Special mention to the House keeping staff who do a fantastic job !

Well worth a revisit...... hope next time they take me. So if you want comfort, good food, pleasant surroundings the Jackson Hotel is the place to visit.!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,518)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Booked to stay 19th and 20th October, On arrival was offered a double room when I had specifically asked for a twin room, got that sorted, went to our room, heating didn,t work, room was cold, rang down to reception and was told someone would come to the room, 2 hours when I returned to the room still no heat and lights didn,t work.Went down to reception to complain again and someone was sent to the room to check it out. Was told the radiator was air locked it could not be fixed until the next day. Chris in reception was very helpfull he offered to move us but because of the late hour we decided to wait until the next day in the hope the problem would be repaired.
At 1 a.m we were awakened by 3 men in the corridor knocking loudly on a door looking for the young lady inside, they continued shouting and knocking until in the end i had to get up and go out to them, they left but came back shortly afterwards when i had to ring security to complain, this went on all night. The final straw was at 5a.m when again someone looking for the young lady knocked persistently on our door.
At reception in the morning we demanded a change of room,
On the up side this is a beautiful hotel, the food in the Bistro is excellent and nothing is to much trouble to the staff, who are all very friendly and helpful.
If i was to stay again, I would ask for a room at the back of the hotel which is quieter and has a lovely view over the river, also i would be asking if there was a wedding reception NOT to be given a room anywhere near any of the guests

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bids M
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

A large hotel which looked like it had expanded with the Celtic Tiger but now feels rather soulless Found the Bistro rather shabby and the service very slow although quality of food reasonable Lovely view overlooking river

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 17, 2012

So, Jackson's Hotel. I have to say I had a really nice time. As usual the "fault-finders" and moaners could find things to pick holes in, but really I couldn't complain. Our room was very comfortable and modern, perhaps maybe too warm (if that is a fault!!), and a lovely view over the river. All the staff are friendly and welcoming.
Food wise the breakfast has a good selection of fresh breads and cereals and the usual suspects of an Irish breakfast, eggs, sausage, bacon and both black and white pudding (no potato or soda bread to make it a proper Ulster fry though :-p).
We ate in the Bistro on our second evening and it was great value. Really good food, served in good time and good portions. There was some sort of mix-up on the Saturday evening which saw the evening's entertainment, a local 2-piece, start at 8.30, fine, but they were only booked for a 2 hour set, so at half ten the place pretty much emptied!! I didn't mind as after the feed at dinner, I was ready for a rest!
I'd have no problem in recommending the Jackson Hotel for a short break, although, please, let up on the Michael Jackson CD, not everyone is a fan you know!!

Room Tip: Rooms in teh new part are quite a hike away
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here with my husband have to say from we arrived untill we left it was first class the room was really nice stayed in new part the food was so tasty and the staff in the bistro were really nice and helpful nothing was a bother for them the black haired girl from lifford i think couldnt do enough for us she is a credit to the hoel always smiling and was so friendly will be back again really soon

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have just returned from spending the weekend at Jackson's. I had booked it as a special treat for my boyfriend's birthday. We arrived on Friday evening and checked in. As we were walking to our room, the receptionist ran after us and said there had been a mix up with the room number we were given so we returned to the desk and were given a different room. This room was in the new part of the hotel and was really nice! Couldn't fault it in any way - it was spacious and contained a double bed and 2 singles. We had just started to unpack when three ladies walked through the door!!!! They had been given the same room as us!! I rang reception and was told to 'just send those other people back to reception'. We told the ladies we didn't mind moving as they were part of a larger party and wanted to be in three adjacent rooms so we packed up our stuff and made our way to reception. When we got there, the ladies were in the process of being offered a suite by way of apology for their inconvenience - we were offered nothing! Thankfully the ladies were lovely and offered us their suite. Given than this was a special occasion we were more than happy to have been upgraded. However, when we arrived at the suite nothing in it worked! The massage chair was broken in half, there was a large burn on the carpet in the shape of an iron and the jacuzzi had an out of order sign. By this time we were so tired and hungry we went downstairs for dinner. Whilst handing in the keys of the first room I mentioned that nothing in the suite worked and the receptionist offered to move us again. By the time we got to our fourth room we were so exhausted it could have been a tent and we would have been happy. Thankfully this room was lovely (apart from the fact the TV only had one channel but we managed to figure out how to reprogramme it!). Although the reception staff were helpful and tried their best to accommodate us the mishap was theirs to begin with. It would have been a nice gesture to even offer us a complimentary meal in the restaurant whilst they were sorting things out.
Our final room was a corner room and had a lovely view of the river. I did spend the first night paranoid that someone was going to walk in on us again though and was a little sceptial about the cleanliness of the room.
This is generally quite a nice hotel and the food in the restaurant and the breakfast were good. The staff were quite helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room overlooking the river.
2  Thank weenic
Moya C, Marketing and Sales Executive at Jackson's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay at Jackson’s Hotel. We appreciate all feedback, and intend to use it to improve the quality of service we provide to our guests.

I’m sorry to hear about the difficulties you had on arrival, I have investigated this issue, and it was due to a problem with the system on the day you arrived, and I apologise that there was a delay in arriving to your room. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our views of the Finn River, and that our staff were helpful and were able to rectify your problem. We are fortunate to have a great team at the hotel that aim to go beyond the duties to ensure guests enjoy their stay. I hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable for yourself and your boyfriend and that you made use of our leisure facilities, and have some fond memories of your stay at Jackson’s Hotel.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I will ensure that all comments are taken on board and that the necessary action is taken to remediate these issues. If you would like to visit Jackson’s Hotel in the future, I will ensure you both are looked after.

Kind regards,

Moya

Reviewed October 1, 2012

2nd time staying at hotel...and have to say, like the first time,have no complaints whatsoever...found staff at reception and waiting staff to be very pleasant...food was lovely..and the room was lovely...stayed in new part of the hotel.....the only complaint i have, i was only staying for 1 night!!

Room Tip: ask to stay in the new part of hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Moya C, Marketing and Sales Executive at Jackson's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your kinds words about your experience at Jackson's Hotel. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope we can welcome you back again soon. I appreciate that you have taken time out to write this review, and I again thank you for this as all feedback is vital in improving our service.

Kind Regards,

Moya

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballybofey
Villa Rose Hotel
Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa
Mount Errigal Hotel
Mount Errigal Hotel
#6 of 12 in Letterkenny

Been to Jackson's Hotel? Share your experiences!