Went here for a couple of weekdays on a special offer we got, didn't exactly get the rooms for nothing mind. We liked the reception/foyer area, staff were fine. Problems were that we weren't asked for a smoking or non smoking room. When we got to our room there was the WORST smell of smoke we have ever got from a room. We immediatly asked to be switched, This my partner was told was to an upgrade room in the "new" part of the hotel that we would normally have to pay for. The "upgrade" was the furthest possible from reception meaning a big big trek to get in and out of the hotel(becasue of the layout with a new section added). Getting the super smokey room and then being put at the back of the hotel meant us feel very under-valued as customers. There didn't seem to be too many people staying at the time so didn't see why we had to be shunted so far from reception. Unfortunatly the "new" part of the hotel seem to be having some paint work done meaning there was a strong smell of paint around the area of our room. Was a lot better than the smokey room though. For a new part of the hotel the grouting on the shower in our room needed a good cleaning, was orange at the bottom. The radiators in our room were off and no instuctions were left as you would normally have explaining all the little bits like ironing service, internet access, how2 use your heating. Luckily it was standard radiators that have been around for years, for a "new" part of the hotel the radiators wern't a very modern type, kept us warm though. Breakfast was fine, not a great deal of selection in terms of fruits etc. The second morning they had ran out of crispies or cornflakes(can't remember which, just remember that I couldn't do my usual mixing the two together which I like to do). So so overall really. Service would be a 4 except for the thing about the "upgrade".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bustling town of Ballybofey, Jacksons Hotel is an award-winning Hotel on the banks of the River Finn and Drumboe Woods. Renowned for its hospitality and great food, Jacksons is the ideal base for touring Donegal and the North West of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jackson's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacksons Hotel Ballybofey
- Jackson's Hotel Ballybofey, Ireland - County Donegal