“When are we going back?”
Review of Villa Rose Hotel

Villa Rose Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ballybofey
Newtownards, United Kingdom
“When are we going back?”
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Stayed here recently for a relaxing weekend break. Booked online and was contacted by email and phone about the "Christmas" party to see if we wished to attend. Decided not to go because we wanted a quiet weekend but impressed by how they went out of their way to check what we would prefer to do. Also very little noise from such a large function. As I had also ordered a session in the thermal spa I was contacted by email by the staff there to arrange times and other treatments - all my queries were answered promptly. We had a room in the new part of the hotel which was very spacious - especially the bathroom. We ate in the hotel restaurant for breakfast and both evenings - big portions and lots of choice. I don't think I've ever refused a dessert when out for dinner but the main course I had was so filling I couldn't attempt it. The thermal spa was lovely and the facial I had was so relaxing I was nearly asleep.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed January 24, 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Villa Rose last weekend and can't recommend it highly enough. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the room was clean and bright. The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and efficient. We ended up going to some sort of late Christmas Party which was being held on Saturday night. We had five courses and the food was delicious and served promptly. They even had baked alaska for dessert which you don't often see on the dessert menu. The entertainment was excellent and we enjoyed some dancing and then finished up by having a drink in the warm cosy front bar. Can't wait to go back. I think next time i will come along with some friends and have a girly pampering weekend in the spa!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Meath
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I spent the second weekend in November in Villa Rose for my hen party with 15 girls. We arrived on the friday night and I have to say that the entire weekend from friday to sunday was perfect. I had been dealing with Leona via email to organise certain areas in relation to the spa treatments for all the girls and entertainment in the town for the weekend. When we arrived each girl received a envelope filled with the itinery for the weekend fo the spa, dinner in the hotel and disco. They even had personalised the itinery with a photo of me!!
The spa was soo relaxing with all the hens fully relaxed and recharged for the night ahead after massages and facials. The group had dinner on the saturday night in the hotel and the food was delicious! Every detail in the itinery was perfect with complimentary champagne supplied in one of the bars in the town for all the hens. Another added bonus was 2 more bottles of complimentary champagne was beought to us in jacksons disco!!
I cant thank Leona enough for all her help and I will be most definently going back to Villa rose for another spa weekend soon!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank EGalligan
donegal
Reviewed December 1, 2010

stayed here in april welcomed by very friendly reception staff,beautiful reception area,had a voucher for large amount of money so upgraded to honeymoon suite which was beautiful,used the spa and had some treatments which we both enjoyed, the staff were very professional,informative about the products and offering advice,went to the restaurant that night which was warm,friendly and well staffed,the food was very good and the menu was i thought kinda american themed,ribs,chicken and steaks,we enjoyed every thing about our stay at this hotel and would def reccommend it to our friends.staff training is high on this family owned hotel for definite and it shows,keep doin what you are all doing great professional team

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Northern Ireland
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Booked the September special, dinner, B&B & spa treatment for me & hubby. From we checked in, the service was excellent. Our room was in the old part-they told us this when we booked it, but it was lovely. Very spacious and clean. The V-Spa is excellent, loved the sauna & the jacuzzi was massive. We ate in the restaurant that evening - food & service were really good. Could not fault this hotel at all, cant wait to go back :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Northern Ireland
Reviewed October 29, 2010

My boyfriend booked us in here for my birthday weekend! THis was both are first times at this hotel and it was amazing would love to go every weekend! On the saturday night we ate in the Hotels own restuarant and it was very very good food the portions are huge very good value for money! The next morning we went down for breakfast just before it was over and there wasnt much hot food left but one of the very kind waitress went are got us again a huge selection of bacon eggs ect anything we wanted! very helpful! We then had one of the best days ever at villa Rose spa it was amazing! worth a we treat now and again! Cant say anything bad about this hotel!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HelsBels-23
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed September 21, 2010

stay in this hotel on a regular basis, some excellent friendly staff. Nice quiet rooms with large bathrooms, flat screen tv etc. Good base for travelling in North west. Breakfast is good but find evening meals very bland.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank westrep
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballybofey
Jackson's Hotel
Clanree Hotel
Clanree Hotel
#4 of 12 in Letterkenny
Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny

Been to Villa Rose Hotel? Share your experiences!