“Food was so tasty,beautiful!”
Review of Villa Rose Hotel

Villa Rose Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ballybofey
newry
“Food was so tasty,beautiful!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights,warm and comfortable.The staff were so attentive.Anything we asked for or needed they provided it straight away.It was a christian group we stayed at hotel with and the whole experience was unforgettable,so good.Rooms were warm,beds comfortable and food excellent.Would definetly go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Northern Ireland
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Me & my partner bought a 2 night stay including breakfast & thermal spa which is to die for,a very laid back & relaxing atmosphere,extremely warm and welcoming,staff can't do enough felt like a VIP.The food is excellent all round,also and good for all ages.

Room Tip: We were in 274 at the end of the hall room was excellent
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here with my fiance approx two months ago and availed of dinner, spa treatments and breakfast the following morning!

The staff are so friendly, the food is gorgeous and the spa is to die for! It was such a romantic weekend and we even met some o the Donegal team in the bar!

I can't wait to book another weekend back down soon :)

A must visit hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went for a romantic weekend, we were placed in one of the older rooms at the front of the hotel. The radiator in the room was scalding hot and the heat in the room was suffocating ( this was Feb). Leaving the windows open made little difference and the noise of pub goers and traffic on the Main Street made sleep impossible. Two phone calls were made to reception, with fruitless promises of 'I'll get someone to look at it' on the first phone call and a shirty attitude on the second. We got absolutely no sleep, we tried to cover the radiator with towels but it made no difference! We did stay here before and had a good experience that time but we won't be giving it a third go.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new part of the hotel. Quieter and temperature controlled.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Grumpiestcat
VillaRoseHotel, Owner at Villa Rose Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your second visit to our hotel. With it being such a cold February we had the heating timed to come on to ensure a warm and comfortable welcome for you the guest. We did not envisage that it would be too warm, the dial on the individual radiator in your room must have been turned up full, however these can be turned up or down accordingly to suit your requirements.

I apologise for the fact that you received a less than helpful response when you informed our receptionist – this should not have been the case.

I hope that you will accept my apology and will decide to stay again in future since you enjoyed your first visit. We value your custom and would not like to lose you as a loyal guest.

Kind Regards
Tommy Gallen
Proprietor
Ireland
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here recently with my sister. We availed of the bridal package in connection with McElhinneys.
Not sure if this is the norm in this hotel but the receptionist on the day informed us what room we were in & that was it?? I had to ask where we would eat breakfast & how to get to the room.
We figured out where the restaurant was when we read the folder in our room.
When we arrived we were a little early so she informed us that we would go to the bar for a drink which was out the front of the hotel. We didn't want to walk up the lane so refrained (she didn't inform us that we could get there via the link on the 1st floor). Very bizarre check in altogether...

Anyway..
The spa was lovely although a little cold when walking around. The shower after the Razul was scalding hot. There was no option to turn it down so that was a little uncomfortable.
We both had a facial & massage. The facial products were apparently "all natural" ingredients. But that evening we both had a reaction with redness & some burning feeling on our cheeks & around our eyes. The cleansing pads used to remove the products during the facial we're quite harsh.

As for the massage. Hmmmm... The therapist explained to me that it was a Swedish massage (I am qualified in Swedish massage & did my training with ITEC in 2008). The massage started on my back with a strange combination of effleurage & all I can explain as GRABBING my upper trapezius muscles which pinched REALLY bad. The massage on the front of the leg went straight over my kneecaps which is a no no. There were a few weird wringing movements which weren't consistent & also not carried out properly. The scalp massage was AWFUL. It was very rough. I wonder if the therapists are actually trained properly in massage or if it was a weekend course type of job?? The room to get tea/coffee was horrendous. It killed the spa feel as it was freezing cold & the lighting killed the ambience.

The restaurant was AMAZING. The lady serving that night & in the morning for breakfast was so lovely. The food exceeded our expectations. I had a really interesting beef nacho starter which was absolutely gorgeous. Lamb for main course which came with tonnes of veg & the mint cheesecake which I have to say I have neve had a mint cheesecake but it was divine.
Breakfast was also delicious. With an assortment of pastries & hot breakfasts available. The tea was great aswell :-)

Our room was spotless. Having just been washed out before we arrived. The bathroom was clean & modern. The bed was really comfortable & very big.

Would I return? Yes for the hotel side of things but not to the spa..

Room Tip: Make sure to turn the heater off in your room if you don't like a hot room as it gets very very...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
VillaRoseHotel, Manager at Villa Rose Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you were happy with most aspects of your stay including the standard of the bedroom & bathroom as well as the food and service in the restaurant.

I can assure you it is not the norm for our receptionist to only inform guests of their room number and that alone on check-in. Even during the busiest periods on reception with a full check-in our reception staff strive to give guests as much information as possible with regard to meal times, directions to the bedrooms and evening entertainment. It is never our policy to direct guests outside to access our "Wee Bar" which faces on to the main street rather than take the lift, it simply would not make sense.

I am sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your spa experience. While we value your feedback, I do feel that your dissatisfaction may be more to do with the fact that you are trained in massage and were not approaching it from a relaxation point of view, but rather that you were taking note and comparing it to your own style and training. Had you told your therapist that the massage was uncomfortable they would have altered it to suit your requirements without hesitation.

Our therapists are highly trained and have completed much more than a "Weekend Course in Massage" as you put it. The therapist that performed your treatment has a BTEC - National Diploma in Beauty Science including Sports Massage and a Level 5 HNC in Beauty Science and Therapeutic Massage, she is highly qualified with a number of years experience and has worked here at the V Spa for almost four years. If you had brought your concerns to the attention of the spa manager at the time I am sure she could have done something for you there and then.

Kind Regards
Leona McGee
Senior Manager
Reviewed March 4, 2013

After having a nightmare experience with a neighbouring hotel, after travelling 2 hours to get there, my boyfriend and I walked out. Thankfully this hotel was just up the road. We went in and immediately it was was worlds apart! We explained to the girl at reception what had happened and she was so sympathetic and helpful! She let us view one of the rooms before we made our decision and we didn't even need to look around the room. It was fantastic and and such a relief for us. It was true luxury!

With travelling for so long and having the experience with the previous hotel, we hadn't had any dinner and it was getting late, but the girl at reception said she would ring down to the restaurant and reserve us a table while we got sorted and how it wouldn't be a problem.

I am truly thankful to this girl and the staff at this hotel. The service was fantastic, the hotel fantastic and I would recommend it to everyone!

Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ENNIS
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here for a set dancing weekend and overall impression was that this is a good quality hotel . staff are key here , very attentive , and "on the ball" . Hotel offers good value for money accross the board . rooms are in good condition .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballybofey
Jackson's Hotel
Clanree Hotel
Clanree Hotel
#4 of 12 in Letterkenny
Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny

Been to Villa Rose Hotel? Share your experiences!