“Short stay”
Review of Villa Rose Hotel

Villa Rose Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ballybofey
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just spent 2 nights (14-16th September 2012) at the Villa Rose for my surprise 50th birthday. What can I say, hotel superb, all staff superb, bedroom really fantastic, food and food service superb, although it wasnt me who paid for it the price was very good, people of Ballybofey are really nice and friendly, all I can say is go and try it out for yourself, in my eyes you wont be dissapointed, me and my wife WILL be back again without a doubt.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Villa Rose Hotel

Reviewed September 14, 2012

i booked myself and 2 friends to the spa thermal suite, staff not helpful! thermal suite consists of Jacuzzi and steam room ONLY!! Jacuzzi wasn't working correctly and cost was 75 euro!!! crazy expensive for poor facilities! Could of got same if not better treatment at leisure center for 21euro!! not impressed!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ciara c
VillaRoseHotel, Manager at Villa Rose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Hi Ciara,

I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent experience of the Thermal Suite here at the V Spa. It is true to say that the jets in the Jacuzzi would not come on automatically on the day that you were with us, however as soon as you notified one of our staff members, they immediately got the jets turned on manually and they remained on for the duration of your session. I can understand the inconvenience of having to notify a member of staff, however we did do our best to rectify the situation as soon as it came to our attention.

As well as the Jacuzzi and Crystal Steam Room the Spa Thermal Suite consists of: Tropical Showers; Foot Spa’s & Ice Fountain all of which were working on the day you attended together with access to our Refreshment room which has complimentary herbal tea’s, coffee, fruit & biscuits together with a dining area and couches for your relaxation.

I apologise that you were disappointed by your experience and hope you will accept my apology for any inconvenience caused by the initial disruption to the Jacuzzi.

Kind Regards
Mariana McIntyre
V Spa Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Staff were wonderful. Rooms modern and tasteful. We were in the extension at the back.
Excellent value. If I ran a hotel I would strive for staff like those I met in the Villa Rose. Nothing seemed like too much trouble to them.

Room Tip: We had rooms in the extension at the back.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Went for a wedding in The Villa Rose with my wife and decided to make it a short break away. We spent 3 nights and what an experience. From checking to departure I have never had such a good experience in a hotel. The main asset to this hotel is simple...the staff. Nothing was any trouble and everything was done with a smile and a quick chat. We asked to move from our original room due to an air conditioning unit outside the window and we were promptly moved with the help from the manager. Even though the staff were young they were so attentive and courteous in all they did for us. A special mention for Jackie for all her help. The wedding was run like clockwork with the only disappointment being the roast beef main course. All other food was excellent. Small touch's such as the spring water in the room to the free newspaper in the morning were great. Breakfast was excellent and plentiful as was the lunch we had on our first day. Well done Villa Rose. We'll be back.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShayFit
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

From checking in to checking out found the hotel just lovely have to say the staff are second to none so friendly and welcoming and nothing too much trouble. The town is a little limited for anything to do and range of other places to eat is also limited but all in all a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank mojitolovers
Reviewed September 5, 2012

A recent one night stay here was a pleasure, the staff here are so enthusiatic and motivated they would put others in bigger hotels to shame.

We had dinner in Faras restaurant and it was terrific, the starters followed by perfectly cooked and served steaks were a delight.

This hotel has two sections, one fronting onto the main street and the newer one reached via a covered walkway which is where we stayed, my room was spacious with modern furniture and fittings, both it and the bathroom were spotlessly clean.

Breakfast was from hot bins but surprisingly the elements were all fresh and appetising, despite my abhorrence of breakfast served in that manner this was very good so maybe this hotel has found the solution to hot food in bins becoming practically inedible, if so well done.

The location of the hotel is not terrific from an aesthetics point of view but if you can ignore the immediate surroundings and you want top quality, fantastic staff, terrific food and all at a very reasonable cost you won't beat this hotel in this area in my opinion.

Plenty of free car parking and being located right in the centre of Ballybofey are more plus points, make sure to ring in advance for directions to the car park as it will save hassle trying to locate it.

Mention of and well done to Niamh and her managerss in the restaurant along with Cathy on reception, all of whom were fantastic and a credit to the hotel.

No problem in giving the Villa Rose a top recommendation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank neilevan
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my husband last weekend. I was most impressed with the staff, from reception to waiting staff, to bar staff, I would have to give them 10 out of 10. They were friendly, helpful and cheerful at all times. We had dinner at the hotel both nights, and food was very good. Room was spotless, we had a king sized bed, which was lovely.
The only downside was the walls are quite thin, and we could hear most of our neighbour's conversation, luckily they weren't too noisy, so we had no problem sleeping.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballybofey
Jackson's Hotel
Harvey's Point
Harvey's Point
#1 of 7 in Donegal Town
Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny

Been to Villa Rose Hotel? Share your experiences!