“Top quality”
Review of Villa Rose Hotel

Villa Rose Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ballybofey
Reviewed September 5, 2012

A recent one night stay here was a pleasure, the staff here are so enthusiatic and motivated they would put others in bigger hotels to shame.

We had dinner in Faras restaurant and it was terrific, the starters followed by perfectly cooked and served steaks were a delight.

This hotel has two sections, one fronting onto the main street and the newer one reached via a covered walkway which is where we stayed, my room was spacious with modern furniture and fittings, both it and the bathroom were spotlessly clean.

Breakfast was from hot bins but surprisingly the elements were all fresh and appetising, despite my abhorrence of breakfast served in that manner this was very good so maybe this hotel has found the solution to hot food in bins becoming practically inedible, if so well done.

The location of the hotel is not terrific from an aesthetics point of view but if you can ignore the immediate surroundings and you want top quality, fantastic staff, terrific food and all at a very reasonable cost you won't beat this hotel in this area in my opinion.

Plenty of free car parking and being located right in the centre of Ballybofey are more plus points, make sure to ring in advance for directions to the car park as it will save hassle trying to locate it.

Mention of and well done to Niamh and her managerss in the restaurant along with Cathy on reception, all of whom were fantastic and a credit to the hotel.

No problem in giving the Villa Rose a top recommendation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank neilevan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my husband last weekend. I was most impressed with the staff, from reception to waiting staff, to bar staff, I would have to give them 10 out of 10. They were friendly, helpful and cheerful at all times. We had dinner at the hotel both nights, and food was very good. Room was spotless, we had a king sized bed, which was lovely.
The only downside was the walls are quite thin, and we could hear most of our neighbour's conversation, luckily they weren't too noisy, so we had no problem sleeping.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

As a family with two small children we stayed at The Villa Rose Hotel at the end of August. Unfortunately as we booked late the last family room available was in the original part of the hotel and the room was quite small and stuffy. There was only a shower in the room which was difficult to work. The beds were very old and creaky but the duvet was nice and comfy.
We had an evening meal included in our package and this was quite nice and they do accommodate coeliac's, but on the night in question they did come back to me a couple of times to tell me that they didn't have my original choice of starter or main course, so I had to change my mind. The waitress was extremely helpful and apologised profusely. We were charged extra for the children’s meals and drinks, but I was disgusted to see that they charged €2.70 for a child’s apple juice.
There was a lot of noise during the night which I couldn’t sleep through although thankfully the children did, but when I mentioned this at the reception desk on checkout all I heard was that I should have rang down during the night. I explained that I didn’t want to wake the children by calling at that time and I did not feel that I got any satisfaction from the receptionist in this regard.
The breakfast was just ok; I’ve had so much better in many other hotels, they appeared to guard the hot buffet with dear life. The waitresses were quite helpful and accommodating in getting gluten free bread and well done eggs.
The hotel overall is quite nice, I would recommend not to stay in the older part of the hotel, where the doors bang (could do with a soft close mechanism) and the beds are very old and creaky.

Room Tip: Try and avoid getting a room in the 'older' part of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank KGK_11
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed in the Villa Rose Hotel in Ballybofey in August 2012. From the outside the Hotel looks tiny, but once you go under the arch to the back it is deceivingly big. The rooms are very well decorated and there is a nice touch of having water in the room.

Had a meal in the bar and the bar staff and food were excellent.

We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I only gave the sleep quality 3 because my daughters bed was very squeaky and she didn't sleep a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had a one night stay in Villa Rose on August 11-12 this year. Spa facilities were fine and food was excellent; staff looked after us really well, and the food itself was of good quality and very filling.We were staying in the "new" hotel and although there was a wedding on , we never heard any noise later on.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. There was a wedding on when we were there (staying in the new part), but we...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Excellent hotel., great friendly service and amazing food.
Could not fault in any way. The lady in charge of the restaurant was fanstic and could have not being more helpful. Staye on a weekend deal and was amazed by value offered. Breakfast is not to be missed

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank westrep
Reviewed August 30, 2012

we stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Initially we planned to stay in another local hotel where friends had booked into but it was fully booked. Hotel was clean luxuriously furnished and food was good. There were 2 weddings at time of our event which unfortunatly resulted in noise. Cobsidering the offer our friends got for neighbouring hotel we felt they got the best deal

• Stayed: August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballybofey
Jackson's Hotel
Clanree Hotel
Clanree Hotel
#3 of 12 in Letterkenny
Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny

Been to Villa Rose Hotel? Share your experiences!