“3 days with faboulous food.”
Review of BallyBuffet Bistro

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
BallyBuffet Bistro
Ranked #12 of 16 Restaurants in Ballybofey
Cuisines: European
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I had the sirloin on the 1st night, I wanted to have it again but I had seen the lamb being served and it looked amazing. So on the 2nd night I had the lamb and boy was it good. On the 3rd night I had the fish which was so tasty and there was plenty of it.
My 3 children loved the soup, chicken wings, kids steak, and the roast of the day. I cant comment on other items because the kids kept ordering what they knew they loved.
When you can take children out to a hotel and give them a starter, main course and dessert for under €10 and their plates are scrapped clean you know you have found a class place.
Also the kids menu has activities for the kids to keep them occupied.
For myself, I was never disappointed with anything and the wine selection is very good and well priced.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

Went for rib eye and have only had better steak
once before. Had to wait a while as was pretty busy though not
too long.

Very enjoyable meal.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

Had a meal with my husband and children was absolutely best meal ever we had.
The choice was wide and varied. We decided to have steak. ( the best steak ever....) Our children also wanted steak and the very helpful waitress suggested sharing 1 which was a great idea. The deserts were to die for black forest gateaux, cheesecake.
Great meal out really enjoyed

Reviewed November 22, 2011

The food is fair but the service APPALLING. visited the bistro on a Sunday evening. It was getting quiet. We waited ages to get menus and longer to get our orders taken. Wait staff don't seem to be interested in customers at all, at one point there were 5 wait staff happily chatting together behind the glass display counter totally immersed in their own folly. At this stage there was just one other table sitting, a newly wed couple. Both tables had to go to the cashier twice to ask for table service. Having walked around the bistro I was stunned to realise there was nobody else seated so I was fairly miffed that the service was non-existent. Eventually, after 1 hour and 40 minutes our food arrived. Then we had to get up to go ask for cutlery!! When it came the waitress placed it in a pile in the center of the table and walked away!!!! Lack of manners, name tags & courteousness - these waitress don't deserve to be employed in this capacity when there are so many umemployed that would gratefully do the job with great service, even modest service would be better than what was displayed that evening. The most annoying thing was we all only really wanted sandwiches & chips or something quick as we were part of a big wedding group meetng in the bar and wanted to be fed and gone quite quickly - hence going to the bistro on location and not a nicer restaurant elsewhere. When we glanced at the menu and explained our predicament to the waitress, she told us they were "too busy" to make us sandwiches so we'd have to order off the menu. Even at that we ordered burgers and salads, one had specifically ordered it plain - no sauces of any sort.. When (almost 2 hours later) it arrived it was smothered in sauce, when this was pointed out again it was reluctantly taken back and the waitress seemed agasp as if she had never heard the first request! Fairly rude staff, need a lot of managerial tutoring and in dire need of basic training. We proceeded to the bar to finally join our group only to see a few menus on the bar counter ----- yes, you guessed it ...... all sandwiches!! GGGRRRRRR!!!! Avoid this place unless you want to come out grumpy. We shared similar views with many others from our large group.

1  Thank TravellingQ8
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Visited with family and visitors for eveing meal. Good service and good choice with evening specials available.