“Absolutely superb”
Review of Fortview House

Fortview House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Goleen
Fortview House
Ranked #2 of 2 Goleen B&B and Inns
NI
“Absolutely superb”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Excellent place to stay if you are around the west cork area.

Great price ... Great rooms ... Great hospitality ... Lovely owner ... As for the breakfast ... One cannot say enough about the quality and the quantity of the menu ... It was just great.

I've taken a few of the business cards to share with others! And will definitately be back in the future !

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank suitcase222

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This place is a gem and is best described as a boutique B&B with the personal touch. We (my wife and I) couldn't have been made more welcome, the room we were given was spotless and beautiful, and the breakfast was legendary. Home baking and freshly squeezed fruit juices make this even more special. All the extra touches like exclusive bathroom soaps and a first class shower add to the experience. There is also a spacious sitting room for guests which is a great place in which to relax, and tea and coffee making facilities are provided free of charge. The location is perfect for Schull, Goleen, Barleycove and Mizen Head which have to be the three high points of West Cork.
Like I said. A gem.

Room Tip: All rooms are well situated with one or two looking over a small garden.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank jhnsfdbck
clane
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My parents stayed here last week. We bought it for them as a birthday present for my Dad and it was recommended by another B+B in Toormore where they had stayed before. They were thrilled when I spoke to them on the phone . Violet and family made them feel very welcome. They stayed four days and were sad to leave and would love to go back again next year. My mother said the house was spotless and so comfortable. They had access to a drawing room where they were able to have tea or coffee or a glass on wine. My parents are elderly so I needed a place they could return to early if they did not last the days activities. Thank you Violet and family for looking after them so well it was very much appreciated.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent and they have self catering units as well.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jerry R
Greenville, SC
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We only stayed one night, but this was my favorite B&B of all the ones we tried in Ireland, and there was stiff competition on our itinerary!

We arrived late afternoon after a long drive with several stops along the coast from Kinsale and a long walk in the drizzle in Schull. Violet greeted us heartily with French press coffee, tea, and amazing cookies all on china in her very comfortable sitting room. She spent a few minutes with us talking as if we were old friends. I felt like I had known her forever!

Our rooms were nicely decorated with beautiful artwork. The bed was comfortable, indoor temperature was wonderful. Shower worked perfectly.

But breakfast the next morning was what would bring me back here in an instant. Her brown bread and scones were handmade as were her jams. I would have eaten those all day long. Fruit juice was freshly squeezed, and again the coffee was wonderful! She offered pancakes (not quite as thin as a crepe but not a fluffy as an American pancake) sprinkled with white sugar and drizzled with maple syrup (they were a big hit!), muesli with yogurt, fresh fruit, an omelette made with eggs from her own hens, and of course an Irish breakfast.

It was the only B&B we stayed in where I felt like I was staying in someone's home and was a personal guest. If we'd had more time, you would have found me with a book in her conservatory looking over her land or sitting out back enjoying her beautiful gardens.

Stay here and you won't be sorry!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank randmel
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The breakfasts are to die for, the rooms are gorgeous and Violet is a national treasure!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank MCD01
London
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at Violet's wonderful B&b while on a family holiday to Ireland. It was the cheapest place we stayed but by far the best. Great rooms all individually decorated. Spotlessly clean and comfortable but what set Fortview apart from it's competition was Violet's wonderful welcome ( a pot of the best tea and carrot cake). Her breakfasts are amazing and you leave her table stuffed!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Twiz72
england
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I didn't really stay here last year (it won't let me go back far enough), it was actually a couple of years earlier but was looking the place up as I'm thinking of returning to Ireland on hols this year and thought I would write a review.
This place is amazing. The house is beautiful. Violet, her husband and the au pair were all absolutely lovely, warm hearted people.
Also the best breakfast I've had -I'm a veggie and usually have a very limited choice, but not here. My family and I go away a lot and have stayed in lots and lots of B&Bs and hotels but never found anywhere that even comes close to Violet's place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank fussytraveller36
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleen
Maritime Hotel
Maritime Hotel
#1 of 5 in Bantry
Carbery Cottage Guest Lodge
Edencrest Bed and Breakfast

Been to Fortview House? Share your experiences!