“Bitter Sweet Evening”
Review of Quincy's - CLOSED

Quincy's
Cuisines: Irish, European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Galway
“Bitter Sweet Evening”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We ate here last evening when overnighting at the nearby Dromoland Castle and this was quite possibly the nicest all round dining experience I have ever had in Ireland or elsewhere. Having found it on TA we booked a table expecting by the reviews for it to be good but we were blown away. The room itself is in a vintage style and seats about 40. It was busy when we arrived and there was a lovely buzz. The waiter who looked after us was a real professional in his work, chatty, informative but natural with it. The quality of the food was 1st class from starters right through to coffees. Bill was just over €80 for 2 courses (incl fillet mc), 1/2 bottle white, 2 glasses red and coffees. I wouldn't have minded if it was twice that it was that good. Now for the bitter part.......we got chatting to the lady owner just before we paid as we felt we should compliment them on a great little business and it was then she informed us that last night was in fact their last trading. Despite being busy year round, having a great reputation for fantastic food and great service the numbers simply didn't stand up to keep the business viable and this to me, is in a nutshell, what is wrong with Ireland and what annoys me when I hear complaints about high prices. The simple fact is that the cost of inputs into the F&b business are now so high that great businesses like this one go to the wall everyday. It was just depressing to hear it but sadly not surprising. I would like to wish them well and hope that someone takes up the reigns and keeps this place as well run as it has been.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank GM1Galway

NJ
“Excellent meal and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our b/b host recommended this restaurant to us and we were so glad she did. Food was excellent as was service. Very warm atmosphere..highly recommend!
Seafood chowder, sea bass was perfect. Sample of soup they gave us was a nice treat to start with before our meal.

• Visited August 2013
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Had a lovely meal with my husband here. The place just looks lovely and warm and homely. The atmosphere is great, the food fantastic. And the staff are very welcoming and friendly. It has to be one of the best meals I have eaten in a long time. Will definitely be making a trip to Quinn again very soon.

• Visited July 2013
“Best service best food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went out for a meal at this restaurant a few weeks ago with my wife. I have to say that it was the best meal that I have had out in a long long time. Even though it is not that far a distance from where I live I would easily travel a long way to find somewhere as good. Everything about this place is close to perfect, the food, the service and the atmosphere. Cant wait to return and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great night out.

• Visited June 2013
Limerick, Ireland
“Little Village Gem”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

mary and i decided to go on the spur of the moment for a birthday dinner, we live in Bunratty and had heard about Quincy's but never eaten there. The owners met us and were perfect hosts, the prices are reasonable and the early bird is exceptional value. The choice on the menu is wide (make sure to look on the back cover, the fish dishes are there). the setting is charming and well decorated. our host served a sample of a pea soup with local specialty bread while we waited for excellent starters (prawn cesar salad and the local mushrooms). the presentation is excellent the dishes look very appetising. the main courses mary had the cod with chrizzo and i had the rack of ribs again very well presneted and tasty. We were delighted with our impromptu evening out and will definitley be back to Quincy's. if you go, ask for a table that allows you to look out through the front window, there are cattle in the field and the view is wonderful.

• Visited June 2013