“Love my Report!”

Naples, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love my Report!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I recently received my report from the Clare Heritage Centre and it brought tears to my eyes. The detailed information about my Irish roots was completely unknown to me. Twice I had tried to begin my own research on visits to Dublin and was unsuccessful as I continually ran into dead ends. Antoinette's research went back 5 generations. Whenever a roadblock was reached, she suggested resources for continuing research outside of Clare, for example, for my family in Limerick. Antoinette even made phone contact with my mother's first cousin and provided a mailing address that allowed me to immediately send off a letter. Her email replies to my questions were timely. My only criticism is the length of time it took to get my finished report (about a year), but it was WELL WORTH THE WAIT! I would recommend the Clare Heritage Centre to anyone interested in learning about their Clare roots. Thank you Antoinette; you have given a precious gift to me and my siblings.
Sharon Kay (Fitzgerald) Greenwood Naples, New York USA

Visited July 2012
1 Thank SharonKayG

Orangeburg, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Visiting the Centre”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

What a delightful experience! Antoinette was effcient-fun and pretty to look at. A real Irish lass. I had sent her info and had received an appt. What fun listening to her tell about my family and life during their time there. They left due to the famine. She even was able to point out the land they farmed and the Church they attended. I had most of the facts, but she added the color. Seems I am from the illegitimate branch of the family tree!!!!!!!!! If I ever return to the area, the Centre will be one of my first stops.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Donna W
Lexington, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Clare Heritage Center in Corofin”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Recently, my wife and I were in County Clare to do some genealogy research. We were having trouble finding some records, so we decided to stop by the Clare Heritage Center, in Corofin. We did not have an appointment, but we were seen as soon as we went in. The person that we spoke to took some information and asked for a couple of hours to see what she could find for us. My wife and I went out for a long lunch and some shopping. When we returned to the Heritage Center, we were given numerous pieces of information that we had not had before. This was important information that we had not been able to find ourselves. Due to the scarcity of genealogy information that is on-line for County Clare; this help was extremely important. This saved us from many days or even weeks of searching by ourselves. We were so very impressed that we consequently commissioned the Heritage Center to research and write a family history book for us. I would recommend the Heritage Center, in Corofin, to anyone working on family history in County Clare.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Dick H
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Friendly, helpful and gave me an extended family I never knew”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

On my first visit to the Centre in 2001 I asked about their genealogy services. I was able to speak to the genealogist for close on 30 minutes and she explained their service, the sort of report I might receive on my Irish grandmother, how long it might take and the costs involved. After this friendly and helpful discussion I came away feeling confident that this was the service I needed. The report I received fully justified that confidence and was all that I wanted and more. My Irish grandfather was still a puzzle. But in 2011 I came across some key information that led me to discuss with the same genealogist whether it might now be practicable to commission another report but this time on him. She did some initial searches (no charge) and came back to confirm that she had found him and his parents. I then commissioned a second report. There were some delays but these were fully explained to me from the start; I appreciated that this is not a commercial enterprise but a not for profit community undertaking. The genealogist certainly went the extra mile calling me on the telephone, and emailing me, as the need arose. She did not confine her report to searching official records, but also tried to find my oldest living relative by calling people in the telephone directory. And she found him! His son later emailed me. I visited my cousins in Co Clare last July and am now in contact with relatives across the world on both my grandparents' sides. It's a great joy to me and would not have happened but for the excellent service I received from this busy office. In July I drove over to the Centre to thank the staff in person. I was welcomed and again had an unscheduled half hour friendly and helpful chat with the genealogist. All in all, a 5 star service.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Chunkie2
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The Clare Heritage Centre was outstanding. They were very thorough in researching my family. The information I received was absolute amazing! I was amazed with the wealth of information I received. Anyone I dealt with was patient and very professional. I have been researching for the last 10 years and have used the Centre at least 3 times. Any time I either emailed or called them I always received a response within days. I have been to Ireland many times in the past 8 years doing family research. My visit to the Centre in Corofin proved to be very rewarding and a highlight of my trip. The girl who spoke with me was patient, professional and very competent. My experience with research is to have patience and work with competent people. The Heritage Centre in Corofin is such a place. I highly recommend using the Centre.

Visited April 2012