“Fantastic place to....eat, drink and be merry!!!!”

Bofey Quinns Bar & Restaraunt
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Corofin
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a family run Pub/restaurant, celebrating 20 years in Business March 2014. We are only 35 minutes from Shannon airport on the R476 on route to the Burren or Cliff's of Moher. We are well know for our great TRADITIONAL MUSIC SESSIONS every Wednesday & Saturday nights, as well as good home-cooked food. We have fresh fish, pizza, steak, wraps,sandwiches and stews, as well as smoked salmon, chowder and garlic bread. Our restaurant seats 40 persons and is wheelchair friendly. Our menu is suitable for vegetarians, but with only a small selection of gluten free meals(we're working on that one). All our staff are local so can offer great advice on tourist spots in our area. we close MON & TUE between Nov - March. Food served from 1pm to 9pm
Lydd, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic place to....eat, drink and be merry!!!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed for a week just outside of Corrofin with family, every day, at some stage we would end up at "Bofey Quinns", the welcome was always very warm, one of our party had mobility issues, this was never a problem here as one of the staff was always on hand to help with doors or seating arrangements. The warm welcome extended from the bar to the restaurant, where the food was of the highest standard, this included the tasty and filling bar snacks to the first class evening meals, all prepared by the in house chef, who was constantly on hand to discuss the food and make us all feel very welcome.
If you are in the area, you won't find better, if you are further away, make the effort to track this place down, it's well worth the trip.
Thanks to you all for making us feel so welcome, the staff, food and drink.....and tHe music on Wednesady night were all wonderful!!!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Guy B
Trish C, Owner at Bofey Quinns Bar & Restaraunt, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you so much for a great review, we are very proud to own such a wonderful bar/restaurant. But as you know it is the customers and staff that make a place special, so thanks for taking the time to review and I hope you will visit again, or follow us on FB

St. Mary, United Kingdom
“Excellent place for food and music”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed in corofin for a week with family , food was excellent and music on Wednesday night was extremely good , bar staff were friendly and helpful throughout our visit (sometimes more than once a day)

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ian S
Thanks Guys for your review, sorry I am only replying now, but busy busy busy..
Glad you enjoyed your visit to Bofeys, Niall my husband is our chef and really enjoys the craic with our customers.
The musicians are a fantastic bunch who will go out of their way to make your holiday, so please come back to visit again
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Super place, kind people, lovely food.”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at the campsite in Corofin from June 4 to 9 and ate here every night. As a lone female traveller I don't normally eat in pubs but received such a friendly reception that I didn't hesitate after the first night. My Corofin Smoked Fish Pie was excellent and the Guinness an absolute treat. The bar staff and waitresses couldn't have been more welcoming. Trish encouraged me to return later to listen to the music and when I did, she found me a seat right in the middle, much better than the one I had selected on the edge. You can't put a price on kindness and I was very grateful . The music was great, traditional and songs, Paddy came around to ask everyone if they would to sing a song (a true gentleman is Paddy) and a good night was had by all, a lot of laughter and some wonderful singing from the group and from guests.
This is the Ireland I came here to experience......traditional decor, good food, friendly people.....and Guinness which tastes much better than it does back in the UK!
I have read some of the other reviews and can only comment that we all occasionally have an off day and maybe reviewers should be a little more tolerant? I will certainly be visiting again when next in Ireland!

1 Thank IsobelM777
Trish C, Owner at Bofey Quinns Bar & Restaraunt, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you so much, we really do try to make our customers feel at home in Bofey's , it can be a bit intimating as a female in a pub and all staff are trained to make an extra special effort to our lone travellers male or female. I do remember you well and knew you would love the session, so am delighted you came back and had a good time, thanks so much for taking the time to post your review
Ennis, Ireland
“A tiny bit of Manners would go a long way!..”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We arrived after a long drive around the coast. We, have eaten there before and I cannot fault the food it was lovely. But, a bit of Manner's would not go astray with the staff behind the bar. Was waiting on the person behind the bar to turn around, said excuse me. Was treated as if didn't she want to be disturbed, it was not that busy in the bar. The way she spoke!.. Went to sit down, waitress came down asked if we were ok, I did, advise was not happy with the way I was spoken to at the bar. I will not be returning. If you are not happy about your work, don't be in a place that you deal with customers.

3 Thank fifi197142
I agree with your heading..
I am that person who was behind the bar, but you forgot to mention the reason why my back was to you, was because I was already with a customer on the credit card machine, while yes I did not notice you come in, I did turn around when you asked if you could take the menu, I did say yes no problem, but when you wanted to be served drink then I replied I would be with you in two seconds both the other customer and myself could clearly see you where not happy with this, so I called a member of staff over and sent her to you table straight away. I am sorry if you disagree with this but it would be unprofessional of me to abandon a customer in the middle of a credit card transaction.
It really would have only taken a couple more seconds and I would have given you my full attention
Maryville, Tennessee
“Great Place”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Bofey Quinn's is a terrific spot for a delicious meal, traditional Irish music, and an adult beverage if you wish. It is family friendly too. The owners are welcoming and warm, and the food is scrumptious. This was a very positive experience.

• Visited June 2014
Thank you folks for reviewing Bofey Quinns, delighted you found us and enjoyed your visit