“Disappointed”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leighlinbridge
Ireland
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 14, 2009

I wrote a previous review on this hotel and gave it a very positive review. However, after staying here again 2 nights ago, I had to come back and change my opinion. Stayed in a different room this time and was not impressed.. When I pulled back the curtains to close them, there was mould all over the wall. This room was much smaller than the first one I stayed in and I was really unhappy with it overall. The shower and bath were all the one whereas they were seperate on the first stay. I know the hotel has been through a lot of hardship with recent flooding but I really don't think I'll be rushing back, and if I do I will be requesting my original room..

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
wicklow
Reviewed October 2, 2009

Really enjoyed this place. Lovely surprise and I'm quite picky. It was just me and 2 small children for 3 days. We had a great time. Lovely location, decor is excellent - very classy and will not date. Service and food were great. Had a lovely big room overlooking the river. Beds are the biz!

There is something here for everyone. Old, young, business and they all blend well. There is a small kids area which is sound proofed near the bar which I really appreciated as did the other residents. Even though I have kids, I don't want to go to a place over-run with lots. We got a great offer for 3 nights.

I'm now looking for somewhere similar in October up north and can't seem to find anything that compares in price and quality with the Lord Bagenal. Will be back for sure!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank leopard44
dublin
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I attended a wedding hear in the Lord Bagenal ,from the time we walked in throught the doors we were greeted by james the manager ,he was so friendly .when i went to check -in that day i had a receptionist who was not so friendly didnt even look at me or try to make a conversation thats just minor do .the Banqueting staff were so friendly and up for a laugh all i can say to them is well done girls great job .
The meal was was lovely but he beef wasnt the best now , The rooms were out of this world the bed was soooo comfy . I didnt get to make breakfast ,but i heard it was nice . so all around nice hotel

• Stayed August 2009
Cannock Staffs.
Reviewed April 15, 2009

Only the bar resturant was available to us the food here could only be described as 'Pub Grub' and expensive at that. Accommodation & Staff brilliant, could not ask for more, but food very disapointing. I would expect the main resturant to equal the web site and guides.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Carlow
Reviewed January 28, 2009

We just got married in Oct 2008 in The Lord Bagenal. From the moment I arrived I was greeted by James the owner and the bridal party was treated to some lovely bubbly. I felt like a queen. I had spent so much time worrying about my big day and all the worrys drifted away from the moment I got out of the car. The hotel, the service the staff were fantastic, fresh flowers, candles, nice back round music. I can say no one went hungry and all tastes were catered for. I got loads of help from James and Sue picking my menu's and my wine. They really know there stuff as the wine they helped me pick went down a treat with the fantastic meal as I was worried about keeping all my guest happy and I did'nt need to ask James and his staff are so experienced in helping choose your menu, your wine and what to do in the evening. My husband even wanted to go abroad to get married and was worried about the day. He will now tell you honestly that The Lord Bagenal even with a drop of rain is the best place in the world to get married, you look out the window and you feel like your in Monto Carlo with the posh boats on the water outside. Plenty of comfortable smoking space for all the smokers out there and a nice stroll after your dinner. Our whole day flew and was amazing and it was all possible down to James, Sue, Kay and all his hard working staff. All our dreams came true in a lovely little town in a fantastic hotel with very friendly and hard working staff. All my guests had a lovely experience there and we highly recommend you go see it and all your dreams can come through too. My came true and under my budget in these hard times. Thanks guys who made it all worth it.

Catriona & Paul

• Liked — bed, shower, the comfort, dinner, breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank evergreenbeany
laois
Reviewed December 23, 2008

This hotel is nessled in an old beautiful country village which still holds its original charm. We just got married in the Lord Bagenal in October. We had the most fantastic day, the food, the service, the staff, I could not have asked for nor wished for a better hotel!! It was the one and only hotel I looked at. From the fist moment I saw the hotels reception and function room, I instantly knew i would have my reception here. From the moment we arrived, the greeting, the reception we got, everything was just amazing. The compliments we received from all guests on the hotel was fantastic. The function room looked brilliant over looking the river, and all the bedrooms were fab. My guests at the wedding could not get over the efficiency of the service at the meal, the amount of times the waiters/waitresses came round topping up wine and offering more food, the politeness of the staff, nothing was too much trouble for them, the quality of the food and how much of it there was! I cannot thank the staff and the owner James enough for making it the most wonderful day of my life.

• Stayed October 2008
1 Thank gtg1
ireland
Reviewed October 7, 2008

We just got married in the Lord Bagenal. We had a lot of friends and family from around the world travel for the event and the Lord Bagenal catered for everyone. The staff were so friendly, helpful and fun-loving. We loved the country-chic style of the hotel, the rooms were beautiful and the food was amazing. The picturesque village of Leighlinbridge is typically Irish, full of charm and a perfect backdrop to the Lord Bagenal. We would highly recommend it.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — The Irish rain!!!
  • Stayed August 2008
1 Thank learner-comerford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leighlinbridge
Woodford Dolmen Hotel
Seven Oaks Hotel
Seven Oaks Hotel
#3 of 5 in Carlow
Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort

Been to The Lord Bagenal Inn? Share your experiences!